What is involved in Capability management
Find out what the related areas are that Capability management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Capability management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Capability management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Capability management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Capability management related domains to cover and 110 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Capability management, Acronym, Balanced Scorecard, Business, Capability-based security, Capability, Capability approach, Capability management in business, Defense, Department of Defense Architecture Framework, Doctrine, Leader development, Management, Materiel, Military personnel, Operations research, Requirements:
Capability management Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Capability management outcomes and assess and formulate effective operational and Capability management strategies.
– How will you know that the Capability management project has been successful?
Acronym Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Acronym risks and slay a dragon.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Capability management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Capability management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What are specific Capability management Rules to follow?
Balanced Scorecard Critical Criteria:
Discourse Balanced Scorecard goals and learn.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Capability management leader?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Capability management been identified and analyzed?
– Does Capability management appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Business Critical Criteria:
Study Business projects and finalize specific methods for Business acceptance.
– Does your mobile solution allow you to interact with desktop-authored dashboards using touchscreen gestures like taps, flicks, and pinches?
– Has business process Cybersecurity has been included in continuity of operations plans for areas such as customer data, billing, etc.?
– Can your software connect to all forms of data, from text and Excel files to cloud and enterprise-grade databases, with a few clicks?
– Do you have a jointly developed partnership agreement in addition to any contractual agreements you may have?
– What are the approaches to handle RTB related data 100 GB aggregated for business intelligence?
– What statistics should one be familiar with for business intelligence and web analytics?
– Does your BI solution allow analytical insights to happen anywhere and everywhere?
– What tools are there for publishing sharing and visualizing data online?
– What information needs of managers are satisfied by the new BI system?
– What is your process for gathering business requirements?
– How do we use AI algorithms in practical applications?
– How can data extraction from dashboards be automated?
– Which is better for business open or closed clouds?
– Is your software easy for IT to manage and upgrade?
– To create parallel systems or custom workflows?
– Is the product accessible from the internet?
– What are our tools for big data analytics?
– Condition of the business pre-disaster?
– Does IT get our business?
Capability-based security Critical Criteria:
Guard Capability-based security goals and probe Capability-based security strategic alliances.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Capability management, including any consulting or professional services?
– How to Secure Capability management?
Capability Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Capability visions and separate what are the business goals Capability is aiming to achieve.
– Workforce Change Management How do you prepare your workforce for changing capability and capacity needs? How do you manage your workforce, its needs, and your needs to ensure continuity, prevent workforce reductions, and minimize the impact of workforce reductions, if they do become necessary? How do you prepare for and manage periods of workforce growth?
– Does Capability management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– When considering our organizational capability to make desired changes, do we ask the following questions: are the staffing level, funding, and physical plant potential assets or deterrents, and to what degree?
– Are items which are not calibrated to their full capability or which require functional check only labeled to indicate the applicable condition?
– How quickly can a cloud service provider scale services and capability and is this quick enough for the requirements of the customer/consumer?
– How quickly can a cloud service provider scale services and capability and is this quick enough for the requirements of the customer/consumer?
– Does the company have a log monitoring capability with analytics and alertingalso known as continuous monitoring?
– Do we have a log monitoring capability with analytics and alertingalso known as continuous monitoring?
– Do the Capability management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What is a benefit of automated site failover capability in a data center environment?
– Do you have the capability to measure cost per lead or cost per acquisition?
– Can the cloud provide us a search capability easily?
– What is the logging capability for audit purposes?
Capability approach Critical Criteria:
Group Capability approach engagements and balance specific methods for improving Capability approach results.
– Does Capability management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What vendors make products that address the Capability management needs?
Capability management in business Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Capability management in business leadership and catalog what business benefits will Capability management in business goals deliver if achieved.
– Can we add value to the current Capability management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Capability management process?
– Is a Capability management Team Work effort in place?
Defense Critical Criteria:
Discuss Defense planning and look at the big picture.
– Do you participate in sharing communication, analysis, and mitigation measures with other companies as part of a mutual network of defense?
– What are our needs in relation to Capability management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Capability management?
– Does the IT Risk Management framework align to a three lines of defense model?
– Have all basic functions of Capability management been defined?
– How Strong do the Defenses need to Be?
Department of Defense Architecture Framework Critical Criteria:
Study Department of Defense Architecture Framework strategies and arbitrate Department of Defense Architecture Framework techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– When a Capability management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What are internal and external Capability management relations?
– Do we all define Capability management in the same way?
Doctrine Critical Criteria:
Frame Doctrine outcomes and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Doctrine.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Capability management values?
– How would one define Capability management leadership?
Leader development Critical Criteria:
Think about Leader development issues and raise human resource and employment practices for Leader development.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Capability management. How do we gain traction?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Capability management is underway?
– How do we go about Securing Capability management?
Management Critical Criteria:
Generalize Management management and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Management.
– Are we using Capability management to communicate information about our Cybersecurity Risk Management programs including the effectiveness of those programs to stakeholders, including boards, investors, auditors, and insurers?
– Are legal and regulatory requirements regarding Cybersecurity, including privacy and civil liberties obligations, understood and managed?
– Are there any call deflection user stories implemented already in the existing exchange/CRM system?
– A heuristic, a decision support system, or new practices to improve current project management?
– How does your company report on its information and technology risk assessment?
– How does B2B eCommerce affect our selection of the right type of relationship?
– What metadata are needed to make the data you capture or collect meaningful?
– Is there an impact to schedule performance and to what level?
– Has AGILE intervention been effective in achieving the objectives?
– How will the impact on sharing data be mitigated?
– What is meant by managing the triple constraint?
– What is the Category Management Association?
– What can/should managers do in an agile environment?
– What have I done since the last Daily Scrum?
– When to start Change Management?
– What is access management?
– How many different rules are there?
– What s At Risk?
Materiel Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Materiel outcomes and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Materiel.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Capability management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Capability management project lifecycle?
– Which customers cant participate in our Capability management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Capability management project?
Military personnel Critical Criteria:
Guide Military personnel failures and track iterative Military personnel results.
– what is the best design framework for Capability management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Capability management processes?
– Are there Capability management Models?
Operations research Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Operations research planning and find out.
– Does Capability management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Which Capability management goals are the most important?
– How will you measure your Capability management effectiveness?
Requirements Critical Criteria:
Derive from Requirements results and explain and analyze the challenges of Requirements.
– Has the organization established an Identity and Access Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines and which identifies users and network devices?
– Do we ensure that the requirements are consistent with company technology future direction. for example, does it ensure that network communication is ip based?
– Does the organization take action to eliminate the cause of potential non-conformities with the ISMS requirements in order to prevent their occurrence?
– What new requirements emerge in terms of information processing/management to make physical and virtual world data fusion possible?
– Are records established and maintained to provide evidence of conformity to the requirements and the effective operations of the ISMS?
– Have test requirements, for acceptance and integration testing, and Configuration Management been developed?
– Have total life-cycle support, ease-of-use, scalability, and interoperability requirements been determined?
– Do you believe that additional principles and requirements are necessary for IoT applications?
– Are resource requirements stable and well within the provisions of cloud provider selected?
– Can we answer questions like: Are all requirements documents available and current?
– Operational feasibility. will the solution fulfill the users requirements?
– What are the requirements for information availability and integrity?
– What threat is Capability management addressing?
– Right requirements?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Capability management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Capability management External links:
What is business capability management? – Quora
Acronym External links:
Acronym | Define Acronym at Dictionary.com
Acronyms – Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
Acronym | Definition of Acronym by Merriam-Webster
Balanced Scorecard External links:
Balanced Scorecard Software by QuickScore
Balanced scorecard | The Economist
How to Create a Balanced Scorecard: 10 Steps (with Pictures)
Capability-based security External links:
What is CAPABILITY-BASED SECURITY? What does …
capability-based security • r/capabilities – reddit
Capability External links:
[PDF]TITLE: USMC CAPABILITY: MOUNTAIN/COLD …
Capability approach External links:
SEN’S CAPABILITY APPROACH AND GENDER …
[PDF]The Capability Approach: a theoretical survey
The Capability Approach (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
Capability management in business External links:
Capability management in business – Revolvy
https://broom02.revolvy.com/topic/Capability management in business
Defense External links:
Defense Information Systems Agency – Official Site
Defense Travel Management Office (DTMO)
USCCA: Concealed Carry, CCW Self-Defense Insurance & …
Department of Defense Architecture Framework External links:
Department of Defense Architecture Framework …
Leader development External links:
[PDF]Training and Leader Development – United States …
Leader Development & Education for Sustained Peace
Management External links:
Title Management Group, Inc. – NOLA.com
Title Management | Login
Document Management Incorporated :: Motor Vehicle Solutions
Materiel External links:
USDA | DM | OO | Materiel Management Service Center
Military personnel External links:
Transcripts for Military Personnel – acenet.edu
NCDOT: Military Personnel
Military Personnel Records | National Archives
Operations research External links:
Systems Engineering and Operations Research
Operations Research on JSTOR
Operations Research (O.R.), or operational research in the U.K, is a discipline that deals with the application of advanced analytical methods to help make better decisions.
Requirements External links:
ADA Requirements: Service Animals
Requirements for Selling a Vehicle
Clean Car emission requirements – Department of Licensing