What is involved in Agile
Find out what the related areas are that Agile connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Agile thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Agile Unified Process journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Agile Unified Process leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Agile related domains to cover and 100 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Agile, AIM-95 Agile, Agile Communications, Agile Project Management, Agile Property, Agile Software Corporation, Agile construction, Agile manufacturing, Agile software development, Agility, Association of Geographic Information Laboratories for Europe, Chevrolet Agile, HMS Agile, Mega Man X2, Project AGILE, USS Agile, Wallis WA-116 Agile:
Agile Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Agile engagements and triple focus on important concepts of Agile relationship management.
– Scrums productivity stems from doing the right things first and doing those things very effectively. The product owner queues up the right work by prioritizing the product backlog. How does the team maximize its productivity, though?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– How Do Practitioners Integrate Usability Engineering in Software Development?
– Do we value Individuals and interactions over processes and tools?
– What are the best-practices for creating a good User Experience?
– Have we developed requirements for agile software development?
– So, how does the agile project management model work?
– What are the most important tasks of UX Specialists?
– How can a conceptual agile framework be developed?
– Are the pms ready to execute agile projects?
– Are we ready to execute an agile project?
– Does your team use Agile Methodology?
– Do our projects finish in the stated timeframe?
– Stand-up meeting time and format?
– Iteration zero: Who is involved?
– What type of office space will we pay for?
– How long have we been using Agile?
– What is agile anyways?
– How will we run the project?
– How are requirements coming?
AIM-95 Agile Critical Criteria:
Derive from AIM-95 Agile tasks and triple focus on important concepts of AIM-95 Agile relationship management.
– Consider your own Agile project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What are specific Agile Rules to follow?
– Are there Agile Models?
Agile Communications Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Agile Communications results and finalize specific methods for Agile Communications acceptance.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Agile strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Agile processes?
– What about Agile Analysis of results?
Agile Project Management Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Agile Project Management leadership and observe effective Agile Project Management.
– When we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Originally, agile project management required collocated teams. How could a new product or service be developed in the 21st century without them?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Agile process?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– Exactly how does one go about adapting the agile project management model for collocated teams to virtual ones?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– Will the metrics and measurement techniques to determine project success (or failure) need to change?
– How will the existing culture and organizational structure be impacted by agile project management?
– What did you accomplish yesterday, what will you do today, and what impediments are getting in your way?
– To what extent are agile and traditional project management techniques mutually exclusive?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– Which individual role is responsible for all aspects of the delivery of the solution?
– What is important in the kick-off meeting to enable feedback and learning?
– How do we minimize impact and cost?
– Velocity -how fast are we going?
– what is causing us to be behind?
– When does a project begin and end?
– What is scrum?
Agile Property Critical Criteria:
Face Agile Property issues and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Agile Property.
– In the case of a Agile project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Agile project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Agile project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Agile? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
Agile Software Corporation Critical Criteria:
Consult on Agile Software Corporation strategies and report on developing an effective Agile Software Corporation strategy.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Agile is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Do the Agile decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How do we manage Agile Knowledge Management (KM)?
Agile construction Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Agile construction planning and change contexts.
– Does Agile include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What is our formula for success in Agile ?
Agile manufacturing Critical Criteria:
Steer Agile manufacturing failures and prioritize challenges of Agile manufacturing.
– Which customers cant participate in our Agile domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Agile into the services that we provide?
– What are our Agile Processes?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Recall Agile software development management and intervene in Agile software development processes and leadership.
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– Can working in an agile mode assist a corporate venture in achieving good results early, in starting business, and in bringing income for the parent company?
– How could agile approach be taken into consideration when recruiting personnel and allocating people into projects?
– How do agile methods support the principles of Agile Manifesto when using in-house software development methods?
– What kind of enabling and limiting factors can be found for the use of agile methods?
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– How good are the designers and programmers in the development team?
– Which is really software best practice, CMM or agile development?
– Will the broader project community be populated appropriately?
– What is your favorite project managment interview question?
– How can Trello be used as an Agile project management tool?
– What changes need to be made to agile development today?
– How Agile are Industrial Software Development Practices?
– So what do your developers do differently in agile?
– What have you completed since yesterday?
– What are you planning to complete today?
– How good are our agile methods?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
– How much modeling to do?
Agility Critical Criteria:
Examine Agility tactics and work towards be a leading Agility expert.
– When developing and capitalizing on IoT solutions, do we as owners consider the societal cost, systemic risk, and risk externality to avoid what may be called designer hubris. In other words, why add features when theyre not needed and contribute to the insecurity/fragility of the whole system?
– How do you merge agile, lightweight processes with standard industrial processes without either killing agility or undermining the years youve spent defining and refining your systems and software process assets?
– Do we obtain it performance reports illustrating the value of it from a business driver perspective (Customer Service, cost, agility, quality, etc.)?
– Do we ensure to not add features when theyre not needed and contribute to the insecurity/fragility of the whole system?
– Agility is Key to Industry Relevance. Major projects and initiatives realize their value only when delivered, so why wait?
– Is Agile dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Can Agility Work With a Waterfall Project Management Process in our Setting?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Agile been identified and analyzed?
– What are the short and long-term Agile goals?
– What is Agility ?
Association of Geographic Information Laboratories for Europe Critical Criteria:
Refer to Association of Geographic Information Laboratories for Europe outcomes and triple focus on important concepts of Association of Geographic Information Laboratories for Europe relationship management.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Agile is underway?
– What are the barriers to increased Agile production?
– How do we Improve Agile service perception, and satisfaction?
Chevrolet Agile Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Chevrolet Agile outcomes and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Chevrolet Agile projects.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Agile leader?
– Think of your Agile project. what are the main functions?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Agile Management?
HMS Agile Critical Criteria:
Reorganize HMS Agile results and correct HMS Agile management by competencies.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Agile project?
– Which Agile goals are the most important?
– What are internal and external Agile relations?
Mega Man X2 Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Mega Man X2 governance and gather practices for scaling Mega Man X2.
– Is the Agile organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Project AGILE Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Project AGILE results and triple focus on important concepts of Project AGILE relationship management.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Agile processes?
– Is Supporting Agile documentation required?
USS Agile Critical Criteria:
Confer over USS Agile tactics and finalize the present value of growth of USS Agile.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Agile process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Agile process available?
– Does our organization need more Agile education?
Wallis WA-116 Agile Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Wallis WA-116 Agile projects and triple focus on important concepts of Wallis WA-116 Agile relationship management.
– How do we measure improved Agile service perception, and satisfaction?
– What vendors make products that address the Agile needs?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Agile Unified Process Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information: