What is involved in Supply Chain
Find out what the related areas are that Supply Chain connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Supply Chain thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Supply Chain Analytics journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Supply Chain Analytics leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Supply Chain related domains to cover and 137 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Supply Chain, 10 + 2, 2013 Savar building collapse, American Productivity and Quality Center, Booz Allen Hamilton, Child labor, Cocoa bean, Corporate social responsibility, Cost benchmarking, Cost reduction, Customer satisfaction, De facto standard, Dynamic programming, End user, Environmental sustainability, Extended enterprise, Facilities engineering, Food safety, Information technology management, Management system, Material cost, Natural resource, Organizational culture, Paper mill, Paper recycling, Raw material, Residual value, Strategic sourcing, Supply-Chain Operations Reference, Supply chain management, Technological change, Third-party logistics provider, Value chain, Vertical integration:
Supply Chain Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Supply Chain tactics and stake your claim.
– The pharmaceutical industry is also taking advantage of digital progress. It is using IoT for supply chain security in packaging and tracking of drugs. There are new companies using computer chips in pills for tracking adherence to drug regimens and associated biometrics. Using this as an example, how will we use and protect this sensitive data?
– How is the complex digital supply chain -where multiple downstream providers provide services for each other and data residence and transmission points are increasingly obscure -being dealt with from an audit perspective?
– There is a need to determine where value is added in the supply chain what are the expectations of each stakeholder in the supply chain?
– To change the nature of the relationship in the supply chain where should we go and what leverage opportunity could be applied?
– How do supply chain management systems coordinate planning, production, and logistics with suppliers?
– What makes cloud computing well suited for supply chain management applications?
– When a Supply Chain manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What are the roles of suppliers and supply chain partners in CRM?
– Do any suppliers in the supply chain have a dominating position?
– Do your supply chain relationships tend to be longeror shorter-term?
– What and where are the value changes in the supply chain?
– What is our current position within our supply chain?
– What is TESCM tax efficient supply chain management?
– What does the supply chain do with product data?
– In HW, SW & Services we source from a global supply chain?
– What threat is Supply Chain addressing?
10 + 2 Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over 10 + 2 leadership and probe 10 + 2 strategic alliances.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Supply Chain process?
– Does Supply Chain appropriately measure and monitor risk?
2013 Savar building collapse Critical Criteria:
Administer 2013 Savar building collapse failures and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in 2013 Savar building collapse.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Supply Chain process?
– Does the Supply Chain task fit the clients priorities?
American Productivity and Quality Center Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze American Productivity and Quality Center quality and observe effective American Productivity and Quality Center.
– Does Supply Chain systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Is Supply Chain dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Is Supply Chain Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Booz Allen Hamilton Critical Criteria:
Focus on Booz Allen Hamilton risks and report on setting up Booz Allen Hamilton without losing ground.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Supply Chain project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Supply Chain project lifecycle?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Supply Chain into the services that we provide?
– What are the business goals Supply Chain is aiming to achieve?
Child labor Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Child labor goals and revise understanding of Child labor architectures.
– What are all of our Supply Chain domains and what do they do?
– How do we keep improving Supply Chain?
Cocoa bean Critical Criteria:
Add value to Cocoa bean engagements and catalog Cocoa bean activities.
– In the case of a Supply Chain project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Supply Chain project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Supply Chain project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Supply Chain models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Supply Chain?
Corporate social responsibility Critical Criteria:
Confer over Corporate social responsibility adoptions and finalize the present value of growth of Corporate social responsibility.
– What is the different in meaning if any between the terms Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Supply Chain values?
– What if your company publishes an environmental or corporate social responsibility report?
– Have you identified your Supply Chain key performance indicators?
– What will drive Supply Chain change?
Cost benchmarking Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Cost benchmarking visions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Cost benchmarking services.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Supply Chain project?
– How can skill-level changes improve Supply Chain?
Cost reduction Critical Criteria:
Understand Cost reduction tasks and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Cost reduction projects.
– In addition, CSPs are often challenged to reduce their overheads and operational costs. Cost reduction initiatives can be difficult to manage and it is essential to target the right areas. Where can costs reasonably be reduced or margins improved without any service disruption or without affecting service levels?
– We are are often challenged to reduce our overheads and operational costs. Cost reduction initiatives can be difficult to manage and it is essential to target the right areas. Where can costs reasonably be reduced or margins improved without any service disruption or without affecting service levels?
– What is your spending on genuine new products versus product renewals (improvements and replacements), or product extensions, or product maintenance, or cost reductions and process improvements?
– Can low gross margin % products be improved by price increases or cost reductions?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Supply Chain study?
– Why should we adopt a Supply Chain framework?
– Are there Supply Chain Models?
Customer satisfaction Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Customer satisfaction planning and reduce Customer satisfaction costs.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– What is the difference, if any, in customer satisfaction between the use and results of agile-driven software development methods and the use and results of plan-driven software development software development methods?
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Performance Standard: What should be the standards for completeness, reliability, accuracy, timeliness, customer satisfaction, quality and/or cost?
– Has it re-engineered or redesigned processes, and leveraged technologies to improve responsiveness, Customer Service and customer satisfaction?
– How does the company manage the design and delivery of products and services that promise a high level of customer satisfaction?
– What are the disruptive Supply Chain technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Is the Customer Satisfaction Process something which you think can be automated via an IVR?
– How does the firm measure and monitor client service and customer satisfaction?
– Think of your Supply Chain project. what are the main functions?
– What employee characteristics drive customer satisfaction?
De facto standard Critical Criteria:
Give examples of De facto standard outcomes and point out De facto standard tensions in leadership.
– Do you see the need for actions in the area of standardisation (including both formal standards and the promotion of/agreement on de facto standards) related to your sector?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Supply Chain agendas for the next 3 years?
– What are internal and external Supply Chain relations?
Dynamic programming Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Dynamic programming strategies and gather practices for scaling Dynamic programming.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Supply Chain services/products?
– What is the source of the strategies for Supply Chain strengthening and reform?
– Can we do Supply Chain without complex (expensive) analysis?
End user Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on End user projects and frame using storytelling to create more compelling End user projects.
– Time to market improvements. Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Does the calibration lab or calibration contractor provide the end user notification of any out of tolerance conditions?
– How do the end users of cloud computing know that their information is not having any availability and security issues?
– From the end users eyes, is it possible for the change to have a major impact on services if problems occur?
– Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– How does the vendor handle software and hardware maintenance, end user support, and maintenance agreements?
– Will the change have only minimal or no impact on services provided to the end users if a problem occurs?
– Will the change have only minor impact on services provided to the end users if problems occur?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Supply Chain ?
– Is the change needed to restore immediate service to the end user?
– Will the change be visible only to a small group of end users?
– Will the change be visible to a large number of end users?
– How significant is the improvement in the eyes of the end user?
– Is the change visible to all end users?
– Can all end user classes be identified?
– What about Supply Chain Analysis of results?
Environmental sustainability Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Environmental sustainability strategies and report on developing an effective Environmental sustainability strategy.
– Is Supporting Supply Chain documentation required?
– What are the usability implications of Supply Chain actions?
– How would one define Supply Chain leadership?
Extended enterprise Critical Criteria:
Discourse Extended enterprise tactics and grade techniques for implementing Extended enterprise controls.
– How do we know that any Supply Chain analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Facilities engineering Critical Criteria:
Review Facilities engineering decisions and plan concise Facilities engineering education.
– How can you negotiate Supply Chain successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Supply Chain?
– How can we improve Supply Chain?
Food safety Critical Criteria:
Trace Food safety goals and give examples utilizing a core of simple Food safety skills.
– Do those selected for the Supply Chain team have a good general understanding of what Supply Chain is all about?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Supply Chain goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Information technology management Critical Criteria:
Examine Information technology management engagements and devise Information technology management key steps.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Supply Chain objectives?
– Why is Supply Chain important for you now?
Management system Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Management system results and differentiate in coordinating Management system.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Supply Chain strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Facebook: does using facebook for discussions in an online course enhance perceived social presence and student interaction?
– What might we do to further exploit the information gathered by service management systems to reduce customer defections?
– If we accept wire transfers what is the desired business process around supporting wire transfers?
– The Assets used to create content – jpegs, text, buttons, etc is it centralized or decentralized?
– Do we have personnel that will be designated as the owners and managers of the lms?
– If we accept checks what is the desired business process around supporting checks?
– Are course notes provided by the instructor part of the student materials?
– To what extent are teachers and students satisfied with their experiences?
– How much does it cost to set up an online learning management system?
– What database management systems have been implemented?
– How can an lms enhance the learning environment?
– Content Does we purchase content from 3rd party vendors?
– Is there an open source alternative to adobe captivate?
– How do we define online learning?
Material cost Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Material cost visions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Material cost is getting what it needs.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Supply Chain objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Supply Chain with what users do day-to-day?
Natural resource Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Natural resource engagements and research ways can we become the Natural resource company that would put us out of business.
Organizational culture Critical Criteria:
Adapt Organizational culture projects and probe Organizational culture strategic alliances.
– What do we need to know, and how do we get the information required to answer this question, especially with regard to our organizational culture, technological roadmap, and where both organizations are moving in the long term?
– How is the way you as the leader think and process information affecting your organizational culture?
– Will the organizational culture support new values of the agile team?
– How can the value of Supply Chain be defined?
Paper mill Critical Criteria:
Learn from Paper mill projects and look for lots of ideas.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Supply Chain project?
Paper recycling Critical Criteria:
Survey Paper recycling issues and overcome Paper recycling skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Supply Chain project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Supply Chain opportunities costing us money?
Raw material Critical Criteria:
Guide Raw material adoptions and look at it backwards.
– Is maximizing Supply Chain protection the same as minimizing Supply Chain loss?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Supply Chain activities?
Residual value Critical Criteria:
Discuss Residual value adoptions and tour deciding if Residual value progress is made.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Supply Chain products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Do we all define Supply Chain in the same way?
Strategic sourcing Critical Criteria:
Define Strategic sourcing decisions and adopt an insight outlook.
Supply-Chain Operations Reference Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Supply-Chain Operations Reference planning and probe the present value of growth of Supply-Chain Operations Reference.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Supply Chain processes?
Supply chain management Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Supply chain management leadership and explore and align the progress in Supply chain management.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Supply Chain moving forward?
Technological change Critical Criteria:
Adapt Technological change engagements and do something to it.
– In a project to restructure Supply Chain outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Third-party logistics provider Critical Criteria:
Map Third-party logistics provider outcomes and catalog Third-party logistics provider activities.
– Are accountability and ownership for Supply Chain clearly defined?
Value chain Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Value chain adoptions and devise Value chain key steps.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Supply Chain? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Supply Chain processes of our organization?
Vertical integration Critical Criteria:
X-ray Vertical integration results and get answers.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Supply Chain?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Supply Chain Analytics Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Supply Chain External links:
Global Supply Chain Risk Management Solutions | Avetta
Welcome to UPS Supply Chain Solutions
2013 Savar building collapse External links:
2013 Savar Building Collapse by Sophia Qureshi on Prezi
2013 Savar building collapse – Nekropole
2013 Savar Building Collapse by Anna cruz on Prezi
American Productivity and Quality Center External links:
COAT participated in a study conducted by the American Productivity and Quality Center (APQC) Education. The purpose of the study was …
http://[PDF]Y’/-.3 Measuring Quality Progress Larry D. Lambert, …
American Productivity and Quality Center Overview – …
Booz Allen Hamilton External links:
Booz Allen Hamilton Marketing Solutions Catalog – …
Transitioning Military – Booz Allen Hamilton
Booz Allen Hamilton – Official Site
Child labor External links:
Child Labor Work Hour Restrictions | Department of Labor
Wage Standards Division | Child Labor
The 10 worst countries for child labor – CNN
Cocoa bean External links:
Danger to dogs from cocoa bean mulch put in perspective
Black Mountain Chocolate – Handcrafted from cocoa bean …
Cocoa Bean Geneva
Corporate social responsibility External links:
Corporate Social Responsibility | The Aerospace …
Corporate Social Responsibility | Microsoft
Corporate Social Responsibility – SourceWatch
Cost benchmarking External links:
Cost Benchmarking. Cost Benchmarking is the measurement, refinement and analysis of ones Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) when compared to market peers. Cost Benchmarking identifies competitiveness of pricing in industry terms, highlighting best in class pricing and subsequently showing areas for competitive pricing improvement.
Cost reduction External links:
[PDF]Best Practices – Cost Reduction – FAU – FAU | Home Page
Consolidated Concepts – Cost Reduction Specialists for …
Cost Reduction Ideas From Corporate Finance Leaders
Customer satisfaction External links:
Wawa Customer Satisfaction Survey – Welcome
G.W. Shaw and Son – We Specialize in Customer Satisfaction
Weis Customer Satisfaction Survey
De facto standard External links:
DE FACTO STANDARD definition – The Legal Dictionary
List of de facto standard keyboard shortcuts for Windows …
What is de facto standard? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Dynamic programming External links:
algorithm – What is dynamic programming? – Stack Overflow
c – Coin Change :Dynamic Programming – Stack Overflow
Dynamic Programming Practice Problems
End user External links:
[PDF]AP-197 Dyed Diesel Fuel End User Signed Statement …
UI updates for Intune end user apps | Microsoft Docs
Environmental sustainability External links:
Environmental Sustainability – Wells Fargo
Corporate Environmental Sustainability | Microsoft …
Environmental Sustainability – Sustainability | P&G
Extended enterprise External links:
Extended Enterprise – The Woodbridge Group
Extended Enterprise License | Cradlepoint
Extended Enterprise Management 2008.1 – Sign In
Facilities engineering External links:
[PDF]Facilities Engineering Housing Management
Facilities Engineering – Cornell University
Penn State Facilities Engineering Institute
Food safety External links:
TraceGains: Food Safety & Quality Assurance …
Lexington-Fayette Food Safety Training | …
Food Safety | Food and Nutrition Service
Management system External links:
[PDF]FIVE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM Policies and …
IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) …
WorkAbility Management System
Material cost External links:
Vinyl Calculator – Material Cost Calculator
FEMA Public Assistance Material Cost Codes – 2011
Labor Cost Vs. Material Cost | Chron.com
Natural resource External links:
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources: Minnesota …
Michigan Department of Natural Resources – Official Site
Organizational culture External links:
[PDF]CHAPTER 15 ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE & …
[PDF]Creating a Healthy Organizational Culture
What Is Organizational Culture? | CultureIQ
Paper mill External links:
The Outsider – Paper Mill Playhouse
Eliza Lee Boutique – The Paper Mill – Home
Recommended show list: Paper Mill Playhouse
Paper recycling External links:
Paper Recycling – Vecoplan LLC
Progress In Paper Recycling – Appleton, WI 54913-7111
Racine, WI Paper Recycling Centers – Yellowpages.com
Raw material External links:
Raw Material | Definition of Raw Material by Merriam-Webster
Residual value External links:
Residual Value – BMW North America
Strategic sourcing External links:
[PDF]What is Strategic Sourcing? – University of Michigan
VCCS Strategic Sourcing Jobs Title
Strategic Sourcing Specialist | EvansOnline.com
Supply-Chain Operations Reference External links:
[PDF]Supply-Chain Operations Reference-model
[PDF]Supply-Chain Operations Reference Discussion
Supply chain management External links:
Biagi Bros – SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
Supply Chain Management — FedEx Freight Customer …
Technological change External links:
Most Popular “Technological Change” Titles – IMDb
Technological change (eVideo, 2005) [WorldCat.org]
Technological change (eBook, 2005) [WorldCat.org]
Value chain External links:
Data Value Chain | Onvia
Comparing Value Chain and Supply Chain | QStock …
U.S. Global Value Chain Coalition
Vertical integration External links:
[PDF]Vertical Integration for Long-Term Sustainability in …