Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Communications-Enabled Business Processes Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Communications-Enabled Business Processes related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Communications-Enabled Business Processes specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Communications-Enabled Business Processes Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 639 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Communications-Enabled Business Processes improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 639 standard requirements:
- Is this an issue for analysis or intuition?
- How do we ensure that implementations of Communications-Enabled Business Processes products are done in a way that ensures safety?
- How might the group capture best practices and lessons learned so as to leverage improvements?
- Are documented procedures clear and easy to follow for the operators?
- How do we link Measurement and Risk?
- What is our Communications-Enabled Business Processes Strategy?
- Is pilot data collected and analyzed?
- What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Communications-Enabled Business Processes project?
- How would our PR, marketing, and social media change if we did not use outside agencies?
- How can skill-level changes improve Communications-Enabled Business Processes?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Communications-Enabled Business Processes book in PDF containing 639 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your Communications-Enabled Business Processes self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Communications-Enabled Business Processes Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Communications-Enabled Business Processes areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Communications-Enabled Business Processes Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Communications-Enabled Business Processes projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Communications-Enabled Business Processes Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 Communications-Enabled Business Processes project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Source Selection Criteria: What is the effect of the debriefing schedule on potential protests?
- Change Management Plan: Do the proposed users have access to the appropriate documentation?
- Risk Register: Whats the appropriate level of risk management for this Communications-Enabled Business Processes project?
- WBS Dictionary: Is undistributed budget limited to contract effort which cannot yet be planned to CWBS elements at or below the level specified for reporting to the Government?
- Team Member Performance Assessment: What innovations (if any) are developed to realize goals?
- Risk Audit: Have top software and customer managers formally committed to support the Communications-Enabled Business Processes project?
- Variance Analysis: Are the bases and rates for allocating costs from each indirect pool consistently applied?
- Team Directory: Process Decisions: Are all start-up, turn over and close out requirements of the contract satisfied?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: Does the Communications-Enabled Business Processes project team have experience with the technology to be implemented?
- Project Scope Statement: If the scope changes, what will the impact be to your Communications-Enabled Business Processes project in terms of duration, cost, quality, or any other important areas of the Communications-Enabled Business Processes project?
Step-by-step and complete Communications-Enabled Business Processes Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Communications-Enabled Business Processes project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Communications-Enabled Business Processes project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Communications-Enabled Business Processes project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Communications-Enabled Business Processes project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Communications-Enabled Business Processes project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Communications-Enabled Business Processes project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Communications-Enabled Business Processes project with this in-depth Communications-Enabled Business Processes Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Communications-Enabled Business Processes projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Communications-Enabled Business Processes and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Communications-Enabled Business Processes investments work better.
This Communications-Enabled Business Processes All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.