What is involved in Mobile Security
Find out what the related areas are that Mobile Security connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Mobile Security thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Mobile Security journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Mobile Security leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Mobile Security related domains to cover and 132 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Mobile Security, Wi-Fi Protected Access, Internet security, Form grabbing, Text messaging, Timeline of computer viruses and worms, Mobile OS, Resource management, Mobile campaign, XHTML Mobile Profile, Mobile VoIP, Mobile advertising, Wireless security, European Telecommunications Standards Institute, Mobile news, Smudge attack, Mobile phone, Macro virus, Mobile music, Privilege escalation, Computer worm, Email spam, Mobile operating system, Network security, Android rooting, Wireless Public Key Infrastructure, Restrictions on cell phone use while driving in the United States, Camera phone, Mobile phone features, High Speed Packet Access, Mobile telephony, Application software, Read-only memory, Mobile marketing, Mobile phone charm, Ghost Push, Security by design, Computer network, GSM services, Mobile Web, Mobile application management, Code signing, Secure coding, Computer crime, Texting while driving, Comparison of smartphones, Mobile phones in prison, Telephone call, Security through obscurity, IEEE Transactions Electromagn. Compat., Mobile app development, Mobile cloud computing, Wireless Application Protocol, ABI Research, Siemens S55, Cellular frequencies:
Mobile Security Critical Criteria:
Analyze Mobile Security decisions and work towards be a leading Mobile Security expert.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Mobile Security models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Mobile Security processes?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Mobile Security move?
Wi-Fi Protected Access Critical Criteria:
Consult on Wi-Fi Protected Access planning and finalize specific methods for Wi-Fi Protected Access acceptance.
– If wireless technology is used, is wi-fi protected access (wpa) technology implemented for encryption and authentication when wpa-capable?
– Does Mobile Security systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Mobile Security with what users do day-to-day?
– Does Mobile Security analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Internet security Critical Criteria:
Generalize Internet security governance and grade techniques for implementing Internet security controls.
– For your Mobile Security project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Mobile Security activities?
– Have you identified your Mobile Security key performance indicators?
Form grabbing Critical Criteria:
Look at Form grabbing visions and cater for concise Form grabbing education.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Mobile Security Management?
– Why are Mobile Security skills important?
Text messaging Critical Criteria:
Guide Text messaging failures and arbitrate Text messaging techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Mobile Security?
– How do we manage Mobile Security Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Are there recognized Mobile Security problems?
Timeline of computer viruses and worms Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Timeline of computer viruses and worms projects and correct better engagement with Timeline of computer viruses and worms results.
– Is there a Mobile Security Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Mobile Security?
– Can we do Mobile Security without complex (expensive) analysis?
Mobile OS Critical Criteria:
Boost Mobile OS governance and slay a dragon.
– What are the disruptive Mobile Security technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Do we monitor the Mobile Security decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What threat is Mobile Security addressing?
Resource management Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Resource management failures and define what our big hairy audacious Resource management goal is.
– Imagine you work in the Human Resources department of a company considering a policy to protect its data on employees mobile devices. in advising on this policy, what rights should be considered?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Mobile Security process?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Mobile Security objectives?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Mobile Security processes?
– Can we reuse our existing resource management and configuration tools?
– Why study Human Resources management (hrm)?
Mobile campaign Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Mobile campaign quality and acquire concise Mobile campaign education.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Mobile Security project?
XHTML Mobile Profile Critical Criteria:
Consider XHTML Mobile Profile failures and slay a dragon.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Mobile Security into the services that we provide?
– How can we improve Mobile Security?
Mobile VoIP Critical Criteria:
Meet over Mobile VoIP results and catalog what business benefits will Mobile VoIP goals deliver if achieved.
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Mobile Security processes?
– Operators already suffered pain when skype was launched. should they face the challenge head on or stick to restrictions on voip services?
– What should the ntc do to facilitate interconnection between ip-based and circuitbased networks, and ensure technical compatibility?
– Will operators become pure pipe providers or be able to control their resources and create proper value?
– Do you have a reference document, relating to trouble reporting, trouble resolutions and escalations?
– How can operators avoid becoming simply pipes, and instead control their resources and create value?
– What is the proper regulatory classification for voip services (telecommunications or value-added)?
– Does your company list your mutual aid contact in the niif company specific contact directory?
– Does your company have emergency communications links with other interconnected companies?
– Is the security contact number posted for quick reference within your control locations?
– Should access to broadband services by residential or business consumers be subsidized?
– Who should be allowed to use, provide and/or benefit from voip?
– Why are investors so optimistic about facebook?
– What will dramatically change in the future?
– Fixed mobile convergence (fmc) what is it?
– Voice communication encrypted?
– Intelligent network over ip?
– Fmc what do users want?
Mobile advertising Critical Criteria:
Face Mobile advertising failures and raise human resource and employment practices for Mobile advertising.
– How do we know that any Mobile Security analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Who will provide the final approval of Mobile Security deliverables?
– Are we Assessing Mobile Security and Risk?
Wireless security Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Wireless security failures and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Wireless security projects.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Mobile Security experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
European Telecommunications Standards Institute Critical Criteria:
Distinguish European Telecommunications Standards Institute results and create a map for yourself.
– What is our formula for success in Mobile Security ?
– How would one define Mobile Security leadership?
Mobile news Critical Criteria:
X-ray Mobile news adoptions and forecast involvement of future Mobile news projects in development.
– Think about the functions involved in your Mobile Security project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Mobile Security leaders?
– What will drive Mobile Security change?
Smudge attack Critical Criteria:
Investigate Smudge attack issues and optimize Smudge attack leadership as a key to advancement.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Mobile Security? There might be some that are less obvious?
Mobile phone Critical Criteria:
Graph Mobile phone failures and attract Mobile phone skills.
– What are all of our Mobile Security domains and what do they do?
Macro virus Critical Criteria:
Explore Macro virus quality and look for lots of ideas.
– Do the Mobile Security decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Mobile music Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Mobile music results and overcome Mobile music skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Who needs to know about Mobile Security ?
Privilege escalation Critical Criteria:
Categorize Privilege escalation adoptions and pioneer acquisition of Privilege escalation systems.
– What business benefits will Mobile Security goals deliver if achieved?
Computer worm Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Computer worm risks and know what your objective is.
– How important is Mobile Security to the user organizations mission?
– How can skill-level changes improve Mobile Security?
– Why should we adopt a Mobile Security framework?
Email spam Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Email spam governance and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Email spam information.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Mobile Security services/products?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Mobile Security moving forward?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Mobile Security requirements in detail?
Mobile operating system Critical Criteria:
Merge Mobile operating system engagements and oversee Mobile operating system requirements.
– Do we all define Mobile Security in the same way?
– Are there Mobile Security problems defined?
Network security Critical Criteria:
Frame Network security failures and probe the present value of growth of Network security.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– In what ways are Mobile Security vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Are the disaster recovery plan (DRP) and the business contingency plan (BCP) tested annually?
– Does our organization need more Mobile Security education?
Android rooting Critical Criteria:
Design Android rooting projects and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Android rooting.
– What are internal and external Mobile Security relations?
– Why is Mobile Security important for you now?
– Is the scope of Mobile Security defined?
Wireless Public Key Infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Wireless Public Key Infrastructure strategies and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Wireless Public Key Infrastructure.
– How do we Improve Mobile Security service perception, and satisfaction?
Restrictions on cell phone use while driving in the United States Critical Criteria:
Participate in Restrictions on cell phone use while driving in the United States leadership and improve Restrictions on cell phone use while driving in the United States service perception.
– Will Mobile Security have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Mobile Security products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Camera phone Critical Criteria:
Chat re Camera phone planning and gather practices for scaling Camera phone.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Mobile Security processes of our organization?
– What is the purpose of Mobile Security in relation to the mission?
Mobile phone features Critical Criteria:
Recall Mobile phone features projects and find out what it really means.
– Are accountability and ownership for Mobile Security clearly defined?
High Speed Packet Access Critical Criteria:
Depict High Speed Packet Access issues and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of High Speed Packet Access.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration, Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Mobile Security in a volatile global economy?
Mobile telephony Critical Criteria:
Learn from Mobile telephony risks and catalog Mobile telephony activities.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Mobile Security agendas for the next 3 years?
Application software Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Application software goals and arbitrate Application software techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How do you manage the new access devices using their own new application software?
– How do we measure improved Mobile Security service perception, and satisfaction?
– Is the process effectively supported by the legacy application software?
– What are current Mobile Security Paradigms?
Read-only memory Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Read-only memory leadership and drive action.
– Can the access control product protect individual devices (e.g., floppy disks, compact disks–read-only memory CD-ROM, serial and parallel interfaces, and system clipboard)?
– Who sets the Mobile Security standards?
– How can the value of Mobile Security be defined?
Mobile marketing Critical Criteria:
Gauge Mobile marketing tactics and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Mobile marketing projects.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Mobile Security is underway?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Mobile Security project?
– What are the long-term Mobile Security goals?
Mobile phone charm Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Mobile phone charm visions and interpret which customers can’t participate in Mobile phone charm because they lack skills.
– What are the short and long-term Mobile Security goals?
– How to Secure Mobile Security?
Ghost Push Critical Criteria:
Mine Ghost Push tactics and devise Ghost Push key steps.
– What about Mobile Security Analysis of results?
Security by design Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Security by design decisions and define what do we need to start doing with Security by design.
– Consider your own Mobile Security project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Computer network governance and remodel and develop an effective Computer network strategy.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Mobile Security information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Is maximizing Mobile Security protection the same as minimizing Mobile Security loss?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
GSM services Critical Criteria:
Categorize GSM services results and finalize specific methods for GSM services acceptance.
– In the case of a Mobile Security project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Mobile Security project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Mobile Security project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Think about the people you identified for your Mobile Security project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are the key elements of your Mobile Security performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
Mobile Web Critical Criteria:
Scan Mobile Web risks and work towards be a leading Mobile Web expert.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Mobile Security workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Is Mobile Security dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Mobile application management Critical Criteria:
Review Mobile application management strategies and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Mobile application management.
Code signing Critical Criteria:
Recall Code signing projects and improve Code signing service perception.
– How can you negotiate Mobile Security successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Secure coding Critical Criteria:
Grasp Secure coding management and interpret which customers can’t participate in Secure coding because they lack skills.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Mobile Security delivery for example is new software needed?
Computer crime Critical Criteria:
Boost Computer crime management and oversee Computer crime management by competencies.
– Does Mobile Security create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Texting while driving Critical Criteria:
Infer Texting while driving goals and get going.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Mobile Security values?
– Does Mobile Security analysis show the relationships among important Mobile Security factors?
Comparison of smartphones Critical Criteria:
Study Comparison of smartphones leadership and handle a jump-start course to Comparison of smartphones.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Mobile Security strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What are the barriers to increased Mobile Security production?
– Have all basic functions of Mobile Security been defined?
Mobile phones in prison Critical Criteria:
Adapt Mobile phones in prison adoptions and integrate design thinking in Mobile phones in prison innovation.
– What are our needs in relation to Mobile Security skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Telephone call Critical Criteria:
X-ray Telephone call management and drive action.
– To what extent does management recognize Mobile Security as a tool to increase the results?
– Is Supporting Mobile Security documentation required?
– Are there Mobile Security Models?
Security through obscurity Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Security through obscurity outcomes and oversee Security through obscurity management by competencies.
– What is the source of the strategies for Mobile Security strengthening and reform?
IEEE Transactions Electromagn. Compat. Critical Criteria:
Investigate IEEE Transactions Electromagn. Compat. adoptions and spearhead techniques for implementing IEEE Transactions Electromagn. Compat..
– Do we have past Mobile Security Successes?
Mobile app development Critical Criteria:
Think about Mobile app development risks and finalize the present value of growth of Mobile app development.
– Which Mobile Security goals are the most important?
Mobile cloud computing Critical Criteria:
See the value of Mobile cloud computing issues and prioritize challenges of Mobile cloud computing.
Wireless Application Protocol Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Wireless Application Protocol outcomes and find the essential reading for Wireless Application Protocol researchers.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Mobile Security activities?
– What are our Mobile Security Processes?
ABI Research Critical Criteria:
Disseminate ABI Research goals and document what potential ABI Research megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Mobile Security process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Mobile Security process available?
Siemens S55 Critical Criteria:
Chart Siemens S55 tasks and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Siemens S55.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Mobile Security?
– Are assumptions made in Mobile Security stated explicitly?
– What are the usability implications of Mobile Security actions?
Cellular frequencies Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Cellular frequencies failures and shift your focus.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Mobile Security Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information: