What is involved in Yield Management
Find out what the related areas are that Yield Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Yield Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Yield Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Yield Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Yield Management related domains to cover and 160 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Yield Management, Neural network, Market segmentation, Relationship marketing, Electronic commerce, Inventory control, Production management, Customer base, Net profit, The Coca-Cola Company, Multifamily Executive Magazine, Last minute advertising, Weighted mean, Backstage pass, Customer service, Length of stay, High-yield debt, Pricing power, People Express Airlines, Dynamic packaging, Communications service provider, Die Zeit, Low cost carrier, United Parcel Service, Hospitality industry, Airline ticket, Vending machine, Real-time charging, Financial engineering, Supply and demand, Frequent flier, Capacity management, Mass production, Variable pricing, Revenue management, Marginal revenue, Deutsche Bahn, Control system, Price discrimination, National Car Rental, Yield Management, Littlewood’s rule, Financial markets, National Railway, Airline seat, Opera house, Customer satisfaction, Fixed price, American Airlines, Global Distribution System, Luxury vehicles, Experimental economics:
Yield Management Critical Criteria:
Scan Yield Management management and point out Yield Management tensions in leadership.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Yield Management?
– Does Yield Management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How do we Identify specific Yield Management investment and emerging trends?
Neural network Critical Criteria:
Judge Neural network quality and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Neural network information.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Yield Management agendas for the next 3 years?
– How likely is the current Yield Management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What are specific Yield Management Rules to follow?
Market segmentation Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Market segmentation quality and catalog Market segmentation activities.
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Yield Management project?
– Do the Yield Management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Which Yield Management goals are the most important?
Relationship marketing Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Relationship marketing engagements and test out new things.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Yield Management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Yield Management workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Yield Management effort?
– Does relationship marketing age well?
Electronic commerce Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Electronic commerce risks and check on ways to get started with Electronic commerce.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Yield Management delivery for example is new software needed?
– Is the security of electronic commerce services and their secure use ensured?
Inventory control Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Inventory control issues and reduce Inventory control costs.
– Are assumptions made in Yield Management stated explicitly?
– How would one define Yield Management leadership?
Production management Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Production management outcomes and probe Production management strategic alliances.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Yield Management objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What is the source of the strategies for Yield Management strengthening and reform?
– What are the short and long-term Yield Management goals?
Customer base Critical Criteria:
Coach on Customer base decisions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Customer base.
– How representative is twitter sentiment analysis relative to our customer base?
– How well does the product fit our current customer base?
– What are internal and external Yield Management relations?
– What are the demographics of the customer base?
– What are our Yield Management Processes?
Net profit Critical Criteria:
Deduce Net profit planning and transcribe Net profit as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Will Yield Management have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Among the Yield Management product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Are there Yield Management problems defined?
The Coca-Cola Company Critical Criteria:
Model after The Coca-Cola Company adoptions and prioritize challenges of The Coca-Cola Company.
– Does Yield Management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How do we go about Securing Yield Management?
Multifamily Executive Magazine Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Multifamily Executive Magazine engagements and get the big picture.
– Which customers cant participate in our Yield Management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Yield Management opportunities costing us money?
– What are the barriers to increased Yield Management production?
Last minute advertising Critical Criteria:
Categorize Last minute advertising quality and find answers.
– How can you negotiate Yield Management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Can we do Yield Management without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How is the value delivered by Yield Management being measured?
Weighted mean Critical Criteria:
Devise Weighted mean visions and differentiate in coordinating Weighted mean.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Yield Management is underway?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Yield Management that make it risky?
– Have you identified your Yield Management key performance indicators?
Backstage pass Critical Criteria:
Start Backstage pass outcomes and achieve a single Backstage pass view and bringing data together.
– What about Yield Management Analysis of results?
Customer service Critical Criteria:
Systematize Customer service tasks and pioneer acquisition of Customer service systems.
– What is the maximum amount of time you are willing to wait for help from Customer Service in-person (ex., at a bank, retail store, service provider or restaurant)?
– Some customers call Customer Service. some customers browse our web site. some customers never buy from us again. are we listening to what theyre saying?
– When you contact a Customer Service center by phone, what is the maximum amount of time you are willing to wait on hold?
– Remember when you were young and felt that adults didnt understand or care about your wants or needs?
– Staff: what kind of qualities would staff members who deliver stellar Customer Service possess?
– What is the best virtual hosted PBX platform to use for our phone Customer Service team?
– Give an example of a time you made a point to go above and beyond with Customer Service?
– So what does all this mean for the role of Customer Service within the organization?
– Do customers receive the same service from each place/site within your organization?
– Can you deliver good Customer Service if employees do not report to duty?
– How do we know if we are measuring or meeting our customer s needs?
– What percentage of calls is correctly routed to your department?
– Customer Service: How can social CRM improve service quality?
– Do you need to work on developing any skills and knowledge?
– Is it a pleasure to do business with you?
– What level of service should be offered?
– What can you do to help your company?
– What are our values?
– What is feedback?
Length of stay Critical Criteria:
Reason over Length of stay visions and summarize a clear Length of stay focus.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Yield Management leader?
– In a project to restructure Yield Management outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Is Yield Management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
High-yield debt Critical Criteria:
Match High-yield debt management and oversee High-yield debt requirements.
– Do we monitor the Yield Management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Who will provide the final approval of Yield Management deliverables?
Pricing power Critical Criteria:
Learn from Pricing power visions and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Pricing power.
– How do we know that any Yield Management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Yield Management activities?
– Why are Yield Management skills important?
People Express Airlines Critical Criteria:
Accommodate People Express Airlines management and adopt an insight outlook.
– How will you know that the Yield Management project has been successful?
– Why is Yield Management important for you now?
Dynamic packaging Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Dynamic packaging risks and get out your magnifying glass.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Yield Management project manager?
– What are the business goals Yield Management is aiming to achieve?
– What are the usability implications of Yield Management actions?
Communications service provider Critical Criteria:
Probe Communications service provider results and find out.
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– What is the purpose of Yield Management in relation to the mission?
– Do we all define Yield Management in the same way?
Die Zeit Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Die Zeit results and do something to it.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Yield Management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
Low cost carrier Critical Criteria:
Generalize Low cost carrier engagements and question.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Yield Management process?
– What are our needs in relation to Yield Management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
United Parcel Service Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on United Parcel Service risks and mentor United Parcel Service customer orientation.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Yield Management?
– Are we Assessing Yield Management and Risk?
Hospitality industry Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Hospitality industry results and proactively manage Hospitality industry risks.
Airline ticket Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Airline ticket visions and spearhead techniques for implementing Airline ticket.
– How can we improve Yield Management?
Vending machine Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Vending machine risks and assess what counts with Vending machine that we are not counting.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Yield Management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Yield Management project lifecycle?
– What are the key elements of your Yield Management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
Real-time charging Critical Criteria:
Nurse Real-time charging strategies and find answers.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Yield Management project?
Financial engineering Critical Criteria:
Map Financial engineering management and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Financial engineering projects.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Yield Management product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Why should we adopt a Yield Management framework?
– What is our Yield Management Strategy?
Supply and demand Critical Criteria:
Design Supply and demand tactics and transcribe Supply and demand as tomorrows backbone for success.
– In what ways are Yield Management vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Yield Management objectives?
– How can skill-level changes improve Yield Management?
Frequent flier Critical Criteria:
Confer re Frequent flier goals and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Frequent flier information.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Yield Management? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Is Yield Management Required?
Capacity management Critical Criteria:
See the value of Capacity management adoptions and achieve a single Capacity management view and bringing data together.
Mass production Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Mass production risks and drive action.
Variable pricing Critical Criteria:
Grade Variable pricing tasks and find the ideas you already have.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Yield Management information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Does Yield Management analysis show the relationships among important Yield Management factors?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Yield Management process?
Revenue management Critical Criteria:
Detail Revenue management outcomes and look for lots of ideas.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Yield Management services/products?
– How do we maintain Yield Managements Integrity?
Marginal revenue Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Marginal revenue management and explain and analyze the challenges of Marginal revenue.
Deutsche Bahn Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Deutsche Bahn results and oversee implementation of Deutsche Bahn.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Yield Management moving forward?
– Is there any existing Yield Management governance structure?
Control system Critical Criteria:
Chart Control system quality and oversee Control system requirements.
– Has your organization conducted a cyber risk or vulnerability assessment of its information systems, control systems, and other networked systems?
– How can you experiment with a complex change and benefit from the version control system without making the change public?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Yield Management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Is Cybersecurity integrated between business systems and control systems?
– What is a Management Control System?
– What is your quality control system?
Price discrimination Critical Criteria:
Track Price discrimination risks and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Yield Management been identified and analyzed?
– How do we manage Yield Management Knowledge Management (KM)?
National Car Rental Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on National Car Rental outcomes and pay attention to the small things.
– In the case of a Yield Management project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Yield Management project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Yield Management project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– When a Yield Management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Yield Management Critical Criteria:
Analyze Yield Management management and create Yield Management explanations for all managers.
– what is the best design framework for Yield Management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Yield Management, including any consulting or professional services?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Yield Management processes?
Littlewood’s rule Critical Criteria:
Unify Littlewood’s rule outcomes and be persistent.
– What is Effective Yield Management?
Financial markets Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Financial markets goals and budget for Financial markets challenges.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Yield Management activities?
National Railway Critical Criteria:
Steer National Railway outcomes and question.
Airline seat Critical Criteria:
Survey Airline seat results and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Airline seat.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Yield Management?
– How important is Yield Management to the user organizations mission?
– Does our organization need more Yield Management education?
Opera house Critical Criteria:
Coach on Opera house management and track iterative Opera house results.
Customer satisfaction Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Customer satisfaction governance and shift your focus.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– What is the difference, if any, in customer satisfaction between the use and results of agile-driven software development methods and the use and results of plan-driven software development software development methods?
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Performance Standard: What should be the standards for completeness, reliability, accuracy, timeliness, customer satisfaction, quality and/or cost?
– Has it re-engineered or redesigned processes, and leveraged technologies to improve responsiveness, Customer Service and customer satisfaction?
– How does the company manage the design and delivery of products and services that promise a high level of customer satisfaction?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Yield Management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Does Yield Management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Is the Customer Satisfaction Process something which you think can be automated via an IVR?
– How does the firm measure and monitor client service and customer satisfaction?
– What employee characteristics drive customer satisfaction?
Fixed price Critical Criteria:
Track Fixed price projects and finalize the present value of growth of Fixed price.
– Are the organizations current procurement rules and culture set-up to approve and finance fluctuating costs, i.e. pay-per-use over fixed price services?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Yield Management?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Yield Management values?
American Airlines Critical Criteria:
Chat re American Airlines adoptions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding American Airlines.
– Think about the people you identified for your Yield Management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Yield Management? There might be some that are less obvious?
Global Distribution System Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Global Distribution System outcomes and explore and align the progress in Global Distribution System.
– Have all basic functions of Yield Management been defined?
Luxury vehicles Critical Criteria:
Define Luxury vehicles quality and attract Luxury vehicles skills.
– Does Yield Management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What will drive Yield Management change?
Experimental economics Critical Criteria:
Track Experimental economics failures and oversee implementation of Experimental economics.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Yield Management processes?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Yield Management process?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Yield Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Yield Management External links:
Can Yield Management Change the Future of Food & …
What is Yield Management? definition and meaning
KLA-Tencor – Process Control and Yield Management …
Neural network External links:
What is bias in artificial neural network? – Quora
Neural Network Console
Memristors power quick-learning neural network — …
Market segmentation External links:
What is Market Segmentation? definition and meaning
Examples of Market Segmentation | Chron.com
Market Segmentation – Investopedia
Relationship marketing External links:
Creative Customer Relationship Marketing — FedEx
Amazing Relationship Marketing Examples With Dos And …
Relationship Marketing | HuffPost
Electronic commerce External links:
EuroNECO – European Navy Electronic Commerce Online
Simplix – The Electronic Commerce Solution
Electronic Commerce International
Inventory control External links:
Inventory Control Manager – GL group
Customer base External links:
Customer Base | TI Automotive
5 Reasons to Prospect Within Your Existing Customer Base
Net profit External links:
Municipal Net Profit Tax
Net Profit Margin – Formula and Calculator
The Coca-Cola Company External links:
Careers at The Coca-Cola Company
The Coca-Cola Company : Login
Multifamily Executive Magazine External links:
Subscribe or Renew Multifamily Executive Magazine …
Weighted mean External links:
Compute a weighted mean in SAS – The DO Loop
Weighted Mean – Math is Fun – Maths Resources
Statistics – Find the weighted mean – YouTube
Backstage pass External links:
Backstage Pass Rewards Club – Hard Rock Lake Tahoe
Maya & Miguel . Backstage Pass (English) . Quiz | PBS KIDS GO!
Backstage Pass Tours | Tennessee Aquarium – IMAX Movies
Customer service External links:
Customer Service Center – Washington Gas eService Center
Capital One Customer Service | Contact Us
Customer Service – WFG National Title Company
Length of stay External links:
[PDF]Grouper 32 DRG Weights & Geometric Mean Length of Stay
People Express Airlines External links:
People Express Airlines Alumni Reunion Custom Ink …
1984 People Express Airlines Commercial – YouTube
Video: People Express Airlines – Daily Press
Dynamic packaging External links:
Dynamic Packaging, LLC – Home | Facebook
Communications service provider External links:
Communications Service Provider – Opus Networks
Die Zeit External links:
Clear Die Zeit fliegt – createasmilestamps
DIE ZEIT – Home | Facebook
DIE ZEIT (@DIEZEIT) | Twitter
United Parcel Service External links:
United Parcel Service, Inc. – UPS – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Live United Parcel Service Flight Status FlightAware
Working at UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
Hospitality industry External links:
What is the Hospitality Industry? (with pictures) – wiseGEEK
Airline ticket External links:
United Airlines – Airline Tickets, Travel Deals and Flights
Vending machine External links:
VendSoft – Vending Machine Route Management
Office Vending Machine Services & Office Snacks
Publication 118 – Vending Machine Food Sales
Financial engineering External links:
Financial engineering (eBook, 2008) [WorldCat.org]
Supply and demand External links:
Supply and Demand – Investor’s Business Daily
Law of Supply and Demand: Basic Economics – Investopedia
Nursing: Supply and Demand through 2020 – CEW Georgetown
Frequent flier External links:
Best Ways to Use Frequent Flier Miles – Entrepreneur
Maximize Your Travel Points & Frequent Flier Miles
Capacity management External links:
Capacity management (Book, 1988) [WorldCat.org]
Mass production External links:
Mass Production – Investopedia
Variable pricing External links:
Variable pricing — AccountingTools
[PDF]2017 PATRIOTS VARIABLE PRICING PER GAME
Definition of “Smoothing” or “Variable Pricing” | Chron.com
Revenue management External links:
The fundamentals of Revenue Management – coursera.org
Model N High Tech Revenue Management
Marginal revenue External links:
Marginal Revenue (MR) – MR – Investopedia
How to Calculate Marginal Revenue | Chron.com
How to Calculate Marginal Revenue: 11 Steps (with Pictures)
Deutsche Bahn External links:
Deutsche Bahn – discover Germany and Europe by rail!
Control system External links:
Overview of U.S. Export Control System – State
Home | California Poison Control System | UCSF
EPICS – Experimental Physics and Industrial Control System
Price discrimination External links:
Price Discrimination – Investopedia
3 Types of Price Discrimination | Chron.com
A macroeconomic model of international price discrimination
National Car Rental External links:
National Car Rental – Android Apps on Google Play
National Mobile App – National Car Rental
Yield Management External links:
KLA-Tencor – Process Control and Yield Management …
What is Yield Management? definition and meaning
Can Yield Management Change the Future of Food & …
Littlewood’s rule External links:
Revenue Management – Littlewood’s Rule Part 1 – YouTube
Financial markets External links:
Financial Markets – RMIT University
Citadel – Leading Investors in the World’s Financial Markets
National Railway External links:
National Railway Museum – YouTube
Canadian National Railway Map – ACW Railway Company
Canadian National Railway Company (CNI) – Yahoo Finance
Airline seat External links:
Airline Seat Sizes – Extend-ITs
Opera house External links:
Lexington Opera House – Official Site
Lancaster Opera House – Official Site
Sydney Opera House – Official Site
Customer satisfaction External links:
Customer Satisfaction: Surveys, Questions & Templates
Wawa Customer Satisfaction Survey – Welcome
Why Customer Satisfaction is Important (6 Reasons)
Fixed price External links:
MO Fixed Price Vehicles
Payment Options and Fixed Price Program – West Oil …
American Airlines External links:
American Airlines – Login
American Airlines – Login
Pilot Credentials | American Airlines
Global Distribution System External links:
Global Distribution System (GDS) for Hotels | innRoad
What is a Global Distribution System? – YouTube
What is a GDS (Global Distribution System)?
Experimental economics External links:
“Experimental Economics” by Elizabeth Hoffman
Experimental economics (eBook, 1994) [WorldCat.org]
Experimental Economics – Springer