Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Patch Management Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Patch Management related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Patch Management specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Patch Management Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 807 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Patch Management improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 807 standard requirements:
- Have the it security cost for the any investment/project been integrated in to the overall cost including (c&a/re-accreditation, system security plan, risk assessment, privacy impact assessment, configuration/patch management, security control testing and evaluation, and contingency planning/testing)?
- Does the firewall software patch management process include who is responsible, patch management notification process, documentation requirements, etc.?
- What percentage of the organizations servers have their applications automatically inventoried by the enterprise patch management technologies?
- Has a viable plan been designed to maintain the server properly, (including consistent regular patching of the os and all applications)?
- What percentage of the organizations desktops and laptops are being covered by the enterprise patch management technologies?
- How many waivers have been granted for weaknesses that could not be remediated by implementing patches or work-arounds?
- Even if you manage to install every patch you know about, what about the vulnerabilities that havent been patched yet?
- Has the os been properly installed and configured and all relevant security patches and anti-virus software applied?
- Does the Anti-Virus program on each workstation and laptop receive virus signature updates automatically?
- How does your procedure for patching facilitate nondisruptive operation of your software applications?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Patch Management book in PDF containing 807 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your Patch Management self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Patch Management Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Patch Management areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Patch Management Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Patch Management projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Patch Management Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 Patch Management project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Change Management Plan: Identify the current level of skills and knowledge and behaviours of the group that will be impacted on. What prerequisite knowledge do these groups need?
- Activity Cost Estimates: Will you use any tools, such as Patch Management project management software, to assist in capturing Earned Value metrics?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Does a process exist for approving or rejecting changes?
- Scope Management Plan: Have the personnel with the necessary skills and competence been identified and has agreement for their participation in the Patch Management project been reached with the appropriate management?
- Requirements Documentation: The problem with gathering requirements is right there in the word gathering. What images does it conjure?
- Cost Estimating Worksheet: Who is best positioned to know and assist in identifying such factors?
- Executing Process Group: What are crucial elements of successful Patch Management project plan execution?
- Project Charter: How will you learn more about the process or system youre trying to improve?
- Lessons Learned: How effective was the documentation that you received with the Patch Management project product/service?
- Procurement Audit: Were exclusion causes duly considered before the actual evaluation of tenders?
Step-by-step and complete Patch Management Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Patch Management project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Patch Management project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Patch Management project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Patch Management project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Patch Management project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Patch Management project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Patch Management project with this in-depth Patch Management Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Patch Management projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Patch Management and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Patch Management investments work better.
This Patch Management All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.