What You Need to Know
- Breakouts in the DevOps predictive analytics are Infrastructure as Code, DevOps toolchain, Microservices. Seriously consider these technologies to gain a strategic advantage.
- The technologies who are at the peak of their interest are Microservices, Jenkins (software), Infrastructure as Code.
- By far most employment needs are found in the Quality assurance, Debugging, User experience technologies.
- These 3 fields have the most active practitioners who have the specific skill set or experience: Quality assurance, Data center, Software developer.
- ISO 9001, Mercurial, Venn diagram lead in searches for information online.
- These three technologies are receiving the highest investments to gain clients: DevOps toolchain, Data center, Agile software development.
- These three technologies have the most active advertisers: Software developer, Data center, ISO 9001.
- In patents, these three technologies have the most coverage User experience, Debugging, Data center.
- The most publications are available for Software developer, Docker (software), Continuous delivery.
- Instruction and courseware availability is highest in these technologies: Mercurial, User experience, SVK.
The DevOps report evaluates technologies and applications in terms of their business impact, adoption rate and maturity level to help users decide where and when to invest.
DevOps (a clipped compound of development and operations) is a culture, movement or practice that emphasizes the collaboration and communication of both software developers and other information-technology (IT) professionals while automating the process of software delivery and infrastructure changes. It aims at establishing a culture and environment where building, testing, and releasing software can happen rapidly, frequently, and more reliably.
The Predictive Analytics Scores below – ordered on Forecasted Future Needs and Demand from High to Low – shows you DevOps’s Predictive Analysis. The link takes you to a corresponding product in The Art of Service’s store to get started.
The Art of Service’s predictive model results enable businesses to discover and apply the most profitable technologies and applications, attracting the most profitable customers, and therefore helping maximize value from their investments. The Predictive Analytics algorithm evaluates and scores technologies and applications.
The platform monitors over ten thousand technologies and applications for months, looking for interest swings in a topic, concept, technology or application, not just a count of mentions. It then makes forecasts about the velocity of the interest over time, with peaks representing it breaking into the mainstream. Data sources include trend data, employment data, employee skills data, and signals like advertising spent, advertisers, search-counts, Instruction and courseware available activity, patents, and books published.
Predictive Analytics Scores:
002051 – Infrastructure as Code
001016 – DevOps toolchain
000821 – Microservices
000766 – Continuous testing
000644 – Continuous delivery
000627 – Continuous integration
000583 – Visual Studio Team Services
000535 – PTC Integrity
000445 – Docker (software)
000368 – Functional organization
000354 – Puppet (software)
000348 – Agile software development
000337 – Scrum (software development)
000250 – Changeset
000237 – Version control
000233 – Git (software)
000199 – Dimensions CM
000194 – Python (programming language)
000189 – Jenkins (software)
000184 – Kanban (development)
000173 – User experience
000173 – Build automation
000168 – Debugging
000167 – Test automation
000159 – Release management
000148 – Team Foundation Server
000132 – Mercurial
000088 – Maintenance release
000075 – Quality assurance
000075 – Data center
000067 – Rational Team Concert
000067 – IBM Rational Team Concert
000061 – Software developer
000057 – Data comparison
000055 – Lean startup
000055 – BABOK
000044 – Venn diagram
000043 – SQLite
000039 – Lean software development
000038 – ISO 9001
000021 – Stakeholder (corporate)
000020 – CADES
000016 – PMBOK
000013 – Waterfall model
000002 – SVK
000000 – Vagrant (software)
000000 – Software container
000000 – Revision tag
000000 – Plastic SCM
000000 – Code Co-op
-1.23476376E+9 – Domain-driven design