Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Special Services Wing Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Special Services Wing related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Special Services Wing specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Special Services Wing Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 695 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Special Services Wing improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 695 standard requirements:
- What does Special Services Wing success mean to the stakeholders?
- Who is On the Team?
- What are our best practices for minimizing Special Services Wing project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Special Services Wing project lifecycle?
- Is long term and short term variability accounted for?
- What training and capacity building actions are needed to implement proposed reforms?
- If you had to rebuild your organization without any traditional competitive advantages (i.e., no killer a technology, promising research, innovative product/service delivery model, etc.), how would your people have to approach their work and collaborate together in order to create the necessary conditions for success?
- What are specific Special Services Wing Rules to follow?
- Are possible solutions generated and tested?
- How do you improve your likelihood of success ?
- Who will determine interim and final deadlines?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Special Services Wing book in PDF containing 695 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your Special Services Wing self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Special Services Wing Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Special Services Wing areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Special Services Wing Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Special Services Wing projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Special Services Wing Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 Special Services Wing project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Quality Audit: How does the organization know that its staff have appropriate access to a fair and effective grievance process?
- Schedule Management Plan: What will be the final cost of the Special Services Wing project if status quo is maintained?
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix: Budgets assigned to major functional organizations?
- Quality Management Plan: How does your organization recruit, hire, and retain new employees?
- Quality Audit: How does the organization know that it is appropriately effective and constructive in preparing its staff for their organizational aspirations?
- Procurement Audit: Were any additional works or deliveries admissible, without recourse to a new procurement procedure?
- Scope Management Plan: Are the proposed Special Services Wing project purposes different than the previously authorized Special Services Wing project?
- Risk Register: Are there any knock-on effects/impact on any of the other areas?
- Team Performance Assessment: Can team performance be reliably measured in simulator and live exercises using the same assessment tool?
- Scope Management Plan: Has appropriate allowance been made for the effect of the learning curve on all personnel joining the Special Services Wing project who do not have the required prior industry, functional & technical expertise?
Step-by-step and complete Special Services Wing Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Special Services Wing project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Special Services Wing project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Special Services Wing project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Special Services Wing project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Special Services Wing project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Special Services Wing project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Special Services Wing project with this in-depth Special Services Wing Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Special Services Wing projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Special Services Wing and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Special Services Wing investments work better.
This Special Services Wing All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.