What is involved in Enterprise Information Security Architecture
Find out what the related areas are that Enterprise Information Security Architecture connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Enterprise Information Security Architecture thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Enterprise Information Security Architecture journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Enterprise Information Security Architecture leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Enterprise Information Security Architecture related domains to cover and 116 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Enterprise Information Security Architecture, Asynchronous communication, Best practices, Business operations, Configuration management database, Enterprise Cybersecurity, Enterprise architecture, Enterprise architecture planning, Extended Enterprise Architecture Framework, Federal Enterprise Architecture, Financial institutions, Information assurance, Information security, Institute For Enterprise Architecture Developments, Management science, Organizational chart, Service-Oriented Modeling, Service-oriented architecture, Technology roadmaps, Zachman Framework:
Enterprise Information Security Architecture Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Enterprise Information Security Architecture outcomes and separate what are the business goals Enterprise Information Security Architecture is aiming to achieve.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Enterprise Information Security Architecture activities?
– What business benefits will Enterprise Information Security Architecture goals deliver if achieved?
– Who sets the Enterprise Information Security Architecture standards?
Asynchronous communication Critical Criteria:
Audit Asynchronous communication issues and secure Asynchronous communication creativity.
– How important is Enterprise Information Security Architecture to the user organizations mission?
– How do we Identify specific Enterprise Information Security Architecture investment and emerging trends?
Best practices Critical Criteria:
Define Best practices results and gather Best practices models .
– What are our best practices for minimizing Enterprise Information Security Architecture project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Enterprise Information Security Architecture project lifecycle?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Enterprise Information Security Architecture products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Enterprise Information Security Architecture goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– Aare there recommended best practices to help us decide whether they should move to the cloud?
– Are we proactively using the most effective means, the best practices and maximizing our opportunities?
– Does your organization have a company-wide policy regarding best practices for cyber?
– What are some best practices for gathering business intelligence about a competitor?
– What best practices are relevant to your service management initiative?
– What are the best practices for implementing an internal site search?
– Are there any best practices or standards for the use of Big Data solutions?
– What are the a best practices for Agile SCRUM Product Management?
– What are some best practices for managing business intelligence?
– What are the best practices for Risk Management in Social Media?
– What are best practices for building something like a News Feed?
– Are Organizational Change managements best practices (eg Kotter) applied?
– Do we adhere to best practices interface design?
Business operations Critical Criteria:
Audit Business operations failures and gather Business operations models .
– Does Enterprise Information Security Architecture analysis show the relationships among important Enterprise Information Security Architecture factors?
– To what extent does management recognize Enterprise Information Security Architecture as a tool to increase the results?
– Is legal review performed on all intellectual property utilized in the course of your business operations?
– How to move the data in legacy systems to the cloud environment without interrupting business operations?
– What are current Enterprise Information Security Architecture Paradigms?
Configuration management database Critical Criteria:
Read up on Configuration management database tactics and report on developing an effective Configuration management database strategy.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Enterprise Information Security Architecture process?
– In which two Service Management processes would you be most likely to use a risk analysis and management method?
– The words delta, full and package describe different types of release. Which ones do we use when?
– Which process is responsible for the correct configuring and transmission of the programs?
– What would you like the cmdb to do for you -how would they like it to change your life?
– Are all requested changes to the configuration items assessed, processed and tracked?
– What elements are to be tracked and reported for baselines and changes?
– What are direct advantages of entering into Service Level Agreements?
– In availability management terms, what do the letters cia stand for?
– Which is the correct combination of concepts and itil processes?
– What: selection of configuration items (what should be managed?
– What types of status accounting reports are to be generated?
– Which incidents should be logged by the service desk?
– Motivation: why software Configuration Management?
– Was the technical review adequately performed?
– What should be under configuration control?
– How do I find the information that I need?
– Is the change necessary, and if so, why?
– Other reviews to be performed?
– Why a service desk?
Enterprise Cybersecurity Critical Criteria:
Think about Enterprise Cybersecurity projects and do something to it.
– Does Enterprise Information Security Architecture include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What threat is Enterprise Information Security Architecture addressing?
– Why are Enterprise Information Security Architecture skills important?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Enterprise architecture outcomes and work towards be a leading Enterprise architecture expert.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Enterprise Information Security Architecture process?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Will Enterprise Information Security Architecture deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– How do we maintain Enterprise Information Security Architectures Integrity?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Enterprise architecture planning Critical Criteria:
Analyze Enterprise architecture planning visions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Enterprise architecture planning projects.
– How much does Enterprise Information Security Architecture help?
Extended Enterprise Architecture Framework Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Extended Enterprise Architecture Framework risks and spearhead techniques for implementing Extended Enterprise Architecture Framework.
– Think about the people you identified for your Enterprise Information Security Architecture project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are the barriers to increased Enterprise Information Security Architecture production?
– What are the short and long-term Enterprise Information Security Architecture goals?
Federal Enterprise Architecture Critical Criteria:
Learn from Federal Enterprise Architecture failures and gather Federal Enterprise Architecture models .
– Are we Assessing Enterprise Information Security Architecture and Risk?
Financial institutions Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Financial institutions projects and oversee Financial institutions management by competencies.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Enterprise Information Security Architecture is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Enterprise Information Security Architecture values?
– When a Enterprise Information Security Architecture manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Data segregation: will the financial institutions data share resources with data from other cloud clients?
– Why are financial institutions interested in DLTs?
Information assurance Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Information assurance engagements and plan concise Information assurance education.
– How do we measure improved Enterprise Information Security Architecture service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Enterprise Information Security Architecture activities?
– What are specific Enterprise Information Security Architecture Rules to follow?
Information security Critical Criteria:
Start Information security risks and be persistent.
– Has the organization established an enterprise-wide business continuity/disaster recovery program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines?
– Do we maintain our own threat catalogue on the corporate intranet to remind employees of the wide range of issues of concern to Information Security and the business?
– Are information security policies and other relevant security information disseminated to all system users (including vendors, contractors, and business partners)?
– Does the ISMS policy provide a framework for setting objectives and establishes an overall sense of direction and principles for action with regard to information security?
– Based on our information security Risk Management strategy, do we have official written information security and privacy policies, standards, or procedures?
– What are the disruptive Enterprise Information Security Architecture technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Are information security events and weaknesses associated with information systems communicated in a manner to allow timely corrective action to be taken?
– Is the risk assessment approach defined and suited to the ISMS, identified business information security, legal and regulatory requirements?
– Does your company have a current information security policy that has been approved by executive management?
– What information security and privacy standards or regulations apply to the cloud customers domain?
– Does your organization have a chief information security officer (CISO or equivalent title)?
– Ensure that the information security procedures support the business requirements?
– Does mgmt establish roles and responsibilities for information security?
– Is an organizational information security policy established?
– Does your company have an information security officer?
– What is the goal of information security?
Institute For Enterprise Architecture Developments Critical Criteria:
Audit Institute For Enterprise Architecture Developments risks and improve Institute For Enterprise Architecture Developments service perception.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Enterprise Information Security Architecture agendas for the next 3 years?
– How will you know that the Enterprise Information Security Architecture project has been successful?
Management science Critical Criteria:
Gauge Management science risks and describe which business rules are needed as Management science interface.
– Is Enterprise Information Security Architecture dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Are accountability and ownership for Enterprise Information Security Architecture clearly defined?
– Is the scope of Enterprise Information Security Architecture defined?
Organizational chart Critical Criteria:
Categorize Organizational chart management and create a map for yourself.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Enterprise Information Security Architecture process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Enterprise Information Security Architecture process available?
– Constantly communicate the new direction to staff. HR must rapidly readjust organizational charts, job descriptions, workflow processes, salary levels, performance measurement, etc. Why?
Service-Oriented Modeling Critical Criteria:
Apply Service-Oriented Modeling decisions and pioneer acquisition of Service-Oriented Modeling systems.
– Is there a Enterprise Information Security Architecture Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Does Enterprise Information Security Architecture appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– How will you measure your Enterprise Information Security Architecture effectiveness?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Debate over Service-oriented architecture leadership and slay a dragon.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Enterprise Information Security Architecture, including any consulting or professional services?
– What about Enterprise Information Security Architecture Analysis of results?
Technology roadmaps Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Technology roadmaps leadership and differentiate in coordinating Technology roadmaps.
– Have you identified your Enterprise Information Security Architecture key performance indicators?
– What are the business goals Enterprise Information Security Architecture is aiming to achieve?
Zachman Framework Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Zachman Framework risks and report on the economics of relationships managing Zachman Framework and constraints.
– Does Enterprise Information Security Architecture create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Think of your Enterprise Information Security Architecture project. what are the main functions?
– How do enterprise architects use the Zachman Framework?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Enterprise Information Security Architecture Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Enterprise Information Security Architecture External links:
Enterprise information security architecture
http://Enterprise information security architecture (EISA) is a part of enterprise architecture focusing on information security throughout the enterprise. The name implies a difference that may not exist between small/medium-sized businesses and larger organizations.
Asynchronous communication External links:
What is an example of asynchronous communication – …
ERIC – Thesaurus – Asynchronous Communication
Best practices External links:
ALTA – Best Practices
[PDF]Title Insurance and Settlement Company Best Practices
Best Practices – Independence Title
Business operations External links:
UofL Business Operations
Business Operations Manager Jobs, Employment | …
U.S. Forest Service – Business Operations
Configuration management database External links:
Critical Capabilities for Configuration Management Database
ITIL CMDB, Configuration Management Database, Help …
Enterprise Cybersecurity External links:
Enterprise Cybersecurity Office | Mass.gov
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Enterprise architecture planning External links:
[DOC]DOIT Enterprise Architecture Planning Project – Kevin …
Enterprise Architecture Planning: Developing a Blueprint for Data, Applications, and Technology: 9780471599852: Computer Science Books @ Amazon.com
Federal Enterprise Architecture External links:
Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) | The White House
[PDF]Federal Enterprise Architecture and E-Government: …
Financial institutions External links:
Financial Institutions – TN.gov
Kadince – Enterprise software for financial institutions
Washington State Department of Financial Institutions
Information assurance External links:
[PDF]Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program
Job: Information Assurance Analyst | Northtide
Title Information Assurance Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Information security External links:
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 – NIST
ALTA – Information Security
[PDF]TITLE: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT …
Management science External links:
Management Science and Engineering
Management science (Book, 1990) [WorldCat.org]
Management Science – Official Site
Organizational chart External links:
Organizational Chart :: Washington State Department of …
Organizational Chart | United States Department of Labor
Organizational Chart – The State Bar of California Home Page
Service-Oriented Modeling External links:
SERVICE-ORIENTED MODELING – AN ANALYTICAL …
Service-Oriented Modeling Framework™ (SOMF™) >>> …
[PDF]Service-Oriented Modeling Framework (SOMF) Patterns
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Messaging Patterns in Service-Oriented Architecture, Part 1
Service-Oriented Architecture Summary | Accenture
Understanding Service-Oriented Architecture
Technology roadmaps External links:
Connector Technology Roadmaps< http://www.connectorsupplier.com/connector-technology-roadmaps
Technology Roadmaps | Department of Energy
Zachman Framework External links:
The Zachman Framework: An Introduction | TDAN.com
SOA and the Zachman Framework – Dovel Technologies
Zachman Framework Flashcards | Quizlet