Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Ethernet Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Ethernet related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Ethernet specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Ethernet Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Ethernet improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the standard requirements:
- How do you select, collect, align, and integrate Ethernet data and information for tracking daily operations and overall organizational performance, including progress relative to strategic objectives and action plans?
- If a network is involved, what is its operational paradigm, that is, unicast (point-to-point network, such as Ethernet), multicast, or broadcast?
- You are asked to create four vlans on a newly installed physical ethernet switch. how should you configure the vlans?
- Can the proposed products interface to multi-vendor remote I/O modules through an Ethernet 802.3 fieldbus?
- How much falloff in bandwidth can I expect when switching from Ethernet to Wifi?
- What are the record-keeping requirements of Ethernet activities?
- What type of network topology is needed (Ethernet, FDDI, ATM, etc.)?
- Can the proposed products interface a SCADA using Ethernet 802.3?
- Will any special training be provided for results interpretation?
- Are we relevant? Will we be relevant five years from now? Ten?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Ethernet book in PDF containing requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your Ethernet self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Ethernet Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Ethernet areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Ethernet Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Ethernet projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Ethernet Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 Ethernet project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Quality Management Plan: How are data handled when a test is not run per specification?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: What kind of preparation would be required to do this?
- Scope Management Plan: Do Ethernet project managers participating in the Ethernet project know the Ethernet projects true status first hand?
- Quality Audit: Do all staff have the necessary authority and resources to deliver what is expected of them?
- Project or Phase Close-Out: Was the user/client satisfied with the end product?
- Scope Management Plan: Are written status reports provided on a designated frequent basis?
- Schedule Management Plan: Have the procedures for identifying budget variances been followed?
- Activity Duration Estimates: How does the job market and current state of the economy affect human resource management?
- Planning Process Group: If task X starts two days late, what is the effect on the Ethernet project end date?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Have all documents been archived in a Ethernet project repository for each release?
Step-by-step and complete Ethernet Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Ethernet project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Ethernet project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Ethernet project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Ethernet project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Ethernet project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Ethernet project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Ethernet project with this in-depth Ethernet Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Ethernet projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Ethernet and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Ethernet investments work better.
This Ethernet All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.