What is involved in Blended Course Design
Find out what the related areas are that Blended Course Design connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Blended Course Design thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Blended Course Design journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Blended Course Design leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Blended Course Design related domains to cover and 110 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Blended Course Design, Blended learning, 21st century skills, Academic standards, Access For Learning Community, Aviation Industry Computer-Based Training Committee, Differentiated instruction, Digital badge, Digital divide, Digital literacy, Digital natives, Educational technology, Face-to-face driver model of learning, Flex model of learning, Flipped classroom, Information and communication technologies, Information technology, Instructor-led training, Khan Academy, Learning Tools Interoperability, Learning management system, Lecture recording, Mainframe computer, Media psychology, Mixed reality, Mobile technology, Networked learning, Online driver, Personalized learning, Rotation model of learning, Schools Interoperability Framework, Self-blended model of learning, Synchronous learning, The National Council of Teachers of English, The Washington Post, Virtual learning environment, Web conferencing:
Blended Course Design Critical Criteria:
Scan Blended Course Design goals and display thorough understanding of the Blended Course Design process.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Blended Course Design Management?
– Have all basic functions of Blended Course Design been defined?
– What will drive Blended Course Design change?
Blended learning Critical Criteria:
Audit Blended learning failures and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Blended learning services.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Blended Course Design project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Blended Course Design project lifecycle?
– How do we manage Blended Course Design Knowledge Management (KM)?
– How to deal with Blended Course Design Changes?
– Blended learning: a dangerous idea?
21st century skills Critical Criteria:
Rank 21st century skills management and report on developing an effective 21st century skills strategy.
– How do we measure improved Blended Course Design service perception, and satisfaction?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Blended Course Design?
– Do we all define Blended Course Design in the same way?
Academic standards Critical Criteria:
Infer Academic standards outcomes and devise Academic standards key steps.
– Think about the people you identified for your Blended Course Design project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Blended Course Design processes?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Blended Course Design, including any consulting or professional services?
Access For Learning Community Critical Criteria:
Examine Access For Learning Community engagements and do something to it.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Blended Course Design? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Blended Course Design effort?
– What is Effective Blended Course Design?
Aviation Industry Computer-Based Training Committee Critical Criteria:
Test Aviation Industry Computer-Based Training Committee goals and innovate what needs to be done with Aviation Industry Computer-Based Training Committee.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Blended Course Design? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Blended Course Design does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How likely is the current Blended Course Design plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Differentiated instruction Critical Criteria:
Adapt Differentiated instruction results and correct better engagement with Differentiated instruction results.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Blended Course Design objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Does Blended Course Design systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Digital badge Critical Criteria:
Recall Digital badge projects and plan concise Digital badge education.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Blended Course Design project?
– How can you measure Blended Course Design in a systematic way?
– Is the scope of Blended Course Design defined?
Digital divide Critical Criteria:
Graph Digital divide outcomes and create a map for yourself.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Blended Course Design is underway?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Blended Course Design products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Is the Blended Course Design organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Digital literacy Critical Criteria:
Generalize Digital literacy visions and look for lots of ideas.
– What are the key elements of your Blended Course Design performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What are specific Blended Course Design Rules to follow?
Digital natives Critical Criteria:
Guard Digital natives visions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Digital natives.
– In the case of a Blended Course Design project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Blended Course Design project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Blended Course Design project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What threat is Blended Course Design addressing?
Educational technology Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Educational technology planning and work towards be a leading Educational technology expert.
– What are all of our Blended Course Design domains and what do they do?
Face-to-face driver model of learning Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Face-to-face driver model of learning decisions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– In what ways are Blended Course Design vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Blended Course Design project?
– What are the short and long-term Blended Course Design goals?
Flex model of learning Critical Criteria:
Value Flex model of learning adoptions and get out your magnifying glass.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Blended Course Design models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Blended Course Design opportunities costing us money?
Flipped classroom Critical Criteria:
Recall Flipped classroom visions and summarize a clear Flipped classroom focus.
– Are there Blended Course Design Models?
Information and communication technologies Critical Criteria:
Guide Information and communication technologies decisions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What vendors make products that address the Blended Course Design needs?
– Are there recognized Blended Course Design problems?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Information technology issues and get going.
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Blended Course Design strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Instructor-led training Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Instructor-led training adoptions and achieve a single Instructor-led training view and bringing data together.
– Why are Blended Course Design skills important?
Khan Academy Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Khan Academy outcomes and check on ways to get started with Khan Academy.
– Who will provide the final approval of Blended Course Design deliverables?
Learning Tools Interoperability Critical Criteria:
Gauge Learning Tools Interoperability risks and get answers.
– Is a Blended Course Design Team Work effort in place?
Learning management system Critical Criteria:
Discourse Learning management system decisions and arbitrate Learning management system techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– In regards to blogs/chat rooms does the vendor need to supply a built in blog/chat room tool, or simply link from the portal to an existing blog/chat room?
– Are you looking for a vendor to provide instant messaging built into the solution so users of the system can instant message each other?
– Data migration are there any external users accounts existing and will these user accounts need to be migrated to the new lms?
– Do we have detailed information on the business process for refunds and charge backs if they are required?
– Which social networking or e learning service allows the possibility of creating multiple virtual classrooms?
– How might a persons various social network profiles be useful for learning education and or training?
– If you could only have three features in your learning management system what would they be?
– Do we leverage a train-the-trainer approach for the administrators?
– Are accountability and ownership for Blended Course Design clearly defined?
– Other groups or affiliates we should include in this effort?
– What is social learning as defined in online learning platforms?
– Additional compliance information we did not mention?
– Additional important requirements we should add?
– What form of payments must be supported?
– Are we forgetting something important?
– What are the open source alternatives to Moodle?
– Why do we need an lms system?
– How many e learning systems are there?
– What can an LMS offer us?
– Where is content stored?
Lecture recording Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Lecture recording engagements and drive action.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Blended Course Design information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Will Blended Course Design have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Is Supporting Blended Course Design documentation required?
Mainframe computer Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Mainframe computer goals and pay attention to the small things.
– Which customers cant participate in our Blended Course Design domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Blended Course Design forward?
Media psychology Critical Criteria:
Confer re Media psychology management and oversee Media psychology management by competencies.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Blended Course Design values?
– How do we know that any Blended Course Design analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How is the value delivered by Blended Course Design being measured?
Mixed reality Critical Criteria:
Model after Mixed reality outcomes and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Mixed reality is getting what it needs.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Blended Course Design process?
– How can skill-level changes improve Blended Course Design?
Mobile technology Critical Criteria:
Think about Mobile technology strategies and slay a dragon.
Networked learning Critical Criteria:
See the value of Networked learning strategies and look for lots of ideas.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Blended Course Design. How do we gain traction?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Blended Course Design requirements in detail?
– What are the long-term Blended Course Design goals?
Online driver Critical Criteria:
Chart Online driver tactics and describe which business rules are needed as Online driver interface.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Blended Course Design product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How will you know that the Blended Course Design project has been successful?
Personalized learning Critical Criteria:
Steer Personalized learning risks and catalog Personalized learning activities.
– How would one define Blended Course Design leadership?
Rotation model of learning Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Rotation model of learning tactics and stake your claim.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Blended Course Design process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Blended Course Design process available?
– Does Blended Course Design appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Schools Interoperability Framework Critical Criteria:
Examine Schools Interoperability Framework planning and correct better engagement with Schools Interoperability Framework results.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Blended Course Design processes?
– What business benefits will Blended Course Design goals deliver if achieved?
Self-blended model of learning Critical Criteria:
Coach on Self-blended model of learning projects and ask questions.
– Do those selected for the Blended Course Design team have a good general understanding of what Blended Course Design is all about?
– Is maximizing Blended Course Design protection the same as minimizing Blended Course Design loss?
Synchronous learning Critical Criteria:
Add value to Synchronous learning management and find the ideas you already have.
The National Council of Teachers of English Critical Criteria:
Survey The National Council of Teachers of English engagements and give examples utilizing a core of simple The National Council of Teachers of English skills.
– Do we monitor the Blended Course Design decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– When a Blended Course Design manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
The Washington Post Critical Criteria:
Design The Washington Post risks and describe the risks of The Washington Post sustainability.
– Do the Blended Course Design decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Blended Course Design leaders?
Virtual learning environment Critical Criteria:
Model after Virtual learning environment goals and sort Virtual learning environment activities.
– In a project to restructure Blended Course Design outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Blended Course Design with what users do day-to-day?
Web conferencing Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Web conferencing outcomes and devote time assessing Web conferencing and its risk.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Blended Course Design moving forward?
– Can we do Blended Course Design without complex (expensive) analysis?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Blended Course Design Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Blended Course Design External links:
[PDF]BLENDED COURSE DESIGN: A SYNTHESIS OF …
Online and Blended Course Design for Flipping the Classroom
The Blended Course Design Workbook – Home | Facebook
Blended learning External links:
Outside Blended Learning – electrical training ALLIANCE
Blended Learning Toolkit
Blended Learning — Personalized Education | Rasmussen College
21st century skills External links:
What are 21st century skills? | Thoughtful Learning K-12
21st Century Skills Definition – The Glossary of …
You For Youth // Building 21st Century Skills
Academic standards External links:
Kentucky Department of Education : Kentucky Academic Standards
http://education.ky.gov › Home › Standards/Content Areas › Standards
Colorado Standards – Academic Standards | CDE
Academic Standards (K-12) – Minnesota Department of Education
Access For Learning Community External links:
Access For Learning Community – Revolvy
https://update.revolvy.com/topic/Access For Learning Community
Differentiated instruction External links:
eSpark Learning – Differentiated Instruction at Scale
IRIS | Page 1: Defining Differentiated Instruction
What is Differentiated Instruction? Examples of …
Digital badge External links:
Digital Badges | HASTAC
Online Certified Gardener Classes | Digital Badge Program
Digital Badge Program | CMAA – cmaanet.org
Digital divide External links:
What is the digital divide – Answers.com
‘Brilliant Bus’ shrinking digital divide – CNN
Home | Digital Divide Data
Digital literacy External links:
K-12 Digital Literacy Solution — Big Universe
Future Edge Digital Literacy Challenge
Cornell University – Digital Literacy Resource
Digital natives External links:
Raising Digital Natives
Digital Natives Group | About
Digital Natives Group – Official Site
Educational technology External links:
Hispanic Educational Technology Services
Educational Technology – The Texas Education Agency
Georgia Educational Technology Conference / Homepage
Flex model of learning External links:
Flex model of learning – Revolvy
https://update.revolvy.com/topic/Flex model of learning
Flipped classroom External links:
Flipped Classroom Infographic | Knewton
Flipped Classroom Tutorials – YouTube
The Flipped Classroom | Duke School of Nursing
Information and communication technologies External links:
“Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) …
How Information and Communication Technologies …
B.S. Degree in Information and Communication Technologies
Information technology External links:
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
SOLAR | Division of Information Technology
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Instructor-led training External links:
Veriforce Instructor-Led Training | Veriforce
Instructor-Led Training (ILT)
Instructor-Led Training | Training | CompTIA IT Certifications
Khan Academy External links:
Khan Academy, Mountain View, CA. 1.3M likes. We’re on a mission to provide a free world class education for anyone, anywhere. Join us!
Khan Academy – Home | Facebook
Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy – College Board
Learning Tools Interoperability External links:
Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) – LMS – TOPYX
Learning Tools Interoperability – Training Industry
Toolwire Basic Learning Tools Interoperability
Learning management system External links:
LBCC’s Student Learning Management System (LMS)
Canvas Learning Management System @ Bellevue College
All-In-One Learning Management System for Schools | Otus
Lecture recording External links:
BlueEyes Technology Group – Lecture Recording System
Lecture recording – VCU School of Medicine Technology …
Lecture Recordings – University of South Australia
Mainframe computer External links:
Mainframe Computer Operator Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Media psychology External links:
MA Media Psychology · Fielding Graduate University
Media Psychology Review – Journal for Media Psychology
Mixed reality External links:
Windows Mixed Reality PC hardware guidelines – …
Learn more about the new HMD Odyssey – Windows Mixed Reality. Watch Mixed Reality content come to life with an incredible dual AMOLED display.
Download this app from Microsoft Store for Windows 10. See screenshots, read the latest customer reviews, and compare ratings for Windows Mixed Reality PC Check.
Mobile technology External links:
Mobile Technology Device Protection – Careers | Asurion
How Mobile Technology Can Impact Care Team …
Home page | IT Services | Mobile Technology – Prokarma
Networked learning External links:
[PDF]A Networked Learning Model for Construction of …
edut3chblog – Open Networked Learning – ONL152 & 162
A Networked Learning Environment: Toward New …
Online driver External links:
Student Login – Indiana Online Driver Improvement
United Driving School | Classroom & Online Driver …
New Mexico’s Online Driver History Record System
Personalized learning External links:
Personalized Learning – Northern Arizona University
Personalized Learning | Colorado | Blueprint
Schools Interoperability Framework External links:
Schools Interoperability Framework (SIF) – Data …
Self-blended model of learning External links:
Self-blended model of learning – WOW.com
“Self-blended model of learning” on Revolvy.com
https://update.revolvy.com/topic/Self-blended model of learning
Synchronous learning External links:
Synchronous learning legal definition of Synchronous learning
Asynchronous vs. Synchronous Learning Types – …
The National Council of Teachers of English External links:
[PDF]A report from the National Council of Teachers of English
The Washington Post External links:
The Washington Post
The Washington Post: My Profile
The Washington Post Academic Rate
Virtual learning environment External links:
SimpleVLE – A Simple Virtual Learning Environment
Virtual Learning Environment | VLE Software | D2L Europe
Web conferencing External links:
ReadyTalk Conferencing > Web Conferencing
AT&T Web Conferencing Training – Home – Product Selection