Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical DFMA Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any DFMA related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated DFMA specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the DFMA Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 850 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which DFMA improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 850 standard requirements:
- Do you take a step back and take a bigger picture perspective that doesnt just look at the cost of the assembly or piece parts, but instead answers, what is the impact on the system?
- Why do you suppose so many firms (about a third of the survey respondents) still dont track overhead costs related to product development, and what advice do you have for them?
- When did your company first begin identifying a need to reduce unnecessary product development costs, and what steps did it take?
- If the materials hardenability properties must be taken into consideration, are the most appropriate joint geometry utilised?
- Are the possibilities to use different processing methods for the same construction or multi-processing methods considered?
- Which categories contribute to product development costs that could be avoided by analyzing product designs with DFMA?
- For which categories has your company measured savings in overhead costs related to DFA part count reduction?
- Design for Manufacturing – how does it fit with Design for Function, Design for Assembly and Design for Cost?
- Is the CAD-geometry of the workpiece saved in the DXF-format (or any other suitable) for CAD/CAM-integration?
- Must the part be made of a different material from the rest of the assembly for fundamental physical reasons?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the DFMA book in PDF containing 850 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your DFMA self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the DFMA Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which DFMA areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough DFMA Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage DFMA projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step DFMA Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 DFMA project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Procurement Audit: Is a physical inventory taken periodically to verify fixed asset records?
- Project or Phase Close-Out: What are the marketing communication needs for each stakeholder?
- Probability and Impact Matrix: Is the number of people on the DFMA project team adequate to do the job?
- Team Member Status Report: Will the staff do training or is that done by a third party?
- Probability and Impact Matrix: What will be the likely incidence of conflict with neighboring DFMA projects?
- Project Scope Statement: Will all tasks resulting from issues be entered into the DFMA project Plan and tracked through the plan?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Is this DFMA project carried out in partnership with other groups/organizations?
- Project Performance Report: To what degree do the structures of the formal organization motivate task- relevant behavior and facilitate task completion?
- Cost Baseline: Eac -estimate at completion, what is the total job expected to cost?
- Probability and Impact Matrix: Is the DFMA project cutting across the entire organization?
Step-by-step and complete DFMA Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 DFMA project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 DFMA project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 DFMA project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 DFMA project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 DFMA project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 DFMA project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any DFMA project with this in-depth DFMA Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose DFMA projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in DFMA and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make DFMA investments work better.
This DFMA All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.