What is involved in Business agility
Find out what the related areas are that Business agility connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business agility thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business agility journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business agility leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business agility related domains to cover and 101 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business agility, Agile software development, Burning Man, Business system, Complex adaptive systems, Complex systems, Complexity, Complexity science, Dynamic decision making, Edge of chaos, Emergence, Enterprise architecture, Holacracy, International Standard Book Number, Model of hierarchical complexity, Organizational intelligence, Participatory organization, Self-organization, Self-organizing, Spontaneous order, W. L. Gore & Associates:
Business agility Critical Criteria:
Confer over Business agility issues and probe the present value of growth of Business agility.
– what is the best design framework for Business agility organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Business agility strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How do we manage Business agility Knowledge Management (KM)?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Unify Agile software development outcomes and get answers.
– When you are identifying the potential technical strategy(s) you have several process factors that you should address. As with initial scoping how much detail you go into when documenting the architecture, the views that you create, and your approach to modeling are important considerations. Furthermore, will you be considering one or more candidate architectures and what is your overall delivery strategy?
– Management buy-in is a concern. Many program managers are worried that upper-level management would ask for progress reports and productivity metrics that would be hard to gather in an Agile work environment. Management ignorance of Agile methodologies is also a worry. Will Agile advantages be able to overcome the well-known existing problems in software development?
– Can working in an agile mode assist a corporate venture in achieving good results early, in starting business, and in bringing income for the parent company?
– What if your business needs are still emerging and certain aspects of the system are rapidly changing or cannot be defined yet?
– How will nonfunctional requirements pertaining to availability, security, performance, and many other factors be addressed?
– How do agile methods support the principles of Agile Manifesto when using in-house software development methods?
– Does the organization have a distinct quality program that support continuous process improvement?
– What if any is the difference between Lean and Agile Software Development?
– Do we know the difference between lean and agile software development?
– How could principles be more precisely measured or valued?
– Regulated Backward Compatibility and Version Numbering?
– Are there SaaS tools for allocating workers to tasks?
– How could a more enhanced framework be developed?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
– What are you planning to complete today?
– What type of Experience is valuable?
– What threat is Business agility addressing?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What is Agility ?
Burning Man Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Burning Man goals and triple focus on important concepts of Burning Man relationship management.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Business agility process?
– What are the barriers to increased Business agility production?
– Why is Business agility important for you now?
Business system Critical Criteria:
Design Business system governance and customize techniques for implementing Business system controls.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Business agility does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Does Business agility systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Is Cybersecurity integrated between business systems and control systems?
– How will you know that the Business agility project has been successful?
Complex adaptive systems Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Complex adaptive systems tactics and check on ways to get started with Complex adaptive systems.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Business agility experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Business agility?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
Complex systems Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Complex systems outcomes and reduce Complex systems costs.
– How much testing is necessary in order to expose all the potential failure modes and situations of highly integrated complex systems?
– Think about the functions involved in your Business agility project. what processes flow from these functions?
– In what ways are Business agility vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Business agility?
– Complex interventions or complex systems?
Complexity Critical Criteria:
Analyze Complexity outcomes and overcome Complexity skills and management ineffectiveness.
– In the case of a Business agility project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Business agility project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Business agility project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– The approach of traditional Business agility works for detail complexity but is focused on a systematic approach rather than an understanding of the nature of systems themselves. what approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– If we can describe engineered systems in a way analogous to natural systems (global complexity emerging from local simplicity, for example), can we identify the parameters which obey the kind of power-law relationship we find in natural systems?
– Besides the obvious differences of scale and complexity, does the development of a small Web site call for a qualitatively different approach to information architecture?
– Regarding the way the system is formed and operates and the scale of interest; e.g., are we interested in complexity at the level of atoms or of cells or of organs?
– To apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– How can a structural positioning diagram, using complexity and divergence, help frame the issues in our sales and service redesign project?
– Is it possible to estimate the impact of unanticipated complexity such as wrong or failed assumptions, feedback, etc. on proposed reforms?
– What approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– It is often said that CRMs complexity is due to its quantity of functions. How do we handle this?
– How to manage the complexity to permit us to answer questions, such as: when have we done enough?
– What are all of our Business agility domains and what do they do?
– What type and complexity of system administration roles?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– What can a complexity lens add?
Complexity science Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Complexity science risks and find the essential reading for Complexity science researchers.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Business agility in a volatile global economy?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Business agility?
– Why are Business agility skills important?
Dynamic decision making Critical Criteria:
Guard Dynamic decision making goals and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Dynamic decision making.
– Can we add value to the current Business agility decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
Edge of chaos Critical Criteria:
Focus on Edge of chaos goals and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Business agility project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Business agility project lifecycle?
– Consider your own Business agility project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Business agility processes?
Emergence Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Emergence tasks and create a map for yourself.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Business agility is underway?
– How is the emergence of new CRM solutions offered factored in?
– Is a Business agility Team Work effort in place?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Trace Enterprise architecture management and learn.
– What are the key elements of your Business agility performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– When a Business agility manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Business agility leaders?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Holacracy Critical Criteria:
Canvass Holacracy outcomes and devise Holacracy key steps.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Business agility agendas for the next 3 years?
– How do we Identify specific Business agility investment and emerging trends?
– Is the scope of Business agility defined?
International Standard Book Number Critical Criteria:
Merge International Standard Book Number adoptions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive International Standard Book Number decisions.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Business agility is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Business agility values?
Model of hierarchical complexity Critical Criteria:
Apply Model of hierarchical complexity tactics and sort Model of hierarchical complexity activities.
– Will Business agility deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How would one define Business agility leadership?
Organizational intelligence Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Organizational intelligence decisions and budget for Organizational intelligence challenges.
– What are the business goals Business agility is aiming to achieve?
– Do we all define Business agility in the same way?
– Are there Business agility problems defined?
Participatory organization Critical Criteria:
Group Participatory organization planning and devise Participatory organization key steps.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Business agility?
– Is Business agility Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Self-organization Critical Criteria:
Refer to Self-organization tactics and remodel and develop an effective Self-organization strategy.
– Are accountability and ownership for Business agility clearly defined?
Self-organizing Critical Criteria:
Check Self-organizing decisions and report on developing an effective Self-organizing strategy.
Spontaneous order Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Spontaneous order planning and integrate design thinking in Spontaneous order innovation.
– What are internal and external Business agility relations?
– Who sets the Business agility standards?
W. L. Gore & Associates Critical Criteria:
Detail W. L. Gore & Associates planning and drive action.
– What vendors make products that address the Business agility needs?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business agility Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business agility External links:
Business agility is the ability of a business to adapt rapidly and cost efficiently in response to changes in the business environment. Business agility can be maintained by maintaining and adapting goods and services to meet customer demands, adjusting to the changes in a business environment and taking advantage of human resources.
Agile software development External links:
Agile Software Development – Free Agile Whitepaper
http://Ad · go.jamasoftware.com/Agile
Agile Software Development | App Development | Softxpert
Big Room Studios | Agile Software Development Company
Burning Man External links:
Burning Man Rideshare
Burning Man Gallery
Burning Man Journal | Burning Man news, photos, essays …
Business system External links:
Certified Minority Business System
Joletec Business System – Zimco
Danaher Business System | Danaher
Complex adaptive systems External links:
Welcome | Complex Adaptive Systems Initiative
Complex Adaptive Systems Flashcards | Quizlet
Complex systems External links:
Model-Based Design of Complex Systems
MIT’s Architecture of Complex Systems Online Course …
Complexity External links:
Computational complexity theory (eBook, 2004) …
Computational Complexity authors/titles recent …
Complexity (2011) – IMDb
Complexity science External links:
[0911.1449] Complexity science and intentional systems
Complexity Science Flashcards | Quizlet
Complexity Science (eBook, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
Dynamic decision making External links:
Dynamic Decision Making Laboratory – hss.cmu.edu
Effects of Feedback Complexity on Dynamic Decision Making
Edge of chaos External links:
World Politics at the Edge of Chaos – SUNY Press
Crul’shorukh, Edge of Chaos – Item – World of Warcraft
About the Edge | The Edge of Chaos
Emergence External links:
Home – Emergence Health Network careers
Home – Emergence Health Network
The Re-emergence of CBD—A Brief History
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture Tool – Seamless IT solution
http://Ad · www.leanix.net/leanIX/IT-Architektur
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Holacracy External links:
Holacracy – Official Site
Holacracy Blog | e-Gov
holaSpirit – Application for Holacracy and teal organizations
International Standard Book Number External links:
ISBN: International Standard Book Number for Self …
What is an ISBN (International Standard Book Number)?
Model of hierarchical complexity External links:
What Is The Model of Hierarchical Complexity? | …
Model of Hierarchical Complexity – Learning Theories
The Model of Hierarchical Complexity provides the basis to
Organizational intelligence External links:
Organizational Intelligence Surveys: A Smarter …
CompetencyIQ | Organizational Intelligence
Beckman Awards Program in Organizational Intelligence …
Participatory organization External links:
triaxiom9 – We are an open participatory organization
Self-organization External links:
Why Self-Organization Is the Future of Software Development
Self-organization – Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Self-organizing External links:
Self-Organizing Network Models and Planning
Self-Organizing Particle Systems
Spontaneous order External links:
Immanuel Kant on Spontaneous Order | Libertarianism.org
Spontaneous order vs. central planning – WND
This Video Game Really Gets Spontaneous Order – …