What is involved in Mobile computing
Find out what the related areas are that Mobile computing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Mobile computing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Mobile computing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Mobile computing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Mobile computing related domains to cover and 149 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Mobile computing, Portable media player, Interactive kiosk, Information appliance, Pocket computer, Single-board computer, Ultra mobile PC, Handheld PC, Table computer, Information security, Personal information manager, Communications of the ACM, Application software, Mobile phone, Mobile software, Quality of service, Toxicology Letters, Desktop replacement computer, HP Omnibook, Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution, The Wall Street Journal, Graphing calculator, Plug computer, Information privacy, Wearable computer, Scientific calculator, Video game arcade cabinet, Handheld game console, Cell site, Programmable calculator, Ultra-Mobile PC, Electronic organizer, Smart speaker, 2-in-1 tablet, Satellite Internet access, Computer security, Mobile Internet device, Compaq Portable, Mobile data terminal, Nokia 770, Mobile device management, Tomasz Imieliński, Software agent, LTE Advanced, Opinion polls, Personal computer, Operating temperature, Palm-size PC, Mobile interaction, File transfer, Arcade system board, Smart cards, Mobile virtual private network, Rugged computer:
Mobile computing Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Mobile computing results and achieve a single Mobile computing view and bringing data together.
– How to ensure high data availability in mobile computing environment where frequent disconnections may occur because the clients and server may be weakly connected?
– What impact has emerging technology (e.g., cloud computing, virtualization and mobile computing) had on your companys ITRM program over the past 12 months?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Mobile computing products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Is information security ensured when using mobile computing and tele-working facilities?
– Does Mobile computing analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Mobile computing activities?
Portable media player Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Portable media player issues and pay attention to the small things.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Mobile computing information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Mobile computing is underway?
– What will drive Mobile computing change?
Interactive kiosk Critical Criteria:
Gauge Interactive kiosk visions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Mobile computing processes?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Mobile computing that make it risky?
– How can you measure Mobile computing in a systematic way?
Information appliance Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Information appliance quality and display thorough understanding of the Information appliance process.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Mobile computing project manager?
– What business benefits will Mobile computing goals deliver if achieved?
– What are current Mobile computing Paradigms?
Pocket computer Critical Criteria:
Drive Pocket computer strategies and probe Pocket computer strategic alliances.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Mobile computing. How do we gain traction?
– Is the scope of Mobile computing defined?
– How to Secure Mobile computing?
Single-board computer Critical Criteria:
Read up on Single-board computer leadership and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Single-board computer information.
– Which customers cant participate in our Mobile computing domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
Ultra mobile PC Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Ultra mobile PC governance and track iterative Ultra mobile PC results.
– Does Mobile computing create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– When a Mobile computing manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Mobile computing Management?
Handheld PC Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Handheld PC failures and be persistent.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Mobile computing process?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Mobile computing study?
– What are the business goals Mobile computing is aiming to achieve?
Table computer Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Table computer leadership and find out what it really means.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Mobile computing workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What is the purpose of Mobile computing in relation to the mission?
– What are internal and external Mobile computing relations?
Information security Critical Criteria:
Merge Information security leadership and look at the big picture.
– Does the information security function actively engage with other critical functions, such as it, Human Resources, legal, and the privacy officer, to develop and enforce compliance with information security and privacy policies and practices?
– Has the organization established an Identity and Access Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines and which identifies users and network devices?
– Are Human Resources subject to screening, and do they have terms and conditions of employment defining their information security responsibilities?
– Does this review include assessing opportunities for improvement, need for changes to the ISMS, review of information security policy & objectives?
– Is the risk assessment approach defined and suited to the ISMS, identified business information security, legal and regulatory requirements?
– Are information security roles and responsibilities coordinated and aligned with internal roles and external partners?
– Have the roles and responsibilities for information security been clearly defined within the company?
– Does your organization have a chief information security officer (ciso or equivalent title)?
– Does mgmt establish roles and responsibilities for information security?
– : Return of Information Security Investment, Are you spending enough?
– Are damage assessment and disaster recovery plans in place?
– Does your company have an information security officer?
– Is information security managed within the organization?
Personal information manager Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Personal information manager projects and drive action.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Mobile computing into the services that we provide?
– Are there recognized Mobile computing problems?
Communications of the ACM Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Communications of the ACM tactics and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Communications of the ACM results.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Mobile computing? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Does the Mobile computing task fit the clients priorities?
Application software Critical Criteria:
Detail Application software failures and adopt an insight outlook.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Mobile computing agendas for the next 3 years?
– How do you manage the new access devices using their own new application software?
– Is the process effectively supported by the legacy application software?
– Are we Assessing Mobile computing and Risk?
– Is Mobile computing Required?
Mobile phone Critical Criteria:
Chat re Mobile phone governance and finalize specific methods for Mobile phone acceptance.
Mobile software Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Mobile software leadership and define what our big hairy audacious Mobile software goal is.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Mobile computing strengthening and reform actually originate?
– In a project to restructure Mobile computing outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Quality of service Critical Criteria:
Analyze Quality of service results and look at it backwards.
– What level of service or quality of service should the customer expect?
– What are specific Mobile computing Rules to follow?
– Is the Quality of Service met?
– Quality of Service Met?
– Is the Quality of Service met?
– Is our Quality of Service Met?
Toxicology Letters Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Toxicology Letters engagements and develop and take control of the Toxicology Letters initiative.
– Consider your own Mobile computing project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
Desktop replacement computer Critical Criteria:
See the value of Desktop replacement computer planning and create a map for yourself.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Mobile computing goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Is a Mobile computing Team Work effort in place?
HP Omnibook Critical Criteria:
Dissect HP Omnibook quality and slay a dragon.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Mobile computing strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Are accountability and ownership for Mobile computing clearly defined?
– Are assumptions made in Mobile computing stated explicitly?
Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution Critical Criteria:
Check Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution strategies and find the ideas you already have.
– What are the key elements of your Mobile computing performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
The Wall Street Journal Critical Criteria:
Pilot The Wall Street Journal quality and report on the economics of relationships managing The Wall Street Journal and constraints.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Mobile computing values?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Mobile computing?
Graphing calculator Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Graphing calculator goals and point out improvements in Graphing calculator.
– Will Mobile computing have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What is the source of the strategies for Mobile computing strengthening and reform?
Plug computer Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Plug computer visions and interpret which customers can’t participate in Plug computer because they lack skills.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Mobile computing delivery for example is new software needed?
– Do we monitor the Mobile computing decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Mobile computing been identified and analyzed?
Information privacy Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Information privacy projects and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Information privacy.
– In the case of a Mobile computing project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Mobile computing project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Mobile computing project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
Wearable computer Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Wearable computer issues and oversee implementation of Wearable computer.
– What are the usability implications of Mobile computing actions?
Scientific calculator Critical Criteria:
Apply Scientific calculator outcomes and look in other fields.
– Do those selected for the Mobile computing team have a good general understanding of what Mobile computing is all about?
– What about Mobile computing Analysis of results?
Video game arcade cabinet Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Video game arcade cabinet projects and correct better engagement with Video game arcade cabinet results.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Mobile computing experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Mobile computing forward?
– Does Mobile computing appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Handheld game console Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Handheld game console planning and define Handheld game console competency-based leadership.
– To what extent does management recognize Mobile computing as a tool to increase the results?
– Do Mobile computing rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– How is the value delivered by Mobile computing being measured?
Cell site Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Cell site engagements and look at the big picture.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Mobile computing project?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Mobile computing requirements in detail?
Programmable calculator Critical Criteria:
X-ray Programmable calculator goals and mentor Programmable calculator customer orientation.
– Is there any existing Mobile computing governance structure?
Ultra-Mobile PC Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Ultra-Mobile PC strategies and balance specific methods for improving Ultra-Mobile PC results.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Mobile computing strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How do we Improve Mobile computing service perception, and satisfaction?
– Why is Mobile computing important for you now?
Electronic organizer Critical Criteria:
Dissect Electronic organizer adoptions and describe which business rules are needed as Electronic organizer interface.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Mobile computing objectives?
– How can the value of Mobile computing be defined?
Smart speaker Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Smart speaker strategies and cater for concise Smart speaker education.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Mobile computing product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do we maintain Mobile computings Integrity?
2-in-1 tablet Critical Criteria:
Map 2-in-1 tablet issues and find out.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Mobile computing processes?
Satellite Internet access Critical Criteria:
Coach on Satellite Internet access issues and look at the big picture.
Computer security Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Computer security engagements and overcome Computer security skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– Will the selection of a particular product limit the future choices of other computer security or operational modifications and improvements?
– How do we measure improved Mobile computing service perception, and satisfaction?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Mobile computing moving forward?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Mobile computing effort?
Mobile Internet device Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Mobile Internet device issues and pioneer acquisition of Mobile Internet device systems.
– Does Mobile computing systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Compaq Portable Critical Criteria:
Detail Compaq Portable management and improve Compaq Portable service perception.
– What are our needs in relation to Mobile computing skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Who will provide the final approval of Mobile computing deliverables?
– How much does Mobile computing help?
Mobile data terminal Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Mobile data terminal decisions and find out.
– Have you identified your Mobile computing key performance indicators?
– Do we have past Mobile computing Successes?
Nokia 770 Critical Criteria:
Devise Nokia 770 management and define what do we need to start doing with Nokia 770.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Mobile computing in a volatile global economy?
Mobile device management Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Mobile device management quality and spearhead techniques for implementing Mobile device management.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Mobile computing does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How likely is the current Mobile computing plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Tomasz Imieliński Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Tomasz Imieliński management and oversee implementation of Tomasz Imieliński.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Mobile computing models, tools and techniques are necessary?
Software agent Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Software agent decisions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Software agent is getting what it needs.
– How do we Identify specific Mobile computing investment and emerging trends?
LTE Advanced Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about LTE Advanced failures and document what potential LTE Advanced megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Think about the functions involved in your Mobile computing project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Think of your Mobile computing project. what are the main functions?
– How do we manage Mobile computing Knowledge Management (KM)?
Opinion polls Critical Criteria:
Value Opinion polls results and summarize a clear Opinion polls focus.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Mobile computing is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How do we keep improving Mobile computing?
Personal computer Critical Criteria:
Depict Personal computer outcomes and sort Personal computer activities.
– What is our formula for success in Mobile computing ?
Operating temperature Critical Criteria:
Track Operating temperature risks and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Operating temperature.
– How will you measure your Mobile computing effectiveness?
Palm-size PC Critical Criteria:
Learn from Palm-size PC engagements and oversee implementation of Palm-size PC.
– What vendors make products that address the Mobile computing needs?
Mobile interaction Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Mobile interaction goals and describe which business rules are needed as Mobile interaction interface.
– Forget right-click and control+z. mobile interactions are fundamentally different from those on a desktop. does your mobile solution allow you to interact with desktop-authored dashboards using touchscreen gestures like taps, flicks, and pinches?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Mobile computing ?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Mobile computing processes?
– Can we do Mobile computing without complex (expensive) analysis?
File transfer Critical Criteria:
Guide File transfer quality and look for lots of ideas.
– Is maximizing Mobile computing protection the same as minimizing Mobile computing loss?
– How would one define Mobile computing leadership?
Arcade system board Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Arcade system board risks and mentor Arcade system board customer orientation.
Smart cards Critical Criteria:
Adapt Smart cards decisions and forecast involvement of future Smart cards projects in development.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Mobile computing?
– What is Effective Mobile computing?
Mobile virtual private network Critical Criteria:
Discourse Mobile virtual private network risks and differentiate in coordinating Mobile virtual private network.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Mobile computing project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
Rugged computer Critical Criteria:
Participate in Rugged computer adoptions and attract Rugged computer skills.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Mobile computing opportunities costing us money?
– How to deal with Mobile computing Changes?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Mobile computing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Mobile computing External links:
What is Mobile Computing | IGI Global
Mobile computing (Book, 2007) [WorldCat.org]
Portable media player External links:
Shop Apple iPod Touch 6G MKJ02LL/A 32GB Flash Portable Media Player, Space Gray at Staples. Choose from our wide selection of …
Portable Media Player (SD Media card or USB Flash Drive)
www.christmaslightshow.com › … › Projectors/DVD/Media Players
Portable Media Player | eBay
Interactive kiosk External links:
All TechSys Asia | Interactive Kiosk Solution Provider
Interactive Kiosk – Meet the i Kiosk – Advanced Kiosks
Pocket computer External links:
Pocket Computer | eBay
Build a Retro Computer: BASIC 80’s Pocket Computer – …
Ultra mobile PC External links:
Samsung Q1 Ultra Mobile PC – Woot
SONY VAIO UX Series VGN-UX280P Ultra Mobile PC Intel …
Ultra Mobile PC | eBay
Handheld PC External links:
Handheld PC | eBay
NEC Mobilepro 900 Handheld PC – UsedHandhelds.com, Inc.
Information security External links:
[PDF]TITLE: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT …
ALTA – Information Security
Personal information manager External links:
Dec 30, 2017 · This is an Android version of highly popular on Windows platform personal information manager – EssentialPIM. It allows you …
Communications of the ACM External links:
[PDF]Communications of the ACM March 1997 v40 n3 p59(4) …
[PDF]COMMUNICATIONS OF THE ACM – University of Arizona
Communications of the ACM – February 2018
Application software External links:
Title application software Free Download for Windows
Mobile phone External links:
Mobile Banking | Mobile Phone Banking | U.S. Bank
File a Phone Insurance Claim for Your T-Mobile Phone
See shopping results for mobile phone
Mobile software External links:
Highster Mobile Software
Quality of service External links:
Quality of Service (QoS) | Vonage Business
Guaranteed High Quality of Service for Business …
Toxicology Letters External links:
Toxicology Letters – Journal – Elsevier
Toxicology letters. (Journal, magazine) [WorldCat.org]
Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution External links:
Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution – YouTube
The Wall Street Journal External links:
The Wall Street Journal – Home | Facebook
Customer Center – The Wall Street Journal & Barron’s
Graphing calculator External links:
Graphing Calculator at Office Depot OfficeMax
Free Graphing Calculator on the App Store – iTunes
Plug computer External links:
Comprehensive DB9 pin Plug to Plug Computer Adapter …
How to Plug Computer Speakers Into a Dell? | Chron.com
Information privacy External links:
Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) – IAPP
Wearable computer External links:
The Wearable Computer For Little Girls – Fast Company
Raspberry Pi Wearable Computer. – Instructables
Apple Watch: Apple Unveils Watch Wearable Computer | Time
Scientific calculator External links:
Scientific Calculator Pi
Web 2.0 scientific calculator
Handheld game console External links:
Classic Handheld Game Console | Groupon
Cheap handheld game console, Buy Quality handheld game directly from China game console Suppliers: Mini TV Handheld Game Console …
Best Selling Handheld Game Console – Best Buy
Programmable calculator External links:
Financial Programmable Calculator – CalculatorWeb
An inexpensive programmable calculator system for …
Free shipping. Buy direct from HP. See customer reviews and comparisons for the HP 12C Financial Programmable Calculator. Upgrades and savings on select products.
Ultra-Mobile PC External links:
SONY VAIO UX Series VGN-UX380N Ultra-Mobile PC Intel …
Electronic organizer External links:
Buy Organizing Electronic Organizer from Bed Bath & Beyond
Electronic Organizer | eBay
Smart speaker External links:
Google Home – Smart Speaker & Home Assistant – Google Store
Google Home Mini – Smart Speaker for Any Room – Google Store
2-in-1 tablet External links:
Includes Yoga Book 2-in-1 tablet with AC adapter, USB cable, Real Pen stylus, three ink cartridge refills, Book Pad, and quick-start guide; software voucher
HP Envy x2 2-in-1 tablet PC swaps Qualcomm for Intel inside
Computer security External links:
Naked Security – Computer Security News, Advice and …
Computer Security | Consumer Information
Avast Store | All Computer Security Products & Services
Mobile Internet device External links:
Mobile Internet Device, Beijing | Cory M. Grenier | Flickr
Mobile data terminal External links:
9 LEDCO – MOBILE DATA TERMINAL STANDS – …
Mobile Data Terminal Center Consoles – GovDeals.com
Nokia 770 External links:
Nokia 770 Internet Tablet – Woot
Mobile device management External links:
Cisco Meraki | Mobile device management
Software agent External links:
Insurance Agency Software | Software Agent | Agency Matrix
Personal computer External links:
HP Personal Computer Startup & No-Boot | HP® Official Site
Association of Personal Computer User Groups
Operating temperature External links:
Maintaining Normal Operating Temperature for Your …
Allison Transmission Operating Temperature | DMAX Store
What is the normal operating temperature for an …
Palm-size PC External links:
[PDF]HP Jornada 420 Palm-size PC User™s Guide
HP Jornada 430/430se Palm-size PC – Troubleshooting …
Mobile interaction External links:
IWall – Mobile Interaction – Home | Facebook
Transformations: Mobile Interaction & Language Learning – …
Mobile Interaction Design by Matt Jones – Goodreads
File transfer External links:
DMV Secure File Transfer Login
Home Page – CBRE File Transfer Services
File Transfer Service
Arcade system board External links:
Arcade system board | Etsy
Arcade system board – Revolvy
www.revolvy.com/topic/Arcade system board&item_type=topic
arcade system board Pictures, Images & Photos | Photobucket
photobucket.com/images/arcade system board
Smart cards External links:
iCLASS Smart Cards – Proximity Card Credentials
Smart Cards | Coupons and Virtual Smart Card
Rugged computer External links:
Rugged Computer Systems – Germane Systems