What is involved in Collaborative Enterprise Architecture
Find out what the related areas are that Collaborative Enterprise Architecture connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Collaborative Enterprise Architecture thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Collaborative Enterprise Architecture journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Collaborative Enterprise Architecture leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Collaborative Enterprise Architecture related domains to cover and 304 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Collaborative Enterprise Architecture, Integrated Authority File, Risk management, Software design, Information system, United States Department of Defense, Function model, Watts Humphrey, Bertrand Meyer, Entity–relationship model, Data model, Peri Tarr, ISO/IEC 42010, United States Government, Enterprise Architecture framework, Jaap Schekkerman, Troux Technologies, Business optimization, Decision making, Digital workplace, Architecture of Integrated Information Systems, Knowledge management, Architecture of Interoperable Information Systems, Computer science, Danese Cooper, Enterprise Architect, Data store, Service Oriented Architecture, Programming paradigm, Formal methods, Regulatory compliance, BiZZdesign Architect, Information technology, User Experience Design, Sparx Systems, Volkswagen AG, Agile software development, Enterprise Life Cycle, Software archaeology, Organizational unit, Technology change, Extreme programming, Software quality assurance, Information model, Business architecture, Real Story Group, Federation of Enterprise Architecture Professional Organizations, Software maintenance, Evernden, Roger, IDS Scheer, QPR Software, Open-closed principle, Enterprise Unified Process, Systems engineering, Software prototyping, Enterprise architecture, Architectural pattern, MIT Center for Information Systems Research, Project management, Project portfolio management, MEGA International Srl., Software testing, Niklaus Wirth, Aspect-oriented software development, Service-oriented modeling, Information technology governance, Information Framework, Enterprise Architecture Planning, Independence Blue Cross, View model:
Collaborative Enterprise Architecture Critical Criteria:
Define Collaborative Enterprise Architecture planning and explore and align the progress in Collaborative Enterprise Architecture.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Collaborative Enterprise Architecture project manager?
– Can we do Collaborative Enterprise Architecture without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What are the business goals Collaborative Enterprise Architecture is aiming to achieve?
Integrated Authority File Critical Criteria:
Devise Integrated Authority File risks and develop and take control of the Integrated Authority File initiative.
– Do those selected for the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture team have a good general understanding of what Collaborative Enterprise Architecture is all about?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Collaborative Enterprise Architecture strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What are our Collaborative Enterprise Architecture Processes?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Scan Risk management tactics and slay a dragon.
– Senior management, the mission owners, knowing the potential risks and recommended controls, may ask, when and under what circumstances should I take action, do we have the answers?
– Has your organization conducted a cyber risk or vulnerability assessment of its information systems, control systems, and other networked systems?
– Does your Cybersecurity plan include recognition of critical facilities and/or cyber assets that are dependent upon IT or automated processing?
– What programs/projects/departments/groups have some or all responsibility for business continuity/Risk Management/organizational resilience?
– How can you start to build to a position of trust and risk management when setting up cloud computing for your organization?
– Is the organization updating critical Risk Management documents based on ongoing monitoring activities?
– In your opinion, how effective is your company at conducting the risk management activities?
– Has the company experienced an increase in the number of Cybersecurity breaches?
– What is our approach to Risk Management in the specific area of social media?
– Do you have a defined operating model with dedicated resources for IT risk?
– When you need advice about enterprise Risk Management, whom do you call?
– How can our organization build its capabilities for IT Risk Management?
– What are the requirements for information availability and integrity?
– How will investment in ITRM be distributed in the next 12 months?
– How effective are the risk reporting and monitoring procedures?
– Can users share data with the expectation of uniform protection?
– Why maintain a Risk Management program?
– Should there be a plan in place?
– What Are We Protecting?
Software design Critical Criteria:
Adapt Software design tactics and slay a dragon.
– Consider your own Collaborative Enterprise Architecture project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Collaborative Enterprise Architecture objectives?
– Does our organization need more Collaborative Enterprise Architecture education?
Information system Critical Criteria:
Administer Information system tasks and mentor Information system customer orientation.
– Have we developed a continuous monitoring strategy for the information systems (including monitoring of security control effectiveness for system-specific, hybrid, and common controls) that reflects the organizational Risk Management strategy and organizational commitment to protecting critical missions and business functions?
– On what terms should a manager of information systems evolution and maintenance provide service and support to the customers of information systems evolution and maintenance?
– Are information security events and weaknesses associated with information systems communicated in a manner to allow timely corrective action to be taken?
– Would an information systems (is) group with more knowledge about a data production process produce better quality data for data consumers?
– Does Collaborative Enterprise Architecture systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Are information systems and the services of information systems things of value that have suppliers and customers?
– What does the customer get from the information systems performance, and on what does that depend, and when?
– What are the principal business applications (i.e. information systems available from staff PC desktops)?
– Why Learn About Security, Privacy, and Ethical Issues in Information Systems and the Internet?
– How important is Collaborative Enterprise Architecture to the user organizations mission?
– Is unauthorized access to information held in information systems prevented?
– What does integrity ensure in an information system?
– How are our information systems developed ?
– Is security an integral part of information systems?
United States Department of Defense Critical Criteria:
Match United States Department of Defense tactics and balance specific methods for improving United States Department of Defense results.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Collaborative Enterprise Architecture? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How will you know that the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture project has been successful?
Function model Critical Criteria:
Apply Function model goals and slay a dragon.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture processes of our organization?
– What are internal and external Collaborative Enterprise Architecture relations?
– Why is Collaborative Enterprise Architecture important for you now?
Watts Humphrey Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Watts Humphrey strategies and create Watts Humphrey explanations for all managers.
– How can you negotiate Collaborative Enterprise Architecture successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Who sets the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture standards?
– Why should we adopt a Collaborative Enterprise Architecture framework?
Bertrand Meyer Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Bertrand Meyer strategies and find answers.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Collaborative Enterprise Architecture opportunities costing us money?
– How do we go about Comparing Collaborative Enterprise Architecture approaches/solutions?
Entity–relationship model Critical Criteria:
Trace Entity–relationship model goals and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Entity–relationship model.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Collaborative Enterprise Architecture processes?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Collaborative Enterprise Architecture services/products?
– What are the long-term Collaborative Enterprise Architecture goals?
Data model Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Data model planning and arbitrate Data model techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Collaborative Enterprise Architecture project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture project lifecycle?
– Can we add value to the current Collaborative Enterprise Architecture decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What are the data model, data definitions, structure, and hosting options of purchased applications (COTS)?
– What is the physical data model definition (derived from logical data models) used to design the database?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture effort?
– Physical data model available?
– Logical data model available?
Peri Tarr Critical Criteria:
Understand Peri Tarr quality and overcome Peri Tarr skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Collaborative Enterprise Architecture forward?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Collaborative Enterprise Architecture project?
– Why are Collaborative Enterprise Architecture skills important?
ISO/IEC 42010 Critical Criteria:
Read up on ISO/IEC 42010 goals and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough ISO/IEC 42010 results.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Collaborative Enterprise Architecture process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture process available?
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Collaborative Enterprise Architecture project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Does the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture task fit the clients priorities?
United States Government Critical Criteria:
Contribute to United States Government failures and gather United States Government models .
– Is maximizing Collaborative Enterprise Architecture protection the same as minimizing Collaborative Enterprise Architecture loss?
– Do the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Enterprise Architecture framework Critical Criteria:
Check Enterprise Architecture framework leadership and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Enterprise Architecture framework projects.
– Is Collaborative Enterprise Architecture Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Jaap Schekkerman Critical Criteria:
Own Jaap Schekkerman outcomes and know what your objective is.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Collaborative Enterprise Architecture leader?
– How is the value delivered by Collaborative Enterprise Architecture being measured?
Troux Technologies Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Troux Technologies issues and gather Troux Technologies models .
– What is the source of the strategies for Collaborative Enterprise Architecture strengthening and reform?
Business optimization Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Business optimization visions and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Business optimization.
– Does Collaborative Enterprise Architecture include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Which customers cant participate in our Collaborative Enterprise Architecture domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Is the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Decision making Critical Criteria:
Align Decision making decisions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Decision making results.
– Is there a timely attempt to prepare people for technological and organizational changes, e.g., through personnel management, training, or participatory decision making?
– Is Collaborative Enterprise Architecture dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What kind of processes and tools could serve both the vertical and horizontal analysis and decision making?
– What s the protocol for interaction, decision making, project management?
– What role do analysts play in the decision making process?
– Who will be involved in the decision making process?
– Are the data needed for corporate decision making?
Digital workplace Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Digital workplace outcomes and plan concise Digital workplace education.
– How do we measure improved Collaborative Enterprise Architecture service perception, and satisfaction?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Collaborative Enterprise Architecture processes?
Architecture of Integrated Information Systems Critical Criteria:
Infer Architecture of Integrated Information Systems tasks and create a map for yourself.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Collaborative Enterprise Architecture objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Is the scope of Collaborative Enterprise Architecture defined?
Knowledge management Critical Criteria:
Consider Knowledge management leadership and research ways can we become the Knowledge management company that would put us out of business.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Collaborative Enterprise Architecture workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Collaborative Enterprise Architecture, including any consulting or professional services?
– What are the best practices in knowledge management for IT Service management ITSM?
– How do we manage Collaborative Enterprise Architecture Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What best practices in knowledge management for Service management do we use?
– How to Secure Collaborative Enterprise Architecture?
– When is Knowledge Management Measured?
– How is Knowledge Management Measured?
Architecture of Interoperable Information Systems Critical Criteria:
Grasp Architecture of Interoperable Information Systems risks and forecast involvement of future Architecture of Interoperable Information Systems projects in development.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Collaborative Enterprise Architecture into the services that we provide?
Computer science Critical Criteria:
Confer over Computer science governance and balance specific methods for improving Computer science results.
Danese Cooper Critical Criteria:
Survey Danese Cooper risks and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Danese Cooper projects.
– Is there any existing Collaborative Enterprise Architecture governance structure?
– How can we improve Collaborative Enterprise Architecture?
Enterprise Architect Critical Criteria:
Administer Enterprise Architect risks and mentor Enterprise Architect customer orientation.
– What are the key elements of your Collaborative Enterprise Architecture performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– What are our needs in relation to Collaborative Enterprise Architecture skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Which Collaborative Enterprise Architecture goals are the most important?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– How do enterprise architects use the Zachman Framework?
– What skills are specific to Enterprise Architect role?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Data store Critical Criteria:
Unify Data store engagements and report on setting up Data store without losing ground.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Collaborative Enterprise Architecture product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Can we describe the data architecture and relationship between key variables. for example, are data stored in a spreadsheet with one row for each person/entity, a relational database, or some other format?
– Does the software provide fast query performance, either via its own fast in-memory software or by directly connecting to fast data stores?
– Structured versus unstructured: How is the data stored to enable the organization to access and manage the data in the future?
– Does the user have permission to synchronize to the offline data store?
– How does the customer check on the integrity of the data stored there?
– Is sensitive cardholder data stored in cookies secured or encrypted?
Service Oriented Architecture Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Service Oriented Architecture governance and look in other fields.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Collaborative Enterprise Architecture information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– In what ways are Collaborative Enterprise Architecture vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Collaborative Enterprise Architecture Management?
Programming paradigm Critical Criteria:
Unify Programming paradigm engagements and explore and align the progress in Programming paradigm.
– How do we Lead with Collaborative Enterprise Architecture in Mind?
Formal methods Critical Criteria:
Consult on Formal methods goals and look in other fields.
– Are there Collaborative Enterprise Architecture problems defined?
Regulatory compliance Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Regulatory compliance visions and reduce Regulatory compliance costs.
– In the case of public clouds, will the hosting service provider meet their regulatory compliance requirements?
– Regulatory compliance: Is the cloud vendor willing to undergo external audits and/or security certifications?
– How likely is the current Collaborative Enterprise Architecture plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What is Regulatory Compliance ?
BiZZdesign Architect Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about BiZZdesign Architect outcomes and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling BiZZdesign Architect projects.
– What are all of our Collaborative Enterprise Architecture domains and what do they do?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Trace Information technology decisions and maintain Information technology for success.
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Collaborative Enterprise Architecture activities?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
– How do we keep improving Collaborative Enterprise Architecture?
User Experience Design Critical Criteria:
Study User Experience Design quality and probe User Experience Design strategic alliances.
– What is the difference between information architecture and user experience design?
– Are accountability and ownership for Collaborative Enterprise Architecture clearly defined?
– Agile-User Experience Design: With or Without a Usability Expert in the Team?
– Do we have past Collaborative Enterprise Architecture Successes?
Sparx Systems Critical Criteria:
Define Sparx Systems strategies and pay attention to the small things.
– How would one define Collaborative Enterprise Architecture leadership?
Volkswagen AG Critical Criteria:
Study Volkswagen AG goals and tour deciding if Volkswagen AG progress is made.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Collaborative Enterprise Architecture goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Collaborative Enterprise Architecture leaders?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Agile software development adoptions and budget for Agile software development challenges.
– Much of the agile advice is oriented towards small teams of up to ten people, who are either co-located or near located, who have ready access to their primary stakeholders, and who are working on software that can be easily organized into a series of small releases. What about large teams?
– Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– How do you take an approach like CMM that is heavily about management control and measurement and make it light on its feet?
– Is it important to have a very detailed specification and design before moving to implementation?
– Is our organization clear about the relationship between agile software development and DevOps?
– Are there cultural or organizational issues that may affect the system development?
– How do you know when the software will be finished if theres no up-front plan?
– What is your favorite project managment interview question?
– How could principles be more precisely measured or valued?
– Regulated Backward Compatibility and Version Numbering?
– Are there SaaS tools for allocating workers to tasks?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
– So what do your developers do differently in agile?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– What have you completed since yesterday?
– How do Agile projects prioritize work?
– What is Scale and Why Manage It?
– How good are our agile methods?
– Have we Adopted Agile?
– What is Agility ?
Enterprise Life Cycle Critical Criteria:
Coach on Enterprise Life Cycle decisions and summarize a clear Enterprise Life Cycle focus.
– Do Collaborative Enterprise Architecture rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Software archaeology Critical Criteria:
Mix Software archaeology tactics and cater for concise Software archaeology education.
Organizational unit Critical Criteria:
Study Organizational unit planning and handle a jump-start course to Organizational unit.
– Does your department or organizational unit manage or support computing resources (data bases, hardware, web pages, etc.) that are used by people that access those resources from outside your department?
– Can people access the computing equipment used by your department or organizational unit through the internet, through dial-up access, or from network devices outside your department?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture process?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Collaborative Enterprise Architecture been identified and analyzed?
– Have all basic functions of Collaborative Enterprise Architecture been defined?
– Is Collaborative Enterprise Architecture Required?
– Which organizational units affected?
Technology change Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Technology change visions and learn.
Extreme programming Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Extreme programming strategies and separate what are the business goals Extreme programming is aiming to achieve.
– Among the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
Software quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Software quality assurance issues and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Software quality assurance information.
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– Does Collaborative Enterprise Architecture appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Information model Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Information model adoptions and plan concise Information model education.
– Has the semantic relationship between information elements been identified based on the information models and classification schemes?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Collaborative Enterprise Architecture?
– Who needs to know about Collaborative Enterprise Architecture ?
Business architecture Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Business architecture governance and intervene in Business architecture processes and leadership.
– Think about the people you identified for your Collaborative Enterprise Architecture project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How do we go about Securing Collaborative Enterprise Architecture?
Real Story Group Critical Criteria:
See the value of Real Story Group quality and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Real Story Group services.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Collaborative Enterprise Architecture models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What are the usability implications of Collaborative Enterprise Architecture actions?
Federation of Enterprise Architecture Professional Organizations Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Federation of Enterprise Architecture Professional Organizations governance and look in other fields.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Collaborative Enterprise Architecture?
– How do we know that any Collaborative Enterprise Architecture analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What is our Collaborative Enterprise Architecture Strategy?
Software maintenance Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Software maintenance planning and probe the present value of growth of Software maintenance.
– If the path forward waits until a new generation of devices essentially replaces an old generation of devices which could be somewhere between 5 and 15 years, what does the path forward look like for the legacy devices and their software maintenance?
– Does Collaborative Enterprise Architecture analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How can the value of Collaborative Enterprise Architecture be defined?
Evernden, Roger Critical Criteria:
Canvass Evernden, Roger issues and balance specific methods for improving Evernden, Roger results.
– Is Supporting Collaborative Enterprise Architecture documentation required?
– How much does Collaborative Enterprise Architecture help?
IDS Scheer Critical Criteria:
Dissect IDS Scheer projects and devote time assessing IDS Scheer and its risk.
QPR Software Critical Criteria:
Set goals for QPR Software tasks and get the big picture.
Open-closed principle Critical Criteria:
Examine Open-closed principle results and test out new things.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture requirements in detail?
– What is Effective Collaborative Enterprise Architecture?
Enterprise Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Enterprise Unified Process results and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Enterprise Unified Process projects.
– In the case of a Collaborative Enterprise Architecture project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Collaborative Enterprise Architecture project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Collaborative Enterprise Architecture project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What are the barriers to increased Collaborative Enterprise Architecture production?
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Systems engineering visions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Systems engineering.
– If you had to recreate the system at a certain state in its life cycle or duplicate the deployed system in the test lab to check out a fault, would you have all of the configuration data and documentation version information you would need to do so?
– How do we achieve sufficient predictability in developing the system so as to enable meaningful costed and time-bounded, resourced plans to be formed?
– How much testing is necessary in order to expose all the potential failure modes and situations of highly integrated complex systems?
– How will we know when our design effort has produced a solution which will satisfy the objectives within the constraints?
– Is sufficient schedule time allocated to allow for dependencies on commercial off-the-shelf cots product deliveries?
– How to manage the complexity to permit us to answer questions, such as: when have we done enough?
– How are you going to know that the system is performing correctly once it is operational?
– Does management understand principles and concepts of system engineering?
– Why has systems engineering emerged as a distinct discipline?
– Are the requirements mapped to one or more user needs?
– How will functionality be verified and validated?
– What solution options may be appropriate?
– Is there a commitment from the top down?
– How do we compare with the competition?
– How much systems engineering is enough?
– How will we know when we are done?
– How much architecting is enough?
– Is the schedule too aggressive?
– Right implementation?
– Right business case?
Software prototyping Critical Criteria:
Consult on Software prototyping quality and document what potential Software prototyping megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– How do we Improve Collaborative Enterprise Architecture service perception, and satisfaction?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Participate in Enterprise architecture leadership and figure out ways to motivate other Enterprise architecture users.
– Is a Collaborative Enterprise Architecture Team Work effort in place?
Architectural pattern Critical Criteria:
Adapt Architectural pattern goals and describe the risks of Architectural pattern sustainability.
– For your Collaborative Enterprise Architecture project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
MIT Center for Information Systems Research Critical Criteria:
Probe MIT Center for Information Systems Research strategies and figure out ways to motivate other MIT Center for Information Systems Research users.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What are current Collaborative Enterprise Architecture Paradigms?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Project management failures and overcome Project management skills and management ineffectiveness.
– There is lots of discussion about the role of a project manager; whether a project manager is needed in the agile world or not. How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– How do you merge agile, lightweight processes with standard industrial processes without either killing agility or undermining the years youve spent defining and refining your systems and software process assets?
– What of the risk of rework if initial architecture work overlooks what turns out to be critical? what is the probability of this happening?
– Which existing processes, tools and templates for executing projects can be applied to the agile project management framework?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– How could a new product or service be developed in this century without Agile Project Management?
– Justification: what are your research questions and how do you motivate them?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office (PMO)?
– What is the role of Project Management Body of Knowledge?
– So, how does the agile project management model work?
– How familiar are we with Agile project management?
– How do we minimize impact and cost?
– Velocity -how fast are we going?
– Agile Management an oxymoron?
– What is the cost of change?
– Needs project management?
– What is scrum?
Project portfolio management Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Project portfolio management projects and pay attention to the small things.
– What is project portfolio management?
MEGA International Srl. Critical Criteria:
Grasp MEGA International Srl. planning and test out new things.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Collaborative Enterprise Architecture ?
Software testing Critical Criteria:
Participate in Software testing risks and document what potential Software testing megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
Niklaus Wirth Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Niklaus Wirth decisions and look at it backwards.
Aspect-oriented software development Critical Criteria:
Administer Aspect-oriented software development tactics and get the big picture.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture process?
Service-oriented modeling Critical Criteria:
Focus on Service-oriented modeling governance and catalog Service-oriented modeling activities.
Information technology governance Critical Criteria:
Devise Information technology governance management and document what potential Information technology governance megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
Information Framework Critical Criteria:
Detail Information Framework engagements and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Information Framework.
– what is the best design framework for Collaborative Enterprise Architecture organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
Enterprise Architecture Planning Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Enterprise Architecture Planning projects and correct better engagement with Enterprise Architecture Planning results.
– What business benefits will Collaborative Enterprise Architecture goals deliver if achieved?
Independence Blue Cross Critical Criteria:
Rank Independence Blue Cross governance and customize techniques for implementing Independence Blue Cross controls.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Collaborative Enterprise Architecture process?
View model Critical Criteria:
Examine View model tactics and mentor View model customer orientation.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Collaborative Enterprise Architecture?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Collaborative Enterprise Architecture agendas for the next 3 years?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Collaborative Enterprise Architecture Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Collaborative Enterprise Architecture External links:
Collaborative Enterprise Architecture – Kobo.com
Collaborative Enterprise Architecture – ScienceDirect
Chapter 1 – Why Collaborative Enterprise Architecture?
Integrated Authority File External links:
MEDLARS indexing integrated authority file: chemical section
Integrated Authority File Facts for Kids | KidzSearch.com
Integrated Authority File – iSnare Free Encyclopedia
Risk management External links:
JBP | Integrated weather risk management
Driver Risk Management Solutions | AlertDriving
Energy Edge | Risk Management | Energy Market Analysis
Software design External links:
Custom Software Design & Development | FrogSlayer
VPository – Software Design in the Cloud
Virtual Genius LLC :: Software Design Consultancy
Information system External links:
StrongMind – Education Platform – Student Information System
IRIS – Welcome to the Incident Reporting Information System
Longines – Customer Information System
United States Department of Defense External links:
United States Department of Defense News
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE ENROUTE CHART …
United States Department of Defense – Official Site
Function model External links:
Discrete transfer function model – MSE – MyWebPages
Watts Humphrey External links:
Watts Humphrey | Facebook
Watts Humphrey | Cutter Consortium
Watts Humphrey | Cutter Consortium
Bertrand Meyer External links:
Bertrand Meyer | Facebook
Data model External links:
Object Data Model – Gartner IT Glossary
Call Center Dashboard & Data Model Template | Sisense
What is data modeling? Webopedia Definition
ISO/IEC 42010 External links:
NEN-ISO/IEC 42010:2007 en – NEN
ISO/IEC 42010 | Control Chain Group
Standard: SEPT – ISO/IEC 42010 CHECKLIST*
United States Government External links:
United States Government Warning
The United States Government Manual
United States Government The Executive Branch – YouTube
Enterprise Architecture framework External links:
The Oracle Enterprise Architecture Framework
Enterprise Architecture Framework TOGAF – YouTube
Enterprise Architecture Framework – EA Conference Sydney
Business optimization External links:
Home | KFL applied consulting in business optimization
Home: iSimutron – Business Optimization Solutions
Insight to Action:A Social Approach to Business Optimization
Decision making External links:
Involving Children in Decision Making – NCAC Archive
Supported Decision making : advokit-ndis
Decision making in Nursing – YouTube
Digital workplace External links:
HBF – Digital Workplace – Diversus
Speakers – The Digital Workplace Conference NZ
Proteus | Digital Workplace Cloud Artificial Intelligence
Architecture of Integrated Information Systems External links:
ARIS – Architecture of Integrated Information Systems
ARIS – (Architecture of Integrated Information Systems)
Architecture of Integrated Information Systems – YouTube
Knowledge management External links:
KCenter: Knowledge management solutions
Extractives Hub | Knowledge Management Program
Spoke · Intelligent ticketing and knowledge management
Architecture of Interoperable Information Systems External links:
Architecture of Interoperable Information Systems – WOW.com
Computer science External links:
Computer Science | School of Engineering
National Computer Science School – Summer School
Danese Cooper External links:
Danese Cooper (@DivaDanese) | Twitter
Enterprise Architect External links:
Enterprise Architect – Download
Enterprise Architecture Member Certifications
Merlin & Company | Enterprise Architect
Data store External links:
Operational Data Store – ODS – Gartner Tech Definitions
When is it GOOD to clear the data store? | Riverbed Splash
Service Oriented Architecture External links:
Service Oriented Architecture | SOA | Epicor
Solutions for SOA | Service Oriented Architecture | MuleSoft
What is Middleware? Service Oriented Architecture Explained
Programming paradigm External links:
Learning Programming Paradigm in Sarawak – Home | Facebook
A SPREADSHEET PROGRAMMING PARADIGM SHIFT
5.4 Structured Programming Paradigm – YouTube
Formal methods External links:
Formal Methods – Carnegie Mellon University
Formal Methods in Software Engineering: Hoare Logic
Fact sheet – Formal methods of performance management
Regulatory compliance External links:
Quality & Regulatory Compliance Staffing Agency
Legal and Regulatory Compliance | Dell Australia
Regulatory Compliance testing and certification
BiZZdesign Architect External links:
TOGAF ADM in BiZZdesign Architect – YouTube
Information technology External links:
FITT – Females in Information Technology & Telecommunications
Information Technology Services (ITS) – Flinders University
Techopedia – Where Information Technology and Business Meet
User Experience Design External links:
Online User Experience Design Course with Mentors
RICO: User Experience Design and Software Engineering
Service Design & User Experience Design Agency | Spotless
Sparx Systems External links:
Sparx Systems Pty Ltd ABN 38085034546 | ABN Check
Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect User Group – Google+
Sparx Systems – YouTube
Volkswagen AG External links:
Volkswagen AG, VOW3:GER summary – FT.com
Volkswagen AG – Financial Times
Volkswagen AG: ETR:VOW3 quotes & news – Google Finance
Agile software development External links:
Agile Software Development Company | Techifide
AOE: Agile Software Development & Technology Provider | AOE
JIRA Agile software development tools – Tempo
Enterprise Life Cycle External links:
The Enterprise Life Cycle: Are You Too Late to Change?
Software archaeology External links:
Digging code: Software Archaeology – TechRepublic
Software Archaeology | CSIAC
JNOS | Software Archaeology
Organizational unit External links:
Create a New Organizational Unit – technet.microsoft.com
What is ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT – Black’s Law Dictionary
What is organizational unit (OU)? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Technology change External links:
Can Technology Change Education? Yes!: Raj Dhingra at | TED-Ed
Technology change – BusNews.com.au
The Technology Change Book
Extreme programming External links:
Extreme Programming in the University – OPUS at UTS: Home
Scrum, Scrumban and Extreme Programming | Intland Software
Extreme Programming – Lessons Learned
Software quality assurance External links:
Software Quality Assurance SQA Practice – Consulting
Software Quality Assurance & Testing Stack Exchange
Software Quality Assurance Engineer – fcscs.com
Information model External links:
6.3 Contact Information Model ES-3 – Enviroswim
DAD | System Information Model
QUT | Airports of the Future | Airport Information Model
Business architecture External links:
Applied Business Architecture – DDLS
Business Architecture Center of Excellence
Capstera Business Architecture Software
Real Story Group External links:
Real Story Group | Reviews & Information| CabinetM
Real Story Group – Home | Facebook
Software maintenance External links:
Timetabling – Software Maintenance (SMA)
Multiven | software maintenance for all Internet networks
Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA) | simPRO Australia
IDS Scheer External links:
IDS Scheer AG: Company Profile – Bloomberg
IDS Scheer – CIO
Software AG Acquires IDS Scheer To Round Out Full BPM Suite
QPR Software External links:
QPR1V:Helsinki Stock Quote – QPR Software OYJ
QPR Software – YouTube
QPR Software – Google+
Open-closed principle External links:
Golang — Open-Closed Principle – acoshift
OCP: The Open-Closed Principle by Robert C. Martin
Enterprise Unified Process External links:
Enterprise Unified Process (EUP) Site Map
Systems engineering External links:
Timothy Gruber’s Blog – IT Systems Engineering
Portal :: International Systems Engineering
Innoslate | PLM and Systems Engineering Tools
Software prototyping External links:
Software Prototyping Services. Prototype Development
What is Software Prototyping? – tutorialspoint.com
dsdm | Software Development Process | Software Prototyping
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture Symposium | CAUDIT
Enterprise architecture and modeling tool | Avolutions ABACUS
Enterprise Architecture – Division of Information Technology
Architectural pattern External links:
Architectural Pattern – Home | Facebook
Architectural Pattern by Alexandra N Kurek – issuu
Part 3 – The MVC Architectural Pattern – YouTube
MIT Center for Information Systems Research External links:
MIT Center for Information Systems Research – 7wData
MIT Center for Information Systems Research
MIT Center for Information Systems Research – WOW.com
Project management External links:
FORMA GROUP | Melbourne | Carpentry and Project Management
KanbanFlow – Lean project management. Simplified.
International Centre for Complex Project Management
Project portfolio management External links:
Using project portfolio management to improve business value
Cora Systems: Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Software
Control+ A project portfolio management solution
MEGA International Srl. External links:
Software testing External links:
PractiTest: Software Testing & QA Test Management Tools
Tricentis Academy: Software Testing Training Courses
Software Testing Tools & Test Management Software | Zephyr
Niklaus Wirth External links:
Niklaus Wirth on Teaching Computer Science – YouTube
Aspect-oriented software development External links:
Aspect-Oriented Software Development | StickyMinds
Aspect-Oriented Software Development and Software Process
A Model Curriculum for Aspect-Oriented Software Development
Service-oriented modeling External links:
Service-Oriented Modeling and Architecture (SOMA) – YouTube
Service-Oriented Modeling Framework (SOMF) Overview
Service-oriented modeling and architecture – immagic.com
Information technology governance External links:
QUT – MOPP – F/1.7 Information Technology Governance Committee
Information Framework External links:
Information Framework (SID) – TM Forum
The Rural Health Information Framework
Artificial Intelligence Knowledge Information Framework
Enterprise Architecture Planning External links:
Enterprise Architecture Planning (EA) | CIO Index
Frazer Walker Enterprise Architecture Planning
Independence Blue Cross External links:
Worksite Well-being | Independence Blue Cross
In Focus Blog | Independence Blue Cross Foundation
Independence Blue Cross – Home | Facebook
View model External links:
A view model represents the data that you want to display on your view/page, whether it be used for static text or for input values (like textboxes and dropdown lists) that can be added to the database (or edited). It is something different than your domain model. It is a model for the view.
Pine View Model United Nations