Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical National Support Teams Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any National Support Teams related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated National Support Teams specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the National Support Teams Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which National Support Teams improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the standard requirements:
- Think about the people you identified for your National Support Teams project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
- How do we maintain National Support Teams’s Integrity?
- Is the National Support Teams process severely broken such that a re-design is necessary?
- Is the solution cost-effective?
- How will input, process, and output variables be checked to detect for sub-optimal conditions?
- How are measurements made?
- How will we know that a change is improvement?
- What was the last experiment we ran?
- How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of National Support Teams into the services that we provide?
- How do we measure risk?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the National Support Teams book in PDF containing requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your National Support Teams self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the National Support Teams Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which National Support Teams areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough National Support Teams Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage National Support Teams projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step National Support Teams Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 National Support Teams project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Probability and Impact Assessment: Have top software and customer managers formally committed to support the National Support Teams project?
- Cost Management Plan: Change types and category – What are the types of changes and what are the techniques to report and control changes?
- Activity Cost Estimates: What cost data should be used to estimate costs during the 2-year follow-up period?
- Assumption and Constraint Log: Are there procedures in place to effectively manage interdependencies with other National Support Teams projects / systems?
- Risk Audit: What are the risks that could stop us from achieving our objectives?
- Probability and Impact Matrix: Is the technology to be built new to your organization?
- Procurement Audit: Is the appropriate procurement approach being chosen (considering for example the possibility of contracting out work or procuring low value items through a specific low cost procuring system)?
- Quality Audit: What does the organizarion look for in a Quality audit?
- Scope Management Plan: Who is responsible for monitoring the National Support Teams project scope to ensure the National Support Teams project remains within the scope baseline?
- Procurement Audit: Which contracts have been awarded for works, supply of products or provision of services?
Step-by-step and complete National Support Teams Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 National Support Teams project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 National Support Teams project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 National Support Teams project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 National Support Teams project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 National Support Teams project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 National Support Teams project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any National Support Teams project with this in-depth National Support Teams Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose National Support Teams projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in National Support Teams and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make National Support Teams investments work better.
This National Support Teams All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.