What is involved in Enterprise Business Architecture
Find out what the related areas are that Enterprise Business Architecture connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Enterprise Business Architecture thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Enterprise Business Architecture journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Enterprise Business Architecture leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Enterprise Business Architecture related domains to cover and 127 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Enterprise Business Architecture, Business architecture, Architectural domain, Best practice, Business Motivation Model, Business Process Framework, Business Process Management, Business Process Modeling Notation, Business architect, Business model, Business strategy, Capability management in business, Commercial off-the-shelf, Enterprise architecture, Enterprise architecture framework, Gerrit Versteeg, International Standard Book Number, Model Driven Architecture, OMG Business Architecture Special Interest Group, OMG Business Architecture Working Group, Object Management Group, Open standard, Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Rules, Supply-Chain Operations Reference, TM Forum, The Open Group, The Open Group Architecture Framework, Value Stream, View model, Zachman Framework:
Enterprise Business Architecture Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Enterprise Business Architecture goals and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Enterprise Business Architecture decisions.
– In the case of a Enterprise Business Architecture project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Enterprise Business Architecture project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Enterprise Business Architecture project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Will Enterprise Business Architecture deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Is a Enterprise Business Architecture Team Work effort in place?
Business architecture Critical Criteria:
Review Business architecture issues and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Business architecture decisions.
– How do we measure improved Enterprise Business Architecture service perception, and satisfaction?
– What will drive Enterprise Business Architecture change?
Architectural domain Critical Criteria:
Learn from Architectural domain tasks and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Architectural domain projects.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Enterprise Business Architecture? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Enterprise Business Architecture requirements in detail?
– Think of your Enterprise Business Architecture project. what are the main functions?
Best practice Critical Criteria:
Define Best practice risks and find answers.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Enterprise Business Architecture project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Enterprise Business Architecture project lifecycle?
– Is the use of CCM destined to become an important and requisite audit methodology best practice?
– Are we proactively using the most effective means, the best practices and maximizing our opportunities?
– Does your organization have a company-wide policy regarding best practices for cyber?
– What are some best practices for gathering business intelligence about a competitor?
– Are CSI and organizational change underpinned by Kotters change management best practices?
– Who would you consider best practice in any or all of the instore sales drivers?
– What are the best practices for implementing an internal site search?
– Are there any best practices or standards for the use of Big Data solutions?
– What are some best practices for managing business intelligence?
– What are best practices for building something like a News Feed?
– What are the best practices for Risk Management in Social Media?
– Do we adhere to best practices interface design?
– What best practices are relevant to your ITSM initiative?
– Which rules constitute best practices?
Business Motivation Model Critical Criteria:
Audit Business Motivation Model strategies and raise human resource and employment practices for Business Motivation Model.
– Why is Enterprise Business Architecture important for you now?
– How would one define Enterprise Business Architecture leadership?
Business Process Framework Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Business Process Framework management and balance specific methods for improving Business Process Framework results.
– Think about the people you identified for your Enterprise Business Architecture project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Among the Enterprise Business Architecture product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do we know that any Enterprise Business Architecture analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Business Process Management Critical Criteria:
Systematize Business Process Management goals and prioritize challenges of Business Process Management.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Enterprise Business Architecture project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Enterprise Business Architecture?
– How can we improve Enterprise Business Architecture?
Business Process Modeling Notation Critical Criteria:
Define Business Process Modeling Notation failures and research ways can we become the Business Process Modeling Notation company that would put us out of business.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Enterprise Business Architecture strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Is Enterprise Business Architecture Required?
Business architect Critical Criteria:
Graph Business architect goals and get out your magnifying glass.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Enterprise Business Architecture product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Is Enterprise Business Architecture dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What is the difference between a Business Architect and a Business Analyst?
– What are specific Enterprise Business Architecture Rules to follow?
Business model Critical Criteria:
Jump start Business model issues and secure Business model creativity.
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– How can we take rapid and informed action given the dramatic changes the IoT will make to our traditional business models?
– What applications will first become mainstream and under which business model will they operate?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Enterprise Business Architecture project?
– How well does the product fit our current and planned business model(s)?
– What potential megatrends could make our business model obsolete?
Business strategy Critical Criteria:
Grasp Business strategy governance and research ways can we become the Business strategy company that would put us out of business.
– As a CSP undertakes to build out or take a fresh look at its service offerings, the CSP should clearly define its business strategy and related risk management philosophy. What market segments or industries does the CSP intend to serve?
– How do we provide the context for investment considerations (which services does an investment affect, and how does that fit with the business strategy and priorities?
– Which services does the ITSM investment affect, and how does that fit with the business strategy and priorities?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Enterprise Business Architecture project?
– Do we monitor the Enterprise Business Architecture decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What is the link between a firms business strategy and its capital budgeting process?
– What is your it asset management program. is it manual or automated (which vendor)?
– How do we manage Enterprise Business Architecture Knowledge Management (KM)?
– How to get alignment between business strategy and IT infrastructure?
– What should be done in-house and what should be outsourced?
– Are outcomes in line with business strategy?
– What is the overall business strategy?
Capability management in business Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Capability management in business tasks and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Capability management in business projects.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Enterprise Business Architecture?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Enterprise Business Architecture project?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Enterprise Business Architecture been identified and analyzed?
Commercial off-the-shelf Critical Criteria:
Consider Commercial off-the-shelf projects and look in other fields.
– Which customers cant participate in our Enterprise Business Architecture domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– For your Enterprise Business Architecture project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Is sufficient schedule time allocated to allow for dependencies on commercial off-the-shelf cots product deliveries?
– In what ways are Enterprise Business Architecture vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Consider Enterprise architecture failures and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Enterprise architecture projects.
– What are the key elements of your Enterprise Business Architecture performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Is maximizing Enterprise Business Architecture protection the same as minimizing Enterprise Business Architecture loss?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Enterprise architecture framework Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Enterprise architecture framework decisions and report on the economics of relationships managing Enterprise architecture framework and constraints.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Enterprise Business Architecture experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Enterprise Business Architecture products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Gerrit Versteeg Critical Criteria:
Frame Gerrit Versteeg adoptions and oversee implementation of Gerrit Versteeg.
– What is Effective Enterprise Business Architecture?
International Standard Book Number Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over International Standard Book Number tactics and display thorough understanding of the International Standard Book Number process.
– What business benefits will Enterprise Business Architecture goals deliver if achieved?
– Are accountability and ownership for Enterprise Business Architecture clearly defined?
– Who needs to know about Enterprise Business Architecture ?
Model Driven Architecture Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Model Driven Architecture quality and find the ideas you already have.
– Can we add value to the current Enterprise Business Architecture decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How can you measure Enterprise Business Architecture in a systematic way?
OMG Business Architecture Special Interest Group Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about OMG Business Architecture Special Interest Group risks and adjust implementation of OMG Business Architecture Special Interest Group.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Enterprise Business Architecture services/products?
OMG Business Architecture Working Group Critical Criteria:
Revitalize OMG Business Architecture Working Group projects and arbitrate OMG Business Architecture Working Group techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Enterprise Business Architecture activities?
– Which Enterprise Business Architecture goals are the most important?
Object Management Group Critical Criteria:
Reason over Object Management Group leadership and tour deciding if Object Management Group progress is made.
– Is the scope of Enterprise Business Architecture defined?
Open standard Critical Criteria:
X-ray Open standard issues and achieve a single Open standard view and bringing data together.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Enterprise Business Architecture? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Is Enterprise Business Architecture Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What are our Enterprise Business Architecture Processes?
Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Rules Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Rules strategies and get out your magnifying glass.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Enterprise Business Architecture ?
Supply-Chain Operations Reference Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Supply-Chain Operations Reference governance and arbitrate Supply-Chain Operations Reference techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Consider your own Enterprise Business Architecture project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– what is the best design framework for Enterprise Business Architecture organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
TM Forum Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about TM Forum results and find answers.
– What threat is Enterprise Business Architecture addressing?
– How do we keep improving Enterprise Business Architecture?
The Open Group Critical Criteria:
Boost The Open Group visions and finalize the present value of growth of The Open Group.
– Are there Enterprise Business Architecture problems defined?
– Are we Assessing Enterprise Business Architecture and Risk?
– What is our Enterprise Business Architecture Strategy?
The Open Group Architecture Framework Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on The Open Group Architecture Framework planning and create a map for yourself.
– Does Enterprise Business Architecture systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Value Stream Critical Criteria:
Match Value Stream goals and report on the economics of relationships managing Value Stream and constraints.
– To what extent does management recognize Enterprise Business Architecture as a tool to increase the results?
– Does the Enterprise Business Architecture task fit the clients priorities?
View model Critical Criteria:
Understand View model tactics and assess and formulate effective operational and View model strategies.
– Do Enterprise Business Architecture rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Zachman Framework Critical Criteria:
Pilot Zachman Framework decisions and differentiate in coordinating Zachman Framework.
– In a project to restructure Enterprise Business Architecture outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What vendors make products that address the Enterprise Business Architecture needs?
– Does Enterprise Business Architecture appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– How do enterprise architects use the Zachman Framework?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Enterprise Business Architecture Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Enterprise Business Architecture External links:
Enterprise Business Architecture Meetups – Meetup
Enterprise Business Architecture (EBA) – IAG Consulting
Business architecture External links:
What is Business Architecture? – The Open Group Blog
Business Architecture Center of Excellence
Best practice External links:
ALTA – Best Practices
Best Practices — Attorneys Title I North Carolina
[PDF]ALTA BEST PRACTICE POLICIES Our Pledge – Title …
www.titlecorockies.com/PDF/Best Practices Pledge 2014m .pdf
Business Motivation Model External links:
About the Business Motivation Model Specification …
BRG: Business Motivation Model
About the Business Motivation Model Specification …
Business Process Framework External links:
Business Process Frameworks | SpringerLink
BUSINESS PROCESS FRAMEWORK – Bank of America …
Product Documentation for Business Process Framework
Business Process Management External links:
Workflow Software, Business Process Management …
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
Business Process Modeling Notation External links:
Title: Business Process Modeling Notation – An Overview
About the Business Process Modeling Notation …
CiteSeerX — Business Process Modeling Notation
Business architect External links:
What Do Business Architects Do? – Accelare
Business architect job description – CWJobs.co.uk
Business model External links:
Business Model Definition | Investopedia
Business Model Templates for PowerPoint – …
Create a new Business Model Canvas – Canvanizer
Business strategy External links:
Business Strategy Manager Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Business Strategy | Coursera
Business strategy (Book, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
Capability management in business External links:
Capability management in business – Revolvy
broom02.revolvy.com/topic/Capability management in business
Commercial off-the-shelf External links:
commercial off-the-shelf – Wiktionary
Commercial Off-the-Shelf Software 2012 (COTS 2012)
What is Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS)? – Definition …
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise architecture framework External links:
[PDF]The Oracle Enterprise Architecture Framework
Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework Version 2 – …
Enterprise Architecture Framework – EA Masterclass
Gerrit Versteeg External links:
Gerrit Versteeg, father of 1 – Ancestry
Gerrit Versteeg Profiles | Facebook
International Standard Book Number External links:
International Standard Book Number – Quora
What is an ISBN (International Standard Book Number)?
[PDF]International Standard Book Number: 0-942920-53-8
Model Driven Architecture External links:
Domain Driven Design vs Model Driven Architecture
Understanding the Model Driven Architecture (MDA)
An introduction to Model Driven Architecture – ibm.com
Object Management Group External links:
Hot Topics | Object Management Group
Financial Services Standards | Object Management Group
Open standard External links:
Open Standard/Open Source Flashcards | Quizlet
Semantics of Business Vocabulary and Rules External links:
Semantics Of Business Vocabulary And Rules (SBVR) – …
Supply-Chain Operations Reference External links:
[PDF]Supply-Chain Operations Reference-model
TM Forum External links:
Agenda | TM Forum Live
Home | TM Forum Live
Home | TM Forum IoE Infocus
The Open Group External links:
FACE HOME | The Open Group
2018 Passleader The Open Group OG0-093 Dumps | OG0 …
The Open Group Professional Certifications – Pearson VUE
The Open Group Architecture Framework External links:
The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF)
The Open Group Architecture Framework Tutorials | …
The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) – Core Concepts
Value Stream External links:
[PPT]Value Stream Analysis: Ideas and Options
www.deltaltms.com/docs/Value Stream Analysis (2).ppt
Value Stream Mapping – Advanced Management Services
Title V Value Stream Mapping | Iowa Department of …
View model External links:
Clayton Homes: The Grand View Model Home …
A view model represents the data that you want to display on your view/page, whether it be used for static text or for input values (like textboxes and dropdown lists) that can be added to the database (or edited). It is something different than your domain model. It is a model for the view.
My View model position for CS:GO – Steam Community
Zachman Framework External links:
[PDF]Case Study The Zachman Framework Populated with …
The Zachman Framework: An Introduction | TDAN.com
Zachman Framework Flashcards | Quizlet