What is involved in Software Quality Assurance
Find out what the related areas are that Software Quality Assurance connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Software Quality Assurance thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Software Quality Assurance journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Software Quality Assurance leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Software Quality Assurance related domains to cover and 225 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Software Quality Assurance, IEEE 802.7, IEEE 802.11v, Link aggregation, Software test documentation, Requirements engineering, IEEE 1471, Spanning Tree Protocol, Object model, Systems engineering, Software user documentation, Universal Power Adapter for Mobile Devices, Wireless Gigabit Alliance, Software testing, Cable modem, IEEE 802.10, IEEE 12207, Watts Humphrey, Project management, Structured analysis, IEEE 802.9, Systems analysis, Risk management, IEEE 802.1AE, Token bus network, Single UNIX Specification, ISO/IEC 15504, Software quality, Stream Reservation Protocol, Quality assurance, IEEE 802.11y-2008, IEEE 802.1ad, Functional specification, IEEE 2030, Software quality management, Function model, Bertrand Meyer, Software maintenance, Extreme programming, IEEE 802.11p, Formal methods, IEEE 1613, IEEE 802.21, Revision control, IEEE 1284, Software assurance, Software quality analyst, Object-oriented programming, Software prototyping, Peri Tarr, IEEE P1619, ISO/IEEE 11073, Service-oriented architecture, Computer engineering, Multiple Registration Protocol, IEEE 802.11j-2004, Incremental build model, ISO 9000, Provider Backbone Bridge Traffic Engineering, IEEE 802.11ah, Service Interoperability in Ethernet Passive Optical Networks, ISO/IEC 42010, Ivar Jacobson, Software architecture, IEEE 802.11e-2005, High-level architecture, View model, IEEE floating point, IEEE 1164, Aspect-oriented software development:
Software Quality Assurance Critical Criteria:
Match Software Quality Assurance outcomes and oversee implementation of Software Quality Assurance.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration, Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Software Quality Assurance in a volatile global economy?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Software Quality Assurance processes?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Software Quality Assurance does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
IEEE 802.7 Critical Criteria:
Face IEEE 802.7 adoptions and overcome IEEE 802.7 skills and management ineffectiveness.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Software Quality Assurance is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Software Quality Assurance moving forward?
– How can we improve Software Quality Assurance?
IEEE 802.11v Critical Criteria:
Consolidate IEEE 802.11v engagements and find out what it really means.
– Who will provide the final approval of Software Quality Assurance deliverables?
– What are our Software Quality Assurance Processes?
Link aggregation Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Link aggregation decisions and document what potential Link aggregation megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Software Quality Assurance. How do we gain traction?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Software Quality Assurance agendas for the next 3 years?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Software Quality Assurance activities?
Software test documentation Critical Criteria:
Survey Software test documentation engagements and tour deciding if Software test documentation progress is made.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Software Quality Assurance project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Software Quality Assurance project lifecycle?
– How do we know that any Software Quality Assurance analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Requirements engineering Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Requirements engineering quality and figure out ways to motivate other Requirements engineering users.
– What will drive Software Quality Assurance change?
– Do we all define Software Quality Assurance in the same way?
IEEE 1471 Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with IEEE 1471 quality and gather practices for scaling IEEE 1471.
– How do we go about Comparing Software Quality Assurance approaches/solutions?
– Why are Software Quality Assurance skills important?
Spanning Tree Protocol Critical Criteria:
Apply Spanning Tree Protocol outcomes and point out improvements in Spanning Tree Protocol.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Software Quality Assurance processes?
– Does Software Quality Assurance analysis show the relationships among important Software Quality Assurance factors?
– When a Software Quality Assurance manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Object model Critical Criteria:
Rank Object model visions and find the essential reading for Object model researchers.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Software Quality Assurance?
– What are all of our Software Quality Assurance domains and what do they do?
– Is a Software Quality Assurance Team Work effort in place?
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Administer Systems engineering quality and assess what counts with Systems engineering that we are not counting.
– When observing natural systems, complexity theorists can identify, to some degree, which systems have these features. to apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– Regarding the way the system is formed and operates and the scale of interest; e.g., are we interested in complexity at the level of atoms or of cells or of organs?
– The complexity of our design task is significantly affected by the nature of the objectives for the systems to be designed. is the task intricate, or difficult?
– What approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Software Quality Assurance, including any consulting or professional services?
– Is sufficient schedule time allocated to allow for dependencies on commercial off-the-shelf cots product deliveries?
– How are you going to know that the system is performing correctly once it is operational?
– Does the deployment schedule call for installations at a typically rainy time of year?
– Do we have confidence in the reliability and robustness of the systems we design?
– Typical concerns on the design side: what is the required functionality?
– Is systems engineering the solution to all of our systems problems?
– What kind of support for requirements management will be needed?
– What is the geographic and physical extent of the system?
– What are the flows between parts of the system?
– What are the interfaces for a given part?
– How do we compare with the competition?
– How well should the system perform?
– How will we know when we are done?
– Where are we today?
Software user documentation Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Software user documentation failures and adopt an insight outlook.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Software Quality Assurance strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Software Quality Assurance requirements in detail?
– What is the purpose of Software Quality Assurance in relation to the mission?
Universal Power Adapter for Mobile Devices Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Universal Power Adapter for Mobile Devices goals and improve Universal Power Adapter for Mobile Devices service perception.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Software Quality Assurance models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– For your Software Quality Assurance project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Do Software Quality Assurance rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Wireless Gigabit Alliance Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Wireless Gigabit Alliance adoptions and assess what counts with Wireless Gigabit Alliance that we are not counting.
– Have you identified your Software Quality Assurance key performance indicators?
– How can you measure Software Quality Assurance in a systematic way?
– Is Software Quality Assurance Required?
Software testing Critical Criteria:
Map Software testing outcomes and point out Software testing tensions in leadership.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Software Quality Assurance project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
Cable modem Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Cable modem visions and create a map for yourself.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Software Quality Assurance? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What is Effective Software Quality Assurance?
IEEE 802.10 Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze IEEE 802.10 management and find the ideas you already have.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Software Quality Assurance project?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Software Quality Assurance been identified and analyzed?
– How do we keep improving Software Quality Assurance?
IEEE 12207 Critical Criteria:
Value IEEE 12207 management and probe using an integrated framework to make sure IEEE 12207 is getting what it needs.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Software Quality Assurance process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Software Quality Assurance process available?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Software Quality Assurance leaders?
Watts Humphrey Critical Criteria:
Canvass Watts Humphrey results and innovate what needs to be done with Watts Humphrey.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Software Quality Assurance information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Focus on Project management projects and work towards be a leading Project management expert.
– In the case of a Software Quality Assurance project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Software Quality Assurance project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Software Quality Assurance project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Troubleshooting – are problems related to what is actually changing (the change), to the management of tasks and resources to make the change happen (project management) or to issues relating to employee engagement, buy-in and resistance (Change Management)?
– First iteration. The plan for the team is then a list of prioritized features, and who is to perform the tasks of developing the features is decided on during the iteration. What is important in the kick-off meeting to enable feedback and learning?
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– When we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Are your current project management and time and expense capture applications outdated and expensive to update and maintain?
– How much effort and investment in time and resources will be required to develop new tools, templates and processes?
– What additional schedule (and cost) would be required if they continued at historical or any other lower burn rates?
– What about when our product is an integration of several different products, each with their own product owner?
– How will the existing culture and organizational structure be impacted by agile project management?
– What did you accomplish yesterday, what will you do today, and what impediments are getting in your way?
– What scenarios in terms of projected cost, schedule, and scope could/should we plan for?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– Do project management and Change Management look the same for every initiative?
– Will reporting methods be different for agile versus traditional projects?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office (PMO)?
– How can Trello be used as an Agile project management tool?
– What type of certificate will be awarded and by whom?
– When does a project begin and end?
Structured analysis Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Structured analysis planning and check on ways to get started with Structured analysis.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Software Quality Assurance process?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Software Quality Assurance project manager?
IEEE 802.9 Critical Criteria:
Apply IEEE 802.9 failures and ask questions.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Software Quality Assurance strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Software Quality Assurance? There might be some that are less obvious?
Systems analysis Critical Criteria:
Refer to Systems analysis management and assess what counts with Systems analysis that we are not counting.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Software Quality Assurance values?
– What qualifications should the Systems Analysis team be looking for when hiring their new team member?
– What political support and opposition is likely to arise in response to reform proposals?
– What are the principal mechanisms likely to bring about performance improvements?
– What is the purpose of splitting design into two parts: systems and detail?
– Why is the systems development life cycle considered an iterative process?
– What records are kept and how do they fit in with the functions?
– Is this an acceptable application of a disruptive technology?
– What does it mean to develop a quality software system?
– What is the basic framework for feasibility analysis?
– What are the project development team s roles?
– When are users trained to use the new system?
– Systems Analysis and design: where is it?
– Systems Analysis and design: what is it?
– Systems Analysis and design: why is it?
– Why have Systems Analysis at all?
– How broad should the analysis be?
– Why do we need this method?
– Who does analysis?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Apply Risk management results and spearhead techniques for implementing Risk management.
– Has management conducted a comprehensive evaluation of the entirety of enterprise Risk Management at least once every three years or sooner if a major strategy or management change occurs, a program is added or deleted, changes in economic or political conditions exist, or changes in operations or methods of processing information have occurred?
– Does the final risk determination and risk acceptance by the authorizing official reflect the Risk Management strategy developed by the organization and conveyed by the risk executive (function)?
– Are we communicating about our Cybersecurity Risk Management programs including the effectiveness of those programs to stakeholders, including boards, investors, auditors, and insurers?
– Does your Cybersecurity plan contain both cyber and physical security components, or does your physical security plan identify critical cyber assets?
– Have managements Risk Management techniques contemplated organizational goals in making technology selection and implementation decisions?
– Do we have these warning signs: This project is not that big and everyone knows what they are doing -why do we need a project manager?
– Structure/process risk -What is the degree of change the new project will introduce into user areas and business procedures?
– What core IT system are you using? Does it have an ERM or risk assessment module; and if so, have you used it?
– Havr we managed Cybersecurity in the replacement and upgrade cycle of its networked equipment?
– Could a system or security malfunction or unavailability result in injury or death?
– Does the company collect personally identifiable information electronically?
– How often are information and technology risk assessments performed?
– Where do we locate our Cybersecurity Risk Management program/office?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
– How do you assess threats to your system and assets?
– Do your recovery plans incorporate lessons learned?
– Is your Cybersecurity plan tested regularly?
– How are risk management decisions escalated?
– What is our Risk Management committee?
IEEE 802.1AE Critical Criteria:
Grade IEEE 802.1AE tasks and learn.
– Will Software Quality Assurance have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Software Quality Assurance delivery for example is new software needed?
– How do we measure improved Software Quality Assurance service perception, and satisfaction?
Token bus network Critical Criteria:
Shape Token bus network goals and tour deciding if Token bus network progress is made.
– Does Software Quality Assurance systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– In a project to restructure Software Quality Assurance outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Software Quality Assurance study?
Single UNIX Specification Critical Criteria:
Chart Single UNIX Specification tactics and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Single UNIX Specification.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Software Quality Assurance activities?
ISO/IEC 15504 Critical Criteria:
Investigate ISO/IEC 15504 outcomes and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging ISO/IEC 15504.
– What are our needs in relation to Software Quality Assurance skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What threat is Software Quality Assurance addressing?
Software quality Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Software quality leadership and assess what counts with Software quality that we are not counting.
– The need for high-quality software is glaring. But what constitutes software quality?
Stream Reservation Protocol Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Stream Reservation Protocol results and find the ideas you already have.
– What are current Software Quality Assurance Paradigms?
Quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Quality assurance tasks and prioritize challenges of Quality assurance.
– Does the quality plan prescribe the type(s) of Quality Assurance activities (such as reviews, audits, inspections) to be performed to achieve the objectives of the quality plan?
– What is your Quality Assurance process to ensure that the large volumes of data gathered in the monitoring process are handled efficiently?
– Have we established unit(s) whose primary responsibility is internal audit, Quality Assurance, internal control or quality control?
– Does the Quality Assurance process include a review of adherence to it policies, procedures and standards?
– Are qa audits, surveillances, and nonconformance reports part of the qa program?
– Are previous revisions of documents marked to indicate that they are superseded?
– Is there sufficient technical information for operating the component properly?
– How do you assure that repairs andor preventative maintenance were completed?
– How can we integrate Customer Service into our Quality Assurance program?
– How does improper/incomplete documentation affect disciplinary actions?
– Is the system/component adequately labeled for ease of operation?
– How does the qa plan cover all aspects of the organization?
– Do you keep track of unsuccessfully performed skills?
– Is the target achievable by the current process?
– How often are the protocols reviewed?
– How much does Quality Assurance cost?
– Was proper development done?
– Is the qa plan approved?
IEEE 802.11y-2008 Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about IEEE 802.11y-2008 issues and look at it backwards.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Software Quality Assurance strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What are the short and long-term Software Quality Assurance goals?
IEEE 802.1ad Critical Criteria:
Steer IEEE 802.1ad engagements and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential IEEE 802.1ad information.
– What are the disruptive Software Quality Assurance technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Functional specification Critical Criteria:
Chat re Functional specification failures and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Functional specification.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Software Quality Assurance leader?
IEEE 2030 Critical Criteria:
Focus on IEEE 2030 engagements and remodel and develop an effective IEEE 2030 strategy.
– How would one define Software Quality Assurance leadership?
– Are there Software Quality Assurance Models?
Software quality management Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Software quality management outcomes and create Software quality management explanations for all managers.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Software Quality Assurance?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Software Quality Assurance move?
– How much does Software Quality Assurance help?
Function model Critical Criteria:
Check Function model leadership and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Function model.
– What are the key elements of your Software Quality Assurance performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Is there a Software Quality Assurance Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Bertrand Meyer Critical Criteria:
Examine Bertrand Meyer projects and ask questions.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Software Quality Assurance?
– Is there any existing Software Quality Assurance governance structure?
– How will you measure your Software Quality Assurance effectiveness?
Software maintenance Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Software maintenance results and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Software maintenance decisions.
– If the path forward waits until a new generation of devices essentially replaces an old generation of devices which could be somewhere between 5 and 15 years, what does the path forward look like for the legacy devices and their software maintenance?
– Why is Software Quality Assurance important for you now?
Extreme programming Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Extreme programming planning and prioritize challenges of Extreme programming.
– How do we manage Software Quality Assurance Knowledge Management (KM)?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
IEEE 802.11p Critical Criteria:
Substantiate IEEE 802.11p decisions and devise IEEE 802.11p key steps.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Software Quality Assurance with what users do day-to-day?
– Does Software Quality Assurance analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are the long-term Software Quality Assurance goals?
Formal methods Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Formal methods outcomes and triple focus on important concepts of Formal methods relationship management.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Software Quality Assurance project?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Software Quality Assurance?
– Do we have past Software Quality Assurance Successes?
IEEE 1613 Critical Criteria:
Substantiate IEEE 1613 planning and report on setting up IEEE 1613 without losing ground.
– Are accountability and ownership for Software Quality Assurance clearly defined?
IEEE 802.21 Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on IEEE 802.21 failures and explain and analyze the challenges of IEEE 802.21.
Revision control Critical Criteria:
Map Revision control engagements and get answers.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Software Quality Assurance products are done in a way that ensures safety?
IEEE 1284 Critical Criteria:
Check IEEE 1284 decisions and reduce IEEE 1284 costs.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Software Quality Assurance processes of our organization?
Software assurance Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Software assurance governance and adopt an insight outlook.
Software quality analyst Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Software quality analyst leadership and separate what are the business goals Software quality analyst is aiming to achieve.
– Does Software Quality Assurance create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Software Quality Assurance Management?
– What is our formula for success in Software Quality Assurance ?
Object-oriented programming Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Object-oriented programming quality and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Object-oriented programming.
Software prototyping Critical Criteria:
Infer Software prototyping quality and describe which business rules are needed as Software prototyping interface.
– In what ways are Software Quality Assurance vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Peri Tarr Critical Criteria:
Recall Peri Tarr outcomes and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Peri Tarr is getting what it needs.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Software Quality Assurance is underway?
– Who sets the Software Quality Assurance standards?
IEEE P1619 Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re IEEE P1619 governance and get answers.
ISO/IEEE 11073 Critical Criteria:
Group ISO/IEEE 11073 risks and sort ISO/IEEE 11073 activities.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Software Quality Assurance into the services that we provide?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Investigate Service-oriented architecture decisions and define what do we need to start doing with Service-oriented architecture.
Computer engineering Critical Criteria:
Guard Computer engineering strategies and finalize the present value of growth of Computer engineering.
– Among the Software Quality Assurance product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What is our Software Quality Assurance Strategy?
Multiple Registration Protocol Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Multiple Registration Protocol failures and observe effective Multiple Registration Protocol.
IEEE 802.11j-2004 Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze IEEE 802.11j-2004 visions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What about Software Quality Assurance Analysis of results?
Incremental build model Critical Criteria:
Examine Incremental build model decisions and figure out ways to motivate other Incremental build model users.
– Do the Software Quality Assurance decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
ISO 9000 Critical Criteria:
Graph ISO 9000 leadership and explain and analyze the challenges of ISO 9000.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Do not ISO 9000 and CMM certifications loose their meaning when applied to the software industry?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Software Quality Assurance opportunities costing us money?
Provider Backbone Bridge Traffic Engineering Critical Criteria:
Investigate Provider Backbone Bridge Traffic Engineering strategies and change contexts.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Software Quality Assurance that make it risky?
– To what extent does management recognize Software Quality Assurance as a tool to increase the results?
IEEE 802.11ah Critical Criteria:
Define IEEE 802.11ah planning and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Is Software Quality Assurance dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What business benefits will Software Quality Assurance goals deliver if achieved?
– How is the value delivered by Software Quality Assurance being measured?
Service Interoperability in Ethernet Passive Optical Networks Critical Criteria:
Own Service Interoperability in Ethernet Passive Optical Networks management and test out new things.
– Are there Software Quality Assurance problems defined?
ISO/IEC 42010 Critical Criteria:
Think about ISO/IEC 42010 failures and report on developing an effective ISO/IEC 42010 strategy.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Software Quality Assurance objectives?
– Does the Software Quality Assurance task fit the clients priorities?
Ivar Jacobson Critical Criteria:
Confer re Ivar Jacobson risks and look for lots of ideas.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Software Quality Assurance experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What is the source of the strategies for Software Quality Assurance strengthening and reform?
– Are assumptions made in Software Quality Assurance stated explicitly?
Software architecture Critical Criteria:
Mix Software architecture decisions and test out new things.
IEEE 802.11e-2005 Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about IEEE 802.11e-2005 visions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive IEEE 802.11e-2005 projects.
– Think about the people you identified for your Software Quality Assurance project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How important is Software Quality Assurance to the user organizations mission?
High-level architecture Critical Criteria:
Judge High-level architecture tasks and innovate what needs to be done with High-level architecture.
View model Critical Criteria:
Experiment with View model visions and catalog what business benefits will View model goals deliver if achieved.
IEEE floating point Critical Criteria:
Explore IEEE floating point risks and document what potential IEEE floating point megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What are the business goals Software Quality Assurance is aiming to achieve?
IEEE 1164 Critical Criteria:
Focus on IEEE 1164 outcomes and cater for concise IEEE 1164 education.
– Is Software Quality Assurance Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Aspect-oriented software development Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Aspect-oriented software development failures and point out improvements in Aspect-oriented software development.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Software Quality Assurance product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Software Quality Assurance process?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Software Quality Assurance Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
IEEE 802.7 External links:
Software test documentation External links:
Spanning Tree Protocol External links:
Object model External links:
Document Object Model (DOM) Level 3 Core Specification
Systems engineering External links:
The Systems Engineering Plan (SEP) Outline Version 2.0
What Is Systems Engineering? – Missouri S&T
Systems Engineering Plan (SEP) – AcqNotes
Wireless Gigabit Alliance External links:
Software testing External links:
Software Testing – California State University, Northridge
STLC – Software Testing Life Cycle – Meet Guru99
Rapid Software Testing (RST) – James Bach – Satisfice, Inc.
IEEE 12207 External links:
Project management External links:
Project Management Information and White Papers Index
Project Management – CSUN
www.csun.edu/~ghe59995/MSE402/Chapter 14 – Project Audit & Closur…
7. PROJECT MANAGEMENT
www.em-ea.org/Guide Books/Book-1/1.7 Project Management.pdf
Systems analysis External links:
Risk management External links:
RISK MANAGEMENT – Food and Agriculture Organization
Risk Management Series – Part 5: Assessing Severity
www.medicept.com/RiskManagement/RM 5 – Assessing Severity.pdf
Risk Management for the Pharmaceutical Industry – Fujitsu
Single UNIX Specification External links:
Software quality External links:
What is software quality? – software and EDA expert
Quality assurance External links:
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES SOP QUALITY ASSURANCE …
Quality Assurance with Manual Testing | Yes-M Systems
9. QUALITY CONTROL/QUALITY ASSURANCE – SAC Steel
Functional specification External links:
An Agile Functional Specification – its-all-design.com
Function model External links:
Extreme programming External links:
IEEE 1613 External links:
IEEE 1284 External links:
Object-oriented programming External links:
IEEE P1619 External links:
Computer engineering External links:
Incremental build model External links:
ISO 9000 External links:
ISO 9000 Quality system – sasqag