Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical 3D Printing Service Bureaus Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any 3D Printing Service Bureaus related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated 3D Printing Service Bureaus specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the 3D Printing Service Bureaus Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 670 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which 3D Printing Service Bureaus improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 670 standard requirements:
- Has/have the customer(s) been identified?
- In a project to restructure 3D Printing Service Bureaus outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
- What are the compelling stakeholder reasons for embarking on 3D Printing Service Bureaus?
- What are our needs in relation to 3D Printing Service Bureaus skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
- Do you keep 50% of your time unscheduled?
- Has a project plan, Gantt chart, or similar been developed/completed?
- What to measure and why?
- Is the 3D Printing Service Bureaus scope manageable?
- Are task requirements clearly defined?
- Is there a high likelihood that any recommendations will achieve their intended results?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the 3D Printing Service Bureaus book in PDF containing 670 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your 3D Printing Service Bureaus self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the 3D Printing Service Bureaus Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which 3D Printing Service Bureaus areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough 3D Printing Service Bureaus Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage 3D Printing Service Bureaus projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step 3D Printing Service Bureaus Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 3D Printing Service Bureaus project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- WBS Dictionary: Are significant decision points, constraints, and interfaces identified as key milestones?
- Change Request: How are the measures for carrying out the change established?
- Team Operating Agreement: What are the safety issues/risks that need to be addressed and/or that the team needs to discuss?
- Procurement Audit: Are buyers rotated so that they do not deal with the same vendors year in and year out?
- Activity Duration Estimates: How could you use each technique in your organization?
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Is staff trained on the software technologies that are being used on the 3D Printing Service Bureaus project?
- Project Schedule: Your 3D Printing Service Bureaus project management plan results in a 3D Printing Service Bureaus project schedule that is too long. If the 3D Printing Service Bureaus project network diagram cannot change but you have extra personnel resources, what is the BEST thing to do?
- Project Management Plan: Was the peer (technical) review of the cost estimates duly coordinated with the cost estimate center of expertise and addressed in the review documentation and certification?
- Schedule Management Plan: Are actuals compared against estimates to analyze and correct variances?
- Schedule Management Plan: Does the time 3D Printing Service Bureaus projection include an amount for contingencies (time reserves)?
Step-by-step and complete 3D Printing Service Bureaus Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 3D Printing Service Bureaus project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 3D Printing Service Bureaus project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 3D Printing Service Bureaus project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 3D Printing Service Bureaus project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 3D Printing Service Bureaus project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 3D Printing Service Bureaus project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any 3D Printing Service Bureaus project with this in-depth 3D Printing Service Bureaus Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose 3D Printing Service Bureaus projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in 3D Printing Service Bureaus and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make 3D Printing Service Bureaus investments work better.
This 3D Printing Service Bureaus All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.