What is involved in Machine to machine
Find out what the related areas are that Machine to machine connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Machine to machine thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Machine to machine journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Machine to machine leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Machine to machine related domains to cover and 113 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Machine to machine, Axeda Corporation, Home automation, Ambient Devices, General Motors, Vehicle telematics, Protocol converter, Ambient intelligence, Ubiquitous computing, Connected car, Digi International, Raspberry Pi, KORE Telematics, Consumer electronics, Internet refrigerator, Smart city, Global positioning system, Wireless sensor network, Smart TV, Point of sale, IEEE 802.15.4, Roel Pieper, Caller ID, Data transmission, Hughes Electronics Corporation, Fault detection, Service layer, Communications channel, Stefano Marzano, Verizon Wireless, Subscriber Identity Module, Precision agriculture, International Telecommunication Union, Ford Motor Company, Platform as a service, Cinterion Wireless Modules, Eclipse Foundation, Radio-frequency identification, Mobile mesh networking, Automatic SIM activation, Deutsche Telekom, Plant floor communication, Rogers Communications, Aeris Communications, Inc., Measurement instrument, Public utilities, Eclipse SCADA:
Machine to machine Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Machine to machine visions and drive action.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Machine to machine is underway?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Machine to machine moving forward?
Axeda Corporation Critical Criteria:
Align Axeda Corporation tasks and spearhead techniques for implementing Axeda Corporation.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Machine to machine strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How can skill-level changes improve Machine to machine?
Home automation Critical Criteria:
Recall Home automation decisions and observe effective Home automation.
– Consider your own Machine to machine project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– When a Machine to machine manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Machine to machine activities?
Ambient Devices Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Ambient Devices tasks and summarize a clear Ambient Devices focus.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Machine to machine ?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Machine to machine processes?
– How do we go about Securing Machine to machine?
General Motors Critical Criteria:
Model after General Motors risks and describe which business rules are needed as General Motors interface.
– Does Machine to machine systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Vehicle telematics Critical Criteria:
Think about Vehicle telematics issues and maintain Vehicle telematics for success.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Machine to machine? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Who will provide the final approval of Machine to machine deliverables?
– How would one define Machine to machine leadership?
Protocol converter Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Protocol converter strategies and overcome Protocol converter skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Machine to machine project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How do we Lead with Machine to machine in Mind?
Ambient intelligence Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Ambient intelligence quality and revise understanding of Ambient intelligence architectures.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Machine to machine leader?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Machine to machine effort?
– Have you identified your Machine to machine key performance indicators?
Ubiquitous computing Critical Criteria:
Unify Ubiquitous computing failures and sort Ubiquitous computing activities.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Machine to machine workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Machine to machine activities?
– Are assumptions made in Machine to machine stated explicitly?
Connected car Critical Criteria:
Unify Connected car quality and get going.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Machine to machine process?
– What are current Machine to machine Paradigms?
Digi International Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Digi International outcomes and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Digi International information.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Machine to machine project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Machine to machine project lifecycle?
– To what extent does management recognize Machine to machine as a tool to increase the results?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Machine to machine project?
Raspberry Pi Critical Criteria:
Check Raspberry Pi tasks and get out your magnifying glass.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Machine to machine experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Machine to machine processes of our organization?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Machine to machine move?
KORE Telematics Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over KORE Telematics failures and devote time assessing KORE Telematics and its risk.
– Who sets the Machine to machine standards?
– What is Effective Machine to machine?
Consumer electronics Critical Criteria:
Focus on Consumer electronics management and correct Consumer electronics management by competencies.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Machine to machine?
– How to Secure Machine to machine?
Internet refrigerator Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Internet refrigerator risks and differentiate in coordinating Internet refrigerator.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Machine to machine been identified and analyzed?
Smart city Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Smart city leadership and get the big picture.
– As an example; there are all kinds of innovative new applications and devices that promise to enable the connected home and vehicle, smart city and lifestyle, but how do we define what is IoT and what is not?
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Machine to machine models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Do those selected for the Machine to machine team have a good general understanding of what Machine to machine is all about?
– Think of your Machine to machine project. what are the main functions?
Global positioning system Critical Criteria:
Scan Global positioning system issues and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Global positioning system.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Machine to machine strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Do we monitor the Machine to machine decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Wireless sensor network Critical Criteria:
Test Wireless sensor network goals and figure out ways to motivate other Wireless sensor network users.
– Is Supporting Machine to machine documentation required?
– Does our wireless sensor network scale?
Smart TV Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Smart TV planning and catalog Smart TV activities.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Machine to machine? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Machine to machine study?
Point of sale Critical Criteria:
Group Point of sale visions and oversee implementation of Point of sale.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Machine to machine with what users do day-to-day?
– Can we do Machine to machine without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Is the scope of Machine to machine defined?
IEEE 802.15.4 Critical Criteria:
Study IEEE 802.15.4 tactics and catalog what business benefits will IEEE 802.15.4 goals deliver if achieved.
– How important is Machine to machine to the user organizations mission?
– How do we Improve Machine to machine service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are specific Machine to machine Rules to follow?
Roel Pieper Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Roel Pieper risks and question.
– Is there a Machine to machine Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How do we maintain Machine to machines Integrity?
Caller ID Critical Criteria:
Refer to Caller ID quality and get answers.
– Why is Machine to machine important for you now?
Data transmission Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Data transmission goals and differentiate in coordinating Data transmission.
– what is the best design framework for Machine to machine organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How likely is the current Machine to machine plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What are the usability implications of Machine to machine actions?
Hughes Electronics Corporation Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Hughes Electronics Corporation projects and assess what counts with Hughes Electronics Corporation that we are not counting.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Machine to machine product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Machine to machine services/products?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Machine to machine delivery for example is new software needed?
Fault detection Critical Criteria:
Consult on Fault detection engagements and devote time assessing Fault detection and its risk.
– Do the Machine to machine decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What are the business goals Machine to machine is aiming to achieve?
Service layer Critical Criteria:
Map Service layer tactics and devise Service layer key steps.
– Does Machine to machine include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
Communications channel Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Communications channel strategies and find answers.
– How much does Machine to machine help?
Stefano Marzano Critical Criteria:
Administer Stefano Marzano projects and figure out ways to motivate other Stefano Marzano users.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Machine to machine information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Is a Machine to machine Team Work effort in place?
Verizon Wireless Critical Criteria:
Analyze Verizon Wireless tasks and pay attention to the small things.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Machine to machine processes?
Subscriber Identity Module Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Subscriber Identity Module risks and forecast involvement of future Subscriber Identity Module projects in development.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Machine to machine requirements in detail?
Precision agriculture Critical Criteria:
X-ray Precision agriculture risks and cater for concise Precision agriculture education.
– What are the short and long-term Machine to machine goals?
International Telecommunication Union Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct International Telecommunication Union failures and describe the risks of International Telecommunication Union sustainability.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Machine to machine into the services that we provide?
Ford Motor Company Critical Criteria:
Face Ford Motor Company adoptions and oversee Ford Motor Company requirements.
– Do we all define Machine to machine in the same way?
Platform as a service Critical Criteria:
Nurse Platform as a service planning and adjust implementation of Platform as a service.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Machine to machine is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How can you negotiate Machine to machine successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How do we know that any Machine to machine analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Cinterion Wireless Modules Critical Criteria:
Guide Cinterion Wireless Modules risks and document what potential Cinterion Wireless Modules megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What is our formula for success in Machine to machine ?
Eclipse Foundation Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Eclipse Foundation tasks and mentor Eclipse Foundation customer orientation.
– In a project to restructure Machine to machine outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How can you measure Machine to machine in a systematic way?
Radio-frequency identification Critical Criteria:
Categorize Radio-frequency identification governance and check on ways to get started with Radio-frequency identification.
– Will Machine to machine deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Mobile mesh networking Critical Criteria:
Group Mobile mesh networking tactics and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Mobile mesh networking is getting what it needs.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Machine to machine opportunities costing us money?
– What are the long-term Machine to machine goals?
Automatic SIM activation Critical Criteria:
Guard Automatic SIM activation risks and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Automatic SIM activation projects.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Machine to machine objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Does Machine to machine appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Deutsche Telekom Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Deutsche Telekom risks and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Deutsche Telekom projects.
– Does our organization need more Machine to machine education?
Plant floor communication Critical Criteria:
Scan Plant floor communication quality and ask questions.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Machine to machine?
– What vendors make products that address the Machine to machine needs?
Rogers Communications Critical Criteria:
Define Rogers Communications quality and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Rogers Communications is getting what it needs.
Aeris Communications, Inc. Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Aeris Communications, Inc. strategies and plan concise Aeris Communications, Inc. education.
– How will you measure your Machine to machine effectiveness?
Measurement instrument Critical Criteria:
Investigate Measurement instrument governance and explore and align the progress in Measurement instrument.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Machine to machine goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Public utilities Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Public utilities planning and shift your focus.
– How do we go about Comparing Machine to machine approaches/solutions?
– How can the value of Machine to machine be defined?
Eclipse SCADA Critical Criteria:
Think about Eclipse SCADA risks and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Is Machine to machine dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Does Machine to machine analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Machine to machine Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Machine to machine External links:
Machine to machine refers to direct communication between devices using any communications channel, including wired and wireless.
Machine to Machine | Verizon Wireless
Axeda Corporation External links:
Axeda Corporation – immixgroup.com
Axeda Corporation Reviews | Latest Customer Reviews …
Axeda Corporation Jobs with Part-Time, Telecommuting…
Home automation External links:
Home Automation and Smart Home Systems | Control4
Momentum Home Automation – Official Site
Midco – Internet, Cable TV, Home Phone & Home Automation
Ambient Devices External links:
Ambient Devices – Ambient Devices
Ambient devices | Harman Kardon Invoke Speaker | Skype
Ambient Devices – Stock Orb
General Motors External links:
Careers with General Motors
General Motors Overview | GM.com
Vehicle telematics External links:
[PDF]VEHICLE TELEMATICS : INDUSTRY PERSPECTIVE
Vehicle Telematics – Complete Tenders
Protocol converter External links:
DSPLE- Protocol Converter | Red Lion
[PDF]Protocol Converter: Modbus to – Vodomer
[PDF]Site-Level Protocol Converter Proposal
Ambient intelligence External links:
trakkies. Your ambient intelligence platform
Review: Ambient Intelligence by Dieter Ettlinger
Ubiquitous computing External links:
Human-Centered and Ubiquitous Computing Lab – …
Center for Cognitive Ubiquitous Computing
Personal and Ubiquitous Computing – Springer
Connected car External links:
The Connected Car – Autonomous Mobility Now
IMS | Connected Car & Insurance Telematics Technology
ZUS Connected Car System | Indiegogo
Digi International External links:
Digi International Inc. – DGII – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Support Services – Digi International
Raspberry Pi External links:
ModMyPi | Cases for your Raspberry Pi
RetroPie – Retro-gaming on the Raspberry Pi
Raspberry Pi GPIO Pinout
KORE Telematics External links:
IoT and M2M Services and Management | KORE Telematics
KORE Telematics Careers and Employment | Indeed.com
KORE Telematics – YouTube
Consumer electronics External links:
Dynex Consumer Electronics Products
Megagoods.com Consumer Electronics Distributor – We …
Internet refrigerator External links:
Samsung’s “Cool” Internet Refrigerator
Smart city External links:
Smart City Challenge | US Department of Transportation
Smart City – This City Leads the World
DC Smart City Initiative
Global positioning system External links:
Global Positioning System – GPS – Schriever Air Force Base
Global Positioning System
Transit Satellite: Precursor to Global Positioning System
Wireless sensor network External links:
Wireless Sensor Network – KieranTimberlake
What is wireless sensor network (WSN) technology? – …
Wireless Sensor Network Standards for Real-Time …
Smart TV External links:
VIZIO Smart TV Apps | VIZIO
Smart TV Media Player | Smart TV Media Streaming | Plex
What is smart TV? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Point of sale External links:
Toast | Restaurant Point of Sale & Management System
ParTech – POS Systems | Restaurant Point of Sale Solutions
IEEE 802.15.4 External links:
[PDF]IEEE 802.15.4 and Zigbee – University of Kentucky
Roel Pieper External links:
Roel Pieper – Biography – IMDb
Gesprek Roel Pieper De Zomer Draait Door – YouTube
Roel Pieper – WSJ
Caller ID External links:
How To Block Your Number | Caller ID Blocking | T-Mobile
Sync.ME – Caller ID & Phone Number Search
Using TV Caller ID – Cox Communications
Data transmission External links:
Data transmission (Book, 1989) [WorldCat.org]
Data transmission (Book, 1965) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Data Transmission – Washington University in St. Louis
Hughes Electronics Corporation External links:
GM Hughes Electronics Corporation – Delaware 1989
Fault detection External links:
Ground Fault Detection – The Underground Detective
Service layer External links:
Apex Enterprise Patterns: Service Layer | Salesforce …
Stefano Marzano External links:
Stefano Marzano | Facebook
DesignSingapore Design2050 Studios: Stefano Marzano – …
Stefano Marzano, Alberto Alessi, Alessandro Mendini, …
Verizon Wireless External links:
Track Your Rebate – Verizon Wireless: Rebate Center
Verizon Wireless – Official Site
Verizon Wireless Media Store
Subscriber Identity Module External links:
What is a Subscriber Identity Module (SIM)? – GSM Security
What is subscriber identity module? Webopedia Definition
The Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) is a small smart card which contains both programming and information. The A3 and A8 algorithms are implemented in the
Precision agriculture External links:
Precision Agriculture | CropWatch
Precision Agriculture » Raven Slingshot®
Precision Agriculture, Farming and Agricultural Technology
International Telecommunication Union External links:
About International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
[PDF]INTERNATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATION UNION …
ITU: International Telecommunication Union | NHSMUN
Ford Motor Company External links:
Ford Motor Company: Company Information | Ford.com
Ford Motor Company – Home | Facebook
Ford Motor Company Driving Cycle – OBD-II
Platform as a service External links:
What is PaaS? Platform as a Service | Microsoft Azure
What is Platform as a Service (PaaS)? Read Definition
Cinterion Wireless Modules External links:
Cinterion Wireless Modules | DAIC
Cinterion Wireless Modules Authorized Distributor – Avnet
Eclipse Foundation External links:
Eclipse Foundation – Home | Facebook
Eclipse Foundation (@EclipseFdn) | Twitter
Eclipse Foundation – YouTube
Mobile mesh networking External links:
RightMesh is decentralized mobile mesh networking …
MeshDynamics Mobile Mesh Networking (P3M) Animation – YouTube
Automatic SIM activation External links:
Real-time automatic SIM activation – Buzzinbees
Real-time automatic SIM activation – Prezi
Deutsche Telekom External links:
DTEGY – Deutsche Telekom AG Stock quote – CNNMoney…
Deutsche Telekom AG ADR (Sponsored) (DTEGY) – NASDAQ.com
DTEGY Deutsche Telekom AG ADR PINX:DTEGY Stock …
Plant floor communication External links:
[PDF]Plant Floor Communication System Tool Connections …
Plant Floor Communication Failures. What Do they Cost …
[PDF]Plant Floor Communication System Tool Connections …
Rogers Communications External links:
Rogers Communications (RCI.B-T) – The Globe and Mail
Rogers Communications – Google+
Aeris Communications, Inc. External links:
Today’s top 34 Aeris Communications, Inc. jobs in United States. Leverage your professional network, and get hired. New Aeris Communications, Inc. jobs added daily.
http://Login / Sign In – Aeris Communications, Inc.
Login / Sign In – Aeris Communications, Inc.
Measurement instrument External links:
Development and validation of a measurement instrument …
Theodolite | measurement instrument | Britannica.com
Thermometer | measurement instrument | Britannica.com
Public utilities External links:
Tacoma Public Utilities – Official Site
MyAccount – Clark Public Utilities
Public Utilities | Anaheim, CA – Official Website
Eclipse SCADA External links:
Eclipse SCADA – Home | Facebook
GitHub – ctron/eclipse_scada_book: The Eclipse SCADA …