What is involved in Cyber-physical system
Find out what the related areas are that Cyber-physical system connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Cyber-physical system thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Cyber-physical system journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Cyber-physical system leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Cyber-physical system related domains to cover and 117 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Cyber-physical system, Association for Computing Machinery, Automatic pilot, Autonomous automobile, Chemical process, Cloud computing, Computer network, Critical infrastructure, Cyber manufacturing, Deep-sea exploration, Embedded system, Functional Mock-up Interface, Home appliance, IEEE Spectrum, Idaho National Laboratory, Indoor positioning system, Industry 4.0, Internet of Things, Medical monitoring, National Science Foundation, Predictive manufacturing system, Process control system, Resilient control systems, SAP AG, Schneider Electric, Signal-flow graph, Smart grid, Wireless network:
Cyber-physical system Critical Criteria:
Infer Cyber-physical system governance and correct Cyber-physical system management by competencies.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Cyber-physical system workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Cyber-physical system project manager?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Cyber-physical system project?
Association for Computing Machinery Critical Criteria:
Explore Association for Computing Machinery governance and explore and align the progress in Association for Computing Machinery.
– How do we know that any Cyber-physical system analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Why is Cyber-physical system important for you now?
Automatic pilot Critical Criteria:
Explore Automatic pilot governance and define what our big hairy audacious Automatic pilot goal is.
– Who will provide the final approval of Cyber-physical system deliverables?
– Does Cyber-physical system appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Are we Assessing Cyber-physical system and Risk?
Autonomous automobile Critical Criteria:
Track Autonomous automobile planning and explain and analyze the challenges of Autonomous automobile.
– What are the disruptive Cyber-physical system technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Cyber-physical system into the services that we provide?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Cyber-physical system activities?
Chemical process Critical Criteria:
Chart Chemical process tactics and give examples utilizing a core of simple Chemical process skills.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Cyber-physical system in a volatile global economy?
– Consider your own Cyber-physical system project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How do we measure improved Cyber-physical system service perception, and satisfaction?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Cloud computing planning and get going.
– Security and authentication technologies, allied to event logging, in the cloud computing environment can help auditors as they deal with issues related to workflow were those who entered, approved, changed or otherwise touched data authorized to do so, on an individual, group or role-related basis?
– How might we classify current cloud computing offerings across a spectrum, and how do the technical and business challenges differ depending on where in the spectrum a particular offering lies?
– Business Considerations. Business considerations include the overall organizational readiness for using cloud computing. Is the application owner willing and comfortable with a cloud platform?
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– What impact has emerging technology (e.g., cloud computing, virtualization and mobile computing) had on your companys ITRM program over the past 12 months?
– What are some common barriers to exiting transitioning from a cloud computing service provider and how can they be addressed?
– How will technology advancements in soa, virtualization and cloud computing further enable saas adoption?
– What are some strategies for capacity planning for big data processing and cloud computing?
– What is the future scope for combination of business intelligence and cloud computing?
– Which cloud service model encompasses the complete cloud computing stack?
– If your data is stored abroad whose foi policy do you adhere to?
– Fog computing : will it be the future of cloud computing ?
– What is the first priority cloud security concern?
– What will cloud computing look like in 5 years?
– What percent of the market will not use cloud?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– How do I estimate cloud computing costs?
– Will cloud computing always lower costs?
– Cloud computing: could it cost more?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Computer network leadership and stake your claim.
– Is there a Cyber-physical system Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How likely is the current Cyber-physical system plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– Which Cyber-physical system goals are the most important?
Critical infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Track Critical infrastructure tasks and figure out ways to motivate other Critical infrastructure users.
– What role(s) do or should national/international standards and organizations that develop national/international standards play in critical infrastructure Cybersecurity conformity assessment?
– What do organizations see as the greatest challenges in developing a cross-sector standards-based Framework for critical infrastructure?
– Which of these practices do commenters see as being the most critical for the secure operation of critical infrastructure?
– What do organizations see as the greatest challenges in improving Cybersecurity practices across critical infrastructure?
– What do we see as the greatest challenges in improving Cybersecurity practices across critical infrastructure?
– Are these practices widely used throughout critical infrastructure and industry?
– How will you measure your Cyber-physical system effectiveness?
– How can the value of Cyber-physical system be defined?
Cyber manufacturing Critical Criteria:
Design Cyber manufacturing issues and shift your focus.
– How do we manage Cyber-physical system Knowledge Management (KM)?
– How can you measure Cyber-physical system in a systematic way?
Deep-sea exploration Critical Criteria:
X-ray Deep-sea exploration projects and change contexts.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Cyber-physical system. How do we gain traction?
– What is our Cyber-physical system Strategy?
Embedded system Critical Criteria:
Define Embedded system tasks and point out improvements in Embedded system.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Cyber-physical system?
Functional Mock-up Interface Critical Criteria:
Drive Functional Mock-up Interface decisions and get going.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Cyber-physical system processes of our organization?
– What will drive Cyber-physical system change?
Home appliance Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Home appliance engagements and create a map for yourself.
– What is our formula for success in Cyber-physical system ?
– How much does Cyber-physical system help?
IEEE Spectrum Critical Criteria:
Inquire about IEEE Spectrum decisions and describe which business rules are needed as IEEE Spectrum interface.
– Is the Cyber-physical system organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What is the purpose of Cyber-physical system in relation to the mission?
– How do we Lead with Cyber-physical system in Mind?
Idaho National Laboratory Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Idaho National Laboratory issues and finalize specific methods for Idaho National Laboratory acceptance.
– What are the key elements of your Cyber-physical system performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
Indoor positioning system Critical Criteria:
Analyze Indoor positioning system strategies and assess and formulate effective operational and Indoor positioning system strategies.
– Does Cyber-physical system analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are the business goals Cyber-physical system is aiming to achieve?
– Who sets the Cyber-physical system standards?
Industry 4.0 Critical Criteria:
Match Industry 4.0 projects and drive action.
– For your Cyber-physical system project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What are our needs in relation to Cyber-physical system skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How can skill-level changes improve Cyber-physical system?
Internet of Things Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Internet of Things risks and get the big picture.
– Designing internet of things (IoT) solutions can unlock innovation, increase efficiencies and create new competitive advantages. but in an emerging marketplace of mostly unknown and untested solutions, where do we start?
– Do individuals have an opportunity to consent to particular uses of the information, and if so, what is the procedure by which an individual would provide such consent?
– What procedures are in place to determine which users may access the system and are they documented?
– What are the critical success factors which will support the expansion and wide adoption of IoT applications?
– What type of training is required for users prior to receiving access to the information?
– What auditing measures and technical safeguards are in place to prevent misuse of data?
– Are there any provisions in place for auditing the recipients use of the information?
– Weve already invested in PKI how can we reuse it for mobility and internet of things?
– Is any form of notice provided to the individual prior to collection of information?
– Who should be involved in the definition of an IoT ethical charter?
– What is the foreseen roadmap of IoT applications with the main milestones?
– Have you established a Center of Excellence (COE) for the IoT?
– What are internet of things products with commercial success?
– What is the future of wireless mesh networks in your opinion?
– Which is your favorite internet of things hardware?
– Will contractors install the necessary equipment?
– What middlewares are used in Internet of things?
– What can we do to protect IoT solutions?
– How are the networks changing?
– What is an Agent?
Medical monitoring Critical Criteria:
Start Medical monitoring outcomes and ask questions.
– In a project to restructure Cyber-physical system outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How do we go about Comparing Cyber-physical system approaches/solutions?
National Science Foundation Critical Criteria:
Refer to National Science Foundation results and devote time assessing National Science Foundation and its risk.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Cyber-physical system process?
Predictive manufacturing system Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Predictive manufacturing system adoptions and point out improvements in Predictive manufacturing system.
– Among the Cyber-physical system product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Are there Cyber-physical system problems defined?
– Are there Cyber-physical system Models?
Process control system Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Process control system risks and describe the risks of Process control system sustainability.
– Is maximizing Cyber-physical system protection the same as minimizing Cyber-physical system loss?
– What is the source of the strategies for Cyber-physical system strengthening and reform?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Cyber-physical system?
Resilient control systems Critical Criteria:
Grade Resilient control systems planning and customize techniques for implementing Resilient control systems controls.
– In the case of a Cyber-physical system project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Cyber-physical system project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Cyber-physical system project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Cyber-physical system forward?
SAP AG Critical Criteria:
Boost SAP AG results and research ways can we become the SAP AG company that would put us out of business.
– To what extent does management recognize Cyber-physical system as a tool to increase the results?
– What about Cyber-physical system Analysis of results?
Schneider Electric Critical Criteria:
Chart Schneider Electric quality and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Schneider Electric is getting what it needs.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Cyber-physical system does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Cyber-physical system project?
Signal-flow graph Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Signal-flow graph tasks and correct Signal-flow graph management by competencies.
– How to Secure Cyber-physical system?
Smart grid Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Smart grid decisions and summarize a clear Smart grid focus.
– Think about the people you identified for your Cyber-physical system project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Does your organization perform vulnerability assessment activities as part of the acquisition cycle for products in each of the following areas: Cybersecurity, SCADA, smart grid, internet connectivity, and website hosting?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Cyber-physical system study?
Wireless network Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Wireless network projects and gather Wireless network models .
– If wireless technology is used, do perimeter firewalls exist between wireless networks and the payment card environment?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Cyber-physical system strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What percentage of classrooms in the school has access to the schools wireless network?
– How would one define Cyber-physical system leadership?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Cyber-physical system Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Cyber-physical system External links:
EuroCPS | Cyber-Physical Systems
Cyber-Physical Systems – a Concept Map
Cyber-Physical Systems Security | Udacity
Association for Computing Machinery External links:
Association for Computing Machinery | Climate for Change
Association for Computing Machinery
Association for Computing Machinery
Automatic pilot External links:
AUTOMATIC PILOT DEVICE – DECIS M,FR
Automatic pilot – AIRCRAFT PRODUCTS CO
Automatic Pilot – andhra.store
Chemical process External links:
Chemical Process Technology – thescale.store
Title Chemical Process Engineer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
20 Best Title:(chemical Process Operator) jobs (Hiring …
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
REAN Cloud – Managed Services | Cloud Computing | …
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Computer network External links:
15-1152.00 – Computer Network Support Specialists
Computer Networks – Journal – Elsevier
What is a Computer Network? Webopedia Definition
Critical infrastructure External links:
New EnergySec Site – Securing Critical Infrastructure
Embedded system External links:
Embedded system design (eBook, 2011) [WorldCat.org]
Embedded Systems 101 – Embedded Systems Learning …
Functional Mock-up Interface External links:
FMI – Functional Mock-up Interface
Related | Functional Mock-up Interface
Home appliance External links:
LG Home Appliance Rebates
Appliance Parts Omaha, NE | Nebraska Home Appliance
Extended Warranty: TV, Home Appliance & Laptops | Asurion
IEEE Spectrum External links:
IEEE Spectrum – Google+
IEEE Spectrum Webinar Certificates – Formsite
IEEE Spectrum – YouTube
Idaho National Laboratory External links:
Idaho National Laboratory Salaries | CareerBliss
Idaho National Laboratory-Idaho Falls-University of Idaho
Jobs at Idaho National Laboratory | Indeed.com
Indoor positioning system External links:
Senion | Indoor Positioning System | Indoor navigation
About – Senion | Indoor Positioning System
Indoor Positioning System – Safety Apps – 911Cellular LLC
Industry 4.0 External links:
QiO – Industry 4.0 Software Company
Industry 4.0 Connected Workers – Intellinium
A Leader’s Guide to Manufacturing 4.0 & Industry 4.0 | DDI
Internet of Things External links:
AT&T M2X: Build solutions for the Internet of Things
Particle: Connect your Internet of Things (IoT) devices
Leverege: Internet of Things (IoT) Platform and Solutions
Medical monitoring External links:
[PDF]OCCUPATIONAL MEDICAL MONITORING …
Welcome to WTC Medical Monitoring and Treatment Program
How Medical Monitoring Works – LifeStation
National Science Foundation External links:
NSF – National Science Foundation
Process control system External links:
Process Control System & Valve Education | Novaspect
Simonswood Automation | Process Control System …
Bailey Net-90 Process Control System Hardware – GovDeals.com
Resilient control systems External links:
“Towards Assurance Cases for Resilient Control Systems…
SAP AG External links:
User Management, SAP AG
User Management, SAP AG – Welcome! Please Sign in.
User Management, SAP AG
Schneider Electric External links:
APC by Schneider Electric – APC United Kingdom
EcoBuilding Exchange Home | Schneider Electric – The Exchange
Schneider Electric SE: EPA:SU quotes & news – Google …
Smart grid External links:
[PDF]Smart Grid Asset Descriptions
Smart Grid – AbeBooks
Honeywell Smart Grid
Wireless network External links:
Setting up a wireless network – Windows Help
WiGLE: Wireless Network Mapping
How to set up Wireless Network Connection in Windows …