What is involved in Agile
Find out what the related areas are that Agile connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Agile thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Agile Unified Process journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Agile Unified Process leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Agile related domains to cover and 108 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Agile, AIM-95 Agile, Agile Communications, Agile Project Management, Agile Property, Agile Software Corporation, Agile construction, Agile manufacturing, Agile software development, Agility, Association of Geographic Information Laboratories for Europe, Chevrolet Agile, HMS Agile, Mega Man X2, Project AGILE, USS Agile, Wallis WA-116 Agile:
Agile Critical Criteria:
Devise Agile visions and describe the risks of Agile sustainability.
– Agile project management with Scrum derives from best business practices in companies like Fuji-Xerox, Honda, Canon, and Toyota. Toyota routinely achieves four times the productivity and 12 times the quality of competitors. Can Scrum do the same for globally distributed teams?
– Can working in an agile mode assist a corporate venture in achieving good results early, in starting business, and in bringing income for the parent company?
– Key problem solving knowledge resides with the knowledge workers, and not the manager. So, how do we adapt project management techniques to deal with this key reality?
– Ground your decisions in the understanding of the underlying issues at play and always ask yourself: Why did we do it that way?
– What if your business needs are still emerging and certain aspects of the system are rapidly changing or cannot be defined yet?
– Under what conditions are managers an absolute requirement in an agile environment? (e.g. Government applications?)
– Are meetings viewed as ways for managers to micromanage their teams: what have you done in the last 24 hours?
– Are we leaning into, defining and effectively engaging future needs, challenges and opportunities?
– How could a new product or service be developed in this century without Agile Project Management?
– What can those funding the project expect to have changed when the project is finished?
– What are the a best practices for Agile SCRUM Product Management?
– What venues are most important for this field?
– Will the team be populated by stakeholders?
– Are you getting the feedback you need?
– How good are our agile methods?
– What does User Experience do?
– What is the quality of the software?
– What is ASD to us?
– How are requirements coming?
– How hard is it to be Agile?
AIM-95 Agile Critical Criteria:
Examine AIM-95 Agile tactics and assess what counts with AIM-95 Agile that we are not counting.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Agile delivery for example is new software needed?
– How do we manage Agile Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What are the long-term Agile goals?
Agile Communications Critical Criteria:
Canvass Agile Communications quality and probe Agile Communications strategic alliances.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Agile?
– What are specific Agile Rules to follow?
– Why are Agile skills important?
Agile Project Management Critical Criteria:
Infer Agile Project Management failures and observe effective Agile Project Management.
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– From an organizational perspective, what are the trade-offs involved in shifting all project management to an agile approach, versus maintaining a mixed portfolio of agile and traditional development?
– With agile processes promoting the concept of self-directed teams, is there room for the conventional project manager or does this role also need to evolve to suit the principles of the new paradigm?
– What of the risk of rework if initial architecture work overlooks what turns out to be critical? what is the probability of this happening?
– Which existing processes, tools and templates for executing projects can be applied to the agile project management framework?
– Exactly how does one go about adapting the agile project management model for collocated teams to virtual ones?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– How will the existing culture and organizational structure be impacted by agile project management?
– Which individual role is responsible for all aspects of the delivery of the solution?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Agile project?
– How will jettisoning certain processes and structure impact the business?
– Agile Project Management and PRINCE2 9 – one or the other, or both?
– that is fine as far as it goes, but does this scale?
– Are we ready to execute an agile project?
– How do we minimize impact and cost?
– Velocity -how fast are we going?
– When does a project begin and end?
– What is scrum?
– Who is a customer?
– When is done done?
Agile Property Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Agile Property tactics and find out what it really means.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Agile, including any consulting or professional services?
– What vendors make products that address the Agile needs?
– How do we keep improving Agile?
Agile Software Corporation Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Agile Software Corporation decisions and figure out ways to motivate other Agile Software Corporation users.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Agile activities?
Agile construction Critical Criteria:
Guard Agile construction tasks and correct Agile construction management by competencies.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Agile study?
– Who needs to know about Agile ?
– How do we go about Securing Agile?
Agile manufacturing Critical Criteria:
Learn from Agile manufacturing engagements and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Agile manufacturing.
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Agile software development quality and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Agile software development decisions.
– When you are identifying the potential technical strategy(s) you have several process factors that you should address. As with initial scoping how much detail you go into when documenting the architecture, the views that you create, and your approach to modeling are important considerations. Furthermore, will you be considering one or more candidate architectures and what is your overall delivery strategy?
– Much of the agile advice is oriented towards small teams of up to ten people, who are either co-located or near located, who have ready access to their primary stakeholders, and who are working on software that can be easily organized into a series of small releases. What about large teams?
– The sprint backlog is the list of work the team must address during the next sprint. The list is derived by selecting stories/features from the top of the product backlog until the team feels they have enough work to fill the sprint. Is this done by the team asking, Can we also do this?
– How can we fix actual and perceived problems uncovered in ethnographic investigations of Agile software development teams?
– How do agile methods support the principles of Agile Manifesto when using in-house software development methods?
– How do scaling issues affect the manner in which you fulfill your goal of identifying your initial scope?
– Does the organization have a distinct quality program that support continuous process improvement?
– What kind of enabling and limiting factors can be found for the use of agile methods?
– Who would benefit from the framework(s) and how could it (they) be utilized?
– Will the organizational culture support new values of the agile team?
– Which is really software best practice, CMM or agile development?
– Will the broader project community be populated appropriately?
– Regulated Backward Compatibility and Version Numbering?
– From Waterfall to Agile How does a QA Team Transition?
– What does it mean to scale agile solution delivery?
– How could a more enhanced framework be developed?
– What are you planning to complete today?
– What is Scale and Why Manage It?
– What is our Agile methodology?
– What makes agile better?
Agility Critical Criteria:
Consult on Agility adoptions and maintain Agility for success.
– When developing and capitalizing on IoT solutions, do we as owners consider the societal cost, systemic risk, and risk externality to avoid what may be called designer hubris. In other words, why add features when theyre not needed and contribute to the insecurity/fragility of the whole system?
– How do you merge agile, lightweight processes with standard industrial processes without either killing agility or undermining the years youve spent defining and refining your systems and software process assets?
– Do we obtain it performance reports illustrating the value of it from a business driver perspective (Customer Service, cost, agility, quality, etc.)?
– Which customers cant participate in our Agile domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Do we ensure to not add features when theyre not needed and contribute to the insecurity/fragility of the whole system?
– Agility is Key to Industry Relevance. Major projects and initiatives realize their value only when delivered, so why wait?
– Do those selected for the Agile team have a good general understanding of what Agile is all about?
– Do the Agile decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Can Agility Work With a Waterfall Project Management Process in our Setting?
– What is Agility ?
Association of Geographic Information Laboratories for Europe Critical Criteria:
Grasp Association of Geographic Information Laboratories for Europe quality and describe which business rules are needed as Association of Geographic Information Laboratories for Europe interface.
– Does Agile systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Are assumptions made in Agile stated explicitly?
– What are internal and external Agile relations?
Chevrolet Agile Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Chevrolet Agile management and question.
– Who will provide the final approval of Agile deliverables?
HMS Agile Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for HMS Agile governance and stake your claim.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Agile strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How do we know that any Agile analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Is the scope of Agile defined?
Mega Man X2 Critical Criteria:
Investigate Mega Man X2 issues and get going.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Agile process?
– Will Agile deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How can we improve Agile?
Project AGILE Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Project AGILE planning and point out Project AGILE tensions in leadership.
– Can we add value to the current Agile decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Agile forward?
USS Agile Critical Criteria:
Confer over USS Agile tactics and pioneer acquisition of USS Agile systems.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Agile objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Why should we adopt a Agile framework?
Wallis WA-116 Agile Critical Criteria:
Guard Wallis WA-116 Agile management and look at the big picture.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Agile?
– Do we monitor the Agile decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Agile Unified Process Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Agile External links:
NetQuarry – Be Agile
CA Agile Central Login
Certification Training for PMP, Six Sigma, Agile, IT
AIM-95 Agile External links:
AIM-95 Agile – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
AIM-95 Agile – MapQuest
Aim-95 Agile Pictures, Images & Photos | Photobucket
Agile Communications External links:
Agile Communications – MapQuest
Agile Project Management External links:
Sandglaz – Agile Project Management & Team …
What is agile project management? – Definition from …
Agile Project Management – Mind Tools
Agile Property External links:
Agile Property | South China Morning Post
Agile Property Management, Agile
Agile Software Corporation External links:
[PDF]07-593 Agile Software Corporation (‘AGIL/IQG’) …
Agile Software Corporation () IPO | Date, Amount, Price & …
Agile construction External links:
“DEFINING AND EVALUATING AGILE CONSTRUCTION …
AGILE Construction Group, LLC – Home | Facebook
Agile Construction Group – Lubbock, TX – Alignable
Agile software development External links:
Freeport Metrics | Agile Software Development and Design
Introducing Agile Software Development
Agility External links:
Bad Dog Agility – YouTube
Speed & Agility Training | TITLE Boxing – TITLE Boxing
Chevrolet Agile External links:
Chevrolet Agile MPG – Actual MPG from 4 Chevrolet Agile …
chevrolet Agile fans – Home | Facebook
Mega Man X2 External links:
Mega Man X2 for Super Nintendo – GameFAQs
Mega Man X2 – Upgrades and SubTanks FAQ – IGN
MMHP: Mega Man X2 Password Generator
Project AGILE External links:
Project Agile Eye – YouTube
USS Agile External links:
USS AGILE (MSO-421) Crew Roster – Hull Number
Wallis WA-116 Agile External links:
1962 Wallis WA-116 Agile “Little Nellie” – Shuttleworth