What is involved in Cloud computing security
Find out what the related areas are that Cloud computing security connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Cloud computing security thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Cloud computing security journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Cloud computing security leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Cloud computing security related domains to cover and 159 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Cloud computing security, Public sector, Web API, Records management, Amazon Web Services, Rackspace Cloud, Apache CloudStack, Identity management system, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, Computer network, Searchable encryption, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, HPE Helion, Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand, Inktank Storage, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Secret key, VMware vCloud Air, Public-key encryption, Personally identifiable information, Audit trail, G Suite, Zadara Storage, Homomorphic encryption, Information security, Service-level agreement, Data masking, Software as a service, Computer hardware, Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002, Computer security, Hardware virtualization, EXo Platform, Comparison of structured storage software, IBM cloud computing, HP Cloud, Virtual private cloud, Attribute-based encryption, Distributed file system for cloud, Cloud computing, Abiquo Enterprise Edition, Platform as a service, Virtual appliance, Security as a service, Data recovery, Network security:
Cloud computing security Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Cloud computing security decisions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Cloud computing security decisions.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Cloud computing security process?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Cloud computing security opportunities costing us money?
– what is New About Cloud Computing Security?
– How to deal with Cloud computing security Changes?
Public sector Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Public sector failures and acquire concise Public sector education.
– For your Cloud computing security project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Cloud computing security?
– How do we Improve Cloud computing security service perception, and satisfaction?
Web API Critical Criteria:
Learn from Web API failures and spearhead techniques for implementing Web API.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Cloud computing security that make it risky?
– Is Cloud computing security Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Records management Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Records management results and develop and take control of the Records management initiative.
– Have records center personnel received training on the records management aspects of the Quality Assurance program?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Cloud computing security leader?
– What are all of our Cloud computing security domains and what do they do?
– What business benefits will Cloud computing security goals deliver if achieved?
Amazon Web Services Critical Criteria:
Guard Amazon Web Services visions and point out improvements in Amazon Web Services.
– What are our needs in relation to Cloud computing security skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
Rackspace Cloud Critical Criteria:
Investigate Rackspace Cloud outcomes and improve Rackspace Cloud service perception.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Cloud computing security processes?
– Which Cloud computing security goals are the most important?
– What is the name of the rackspace cloud service?
– How to Secure Cloud computing security?
Apache CloudStack Critical Criteria:
Frame Apache CloudStack projects and learn.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Cloud computing security services/products?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Cloud computing security moving forward?
– How is the value delivered by Cloud computing security being measured?
Identity management system Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Identity management system engagements and report on setting up Identity management system without losing ground.
– With so many identity management systems proposed, the big question is which one, if any, will provide the identity solution to become standard across the internet?
– Do those selected for the Cloud computing security team have a good general understanding of what Cloud computing security is all about?
– Does our organization need more Cloud computing security education?
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act projects and spearhead techniques for implementing Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
– Is the Cloud computing security organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Cloud computing security study?
– What threat is Cloud computing security addressing?
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 issues and attract Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 skills.
– what is the best design framework for Cloud computing security organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Do we have past Cloud computing security Successes?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Computer network risks and describe the risks of Computer network sustainability.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Cloud computing security objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– Have all basic functions of Cloud computing security been defined?
Searchable encryption Critical Criteria:
Trace Searchable encryption goals and shift your focus.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Cloud computing security activities?
– Are there Cloud computing security Models?
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard outcomes and acquire concise Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard education.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Cloud computing security, including any consulting or professional services?
– What are the short and long-term Cloud computing security goals?
– How will you measure your Cloud computing security effectiveness?
HPE Helion Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze HPE Helion results and assess what counts with HPE Helion that we are not counting.
– What are the key elements of your Cloud computing security performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Cloud computing security strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Is maximizing Cloud computing security protection the same as minimizing Cloud computing security loss?
Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand Critical Criteria:
Use past Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand adoptions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand projects.
– How do we go about Comparing Cloud computing security approaches/solutions?
– How do we maintain Cloud computing securitys Integrity?
Inktank Storage Critical Criteria:
Define Inktank Storage management and catalog Inktank Storage activities.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Cloud computing security?
– Is Cloud computing security Required?
Sarbanes-Oxley Act Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Sarbanes-Oxley Act projects and point out improvements in Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
– What is the source of the strategies for Cloud computing security strengthening and reform?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Cloud computing security activities?
– Who sets the Cloud computing security standards?
Secret key Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Secret key tactics and slay a dragon.
– Why is Cloud computing security important for you now?
– Are there recognized Cloud computing security problems?
VMware vCloud Air Critical Criteria:
Adapt VMware vCloud Air strategies and figure out ways to motivate other VMware vCloud Air users.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Cloud computing security processes?
– Think about the functions involved in your Cloud computing security project. what processes flow from these functions?
Public-key encryption Critical Criteria:
Chat re Public-key encryption tactics and get answers.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Cloud computing security leaders?
Personally identifiable information Critical Criteria:
See the value of Personally identifiable information leadership and overcome Personally identifiable information skills and management ineffectiveness.
– When sharing data, are appropriate procedures, such as sharing agreements, put in place to ensure that any Personally identifiable information remains strictly confidential and protected from unauthorized disclosure?
– Does Cloud computing security create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Cloud computing security? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Cloud computing security?
– Does the company collect personally identifiable information electronically?
– What is Personal Data or Personally Identifiable Information (PII)?
Audit trail Critical Criteria:
Probe Audit trail issues and balance specific methods for improving Audit trail results.
– How do we ensure Complete audit trails are maintained during the recovery period?
– Generate granular audit trails of all user actions to whatever level is needed?
– What is the purpose of Cloud computing security in relation to the mission?
G Suite Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on G Suite adoptions and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of G Suite.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Cloud computing security process?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Cloud computing security ?
– How much does Cloud computing security help?
Zadara Storage Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Zadara Storage adoptions and point out Zadara Storage tensions in leadership.
– Think about the people you identified for your Cloud computing security project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are the barriers to increased Cloud computing security production?
Homomorphic encryption Critical Criteria:
Consider Homomorphic encryption outcomes and ask questions.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Cloud computing security is underway?
– Are there any companies innovating around homomorphic encryption solutions to address cloud security concerns?
– How can we improve Cloud computing security?
Information security Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Information security tasks and work towards be a leading Information security expert.
– Has the organization established an Identity and Access Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines and which identifies users and network devices?
– Based on our information security Risk Management strategy, do we have official written information security and privacy policies, standards, or procedures?
– Is a risk treatment plan formulated to identify the appropriate mgmt action, resources, responsibilities and priorities for managing information security risks?
– Are information security events and weaknesses associated with information systems communicated in a manner to allow timely corrective action to be taken?
– Does this review include assessing opportunities for improvement, need for changes to the ISMS, review of information security policy & objectives?
– Do we have an official information security architecture, based on our Risk Management analysis and information security strategy?
– Is the risk assessment approach defined and suited to the ISMS, identified business information security, legal and regulatory requirements?
– Is the documented Information Security Mgmt System (ISMS) established, implemented, operated, monitored, reviewed, maintained and improved?
– Do suitable policies for the information security exist for all critical assets of the value added chain (degree of completeness)?
– Are information security roles and responsibilities coordinated and aligned with internal roles and external partners?
– Is there an up-to-date information security awareness and training program in place for all system users?
– Have the roles and responsibilities for information security been clearly defined within the company?
– Does your organization have a chief information security officer (ciso or equivalent title)?
– what is the difference between cyber security and information security?
– What is the goal of information security?
Service-level agreement Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Service-level agreement projects and budget for Service-level agreement challenges.
– In terms of service availability, can you get your vendor to sign a service-level agreement?
– How do we measure improved Cloud computing security service perception, and satisfaction?
– Why should we adopt a Cloud computing security framework?
– Are there Cloud computing security problems defined?
Data masking Critical Criteria:
Pilot Data masking outcomes and define Data masking competency-based leadership.
– Are inadequate approaches to data masking driving companies to compromise security?
– How do we Lead with Cloud computing security in Mind?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Shape Software as a service decisions and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Software as a service projects.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Cloud computing security strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
Computer hardware Critical Criteria:
Refer to Computer hardware strategies and find the essential reading for Computer hardware researchers.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Cloud computing security project?
– Does the Cloud computing security task fit the clients priorities?
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 Critical Criteria:
Coach on Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 goals and assess what counts with Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 that we are not counting.
– In what ways are Cloud computing security vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Cloud computing security requirements in detail?
Computer security Critical Criteria:
Shape Computer security issues and gather Computer security models .
– In the case of a Cloud computing security project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Cloud computing security project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Cloud computing security project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– Will the selection of a particular product limit the future choices of other computer security or operational modifications and improvements?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Cloud computing security delivery for example is new software needed?
Hardware virtualization Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Hardware virtualization quality and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Hardware virtualization projects.
– How do we Identify specific Cloud computing security investment and emerging trends?
EXo Platform Critical Criteria:
Chart EXo Platform risks and interpret which customers can’t participate in EXo Platform because they lack skills.
– How will you know that the Cloud computing security project has been successful?
– Is Supporting Cloud computing security documentation required?
– What are current Cloud computing security Paradigms?
Comparison of structured storage software Critical Criteria:
Look at Comparison of structured storage software goals and handle a jump-start course to Comparison of structured storage software.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Cloud computing security project?
IBM cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Differentiate IBM cloud computing failures and visualize why should people listen to you regarding IBM cloud computing.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Cloud computing security?
– Are assumptions made in Cloud computing security stated explicitly?
HP Cloud Critical Criteria:
Accommodate HP Cloud quality and observe effective HP Cloud.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Cloud computing security agendas for the next 3 years?
– What vendors make products that address the Cloud computing security needs?
Virtual private cloud Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Virtual private cloud results and get the big picture.
Attribute-based encryption Critical Criteria:
Use past Attribute-based encryption quality and ask questions.
– Can we do Cloud computing security without complex (expensive) analysis?
Distributed file system for cloud Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Distributed file system for cloud failures and separate what are the business goals Distributed file system for cloud is aiming to achieve.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Cloud computing security been identified and analyzed?
– What are the business goals Cloud computing security is aiming to achieve?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Discourse Cloud computing adoptions and overcome Cloud computing skills and management ineffectiveness.
– For a customer-facing application, is the move to cloud computing expected to increase the number of customers accessing it?
– How will technology advancements in soa, virtualization and cloud computing further enable saas adoption?
– What are the key business and technical challenges of transitioning to a cloud computing strategy?
– How should we report on the geographic location (street address) for cloud computing solutions?
– Aare there recommended best practices to help us decide whether they should move to the cloud?
– Do we require that confidential information in the cloud be stored within the united states?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– What new opportunities are either enabled by or potential drivers of cloud computing?
– what is the difference between an application service and an infrastructure service?
– What are the ways in which cloud computing and big data can work together?
– Have you taken into account the vulnerabilities of the cloud solution?
– Is cloud computing a threat to the real sense of ownership?
– Will cloud computing lead to a reduction in it expenditure?
– Is there any recourses about cloud computing performance?
– What is the first priority cloud security concern?
– What is scalability and why is it important?
– What problems does cloud computing solve?
– Cloud computing: could it cost more?
– what is the future of private cloud?
Abiquo Enterprise Edition Critical Criteria:
Focus on Abiquo Enterprise Edition outcomes and report on the economics of relationships managing Abiquo Enterprise Edition and constraints.
– Have you identified your Cloud computing security key performance indicators?
Platform as a service Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Platform as a service issues and devote time assessing Platform as a service and its risk.
– Is there a Cloud computing security Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What are internal and external Cloud computing security relations?
Virtual appliance Critical Criteria:
Track Virtual appliance goals and report on setting up Virtual appliance without losing ground.
– Will Cloud computing security have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How do we know that any Cloud computing security analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Think of your Cloud computing security project. what are the main functions?
Security as a service Critical Criteria:
X-ray Security as a service quality and maintain Security as a service for success.
Data recovery Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Data recovery risks and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Data recovery.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Cloud computing security forward?
– What is the most competent data recovery service in the us?
Network security Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Network security results and find the ideas you already have.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Cloud computing security. How do we gain traction?
– Are the disaster recovery plan (DRP) and the business contingency plan (BCP) tested annually?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Cloud computing security objectives?
– Who will provide the final approval of Cloud computing security deliverables?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Cloud computing security Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Cloud computing security External links:
Cloud Computing Security – Google Cloud
DoD Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide …
Public sector External links:
SunGard Public Sector NaviLine® – Indiana
NEOGOV HRMS | HR Software for Government & Public Sector
Web API External links:
Registration | Web API | CareerOneStop
Navionics Web API v2 – LAKE OF THE WOODS
Records management External links:
Document Storage – Records Management – Shredding | …
National Archives Records Management Information Page
Title and Records Management | Loan Portfolio Servicing
Amazon Web Services External links:
Amazon Web Services – Official Site
Amazon Web Services Simple Monthly Calculator
AWS re:Invent 2017 | Amazon Web Services
Rackspace Cloud External links:
Rackspace Cloud Drive – Desktop Sync | Rackspace Hosting
Rackspace Cloud Images API v2.0 – Rackspace Developer …
PubCon Exhibitor : Rackspace Cloud – Pubcon
Apache CloudStack External links:
Apache CloudStack Engineers – The CloudStack Company
Identity management system External links:
[PDF]Identity Management system quick reference guide
cdeapps.cde.state.co.us/IDM Quick Reference Guide Final.pdf
ISG – Identity Management System – Login
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act External links:
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
HIPAA – Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
[PDF]Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
Computer network External links:
How to find my computer network name – Mil Incorporated
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard External links:
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard – CyberArk
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard …
HPE Helion External links:
Caringo is Now HPE Helion Ready | Caringo
Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand External links:
VMware vCloud Air: Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand – …
VMware vCloud Air Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand | …
Inktank Storage External links:
Peter Trepp v. Inktank Storage, Inc. et al – Law360
Sarbanes-Oxley Act External links:
What is the Sarbanes-Oxley Act? definition and meaning
Sarbanes-Oxley Act Flashcards | Quizlet
Secret key External links:
The Daily Fiber Chart – Your Secret Key To Better Health
VMware vCloud Air External links:
VMware vCloud Air – Dedicated Cloud Platform | CenturyLink
VMware vCloud Air – User Management
VMware vCloud Air
Public-key encryption External links:
Public-Key encryption Demo – Computer Science
Personally identifiable information External links:
[PDF]Protecting Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
Personally Identifiable Information: HIPAA Best Practices
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) – RMDA
Audit trail External links:
[PDF]Registration Audit Trail – University of …
Audit Trail | FileMaker Community
An audit trail (also called audit log) is a security-relevant chronological record, set of records, and/or destination and source of records that provide documentary evidence of the sequence of activities that have affected at any time a specific operation, procedure, or event.
G Suite External links:
FAQs for G Suite – – Google
G Suite – Office of Information Technology
Zadara Storage External links:
Zadara Storage – Home | Facebook
Zadara Storage Executives, Organizational Chart, …
Zadara Storage – YouTube
Homomorphic encryption External links:
Hacker Lexicon: What Is Homomorphic Encryption? | WIRED
[PDF]A FULLY HOMOMORPHIC ENCRYPTION SCHEME A …
[PDF]Using Homomorphic Encryption for Large Scale …
Information security External links:
Managed Security Services | Information Security Solutions
Title & Settlement Information Security
Data masking External links:
Data Masking and Subsetting Guide – Contents
Software as a service External links:
Software As A Service – SaaS – Investopedia
Software as a Service | Accenture
Enterprise Gamification Software as a Service Platform
Computer hardware External links:
[H]ardOCP Computer Hardware Reviews and News
computer hardware A+ Flashcards | Quizlet
Computer Hardware, Software, Technology Solutions | Insight
Computer security External links:
Computer Security Products for Home Users | Kaspersky Lab …
Computer Security (Cybersecurity) – The New York Times
Naked Security – Computer Security News, Advice and …
Hardware virtualization External links:
How to Enable Hardware Virtualization – MEmu App Player
EXo Platform External links:
eXo Platform (@eXoPlatform) | Twitter
Streamline Team Collaboration with eXo Platform – YouTube
About eXo: Company overview and Goals | eXo Platform
HP Cloud External links:
An introduction to the HP Cloud – TechRepublic
HP Cloud Reviews | Latest Customer Reviews and Ratings
hp cloud matrix – Staples Inc.
Virtual private cloud External links:
Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) | Google Cloud Platform
Private Cloud Hosting with CloudConnect Virtual Private Cloud
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud – Official Site
Attribute-based encryption External links:
[PDF]Attribute-Based Encryption with Non-Monotonic …
Distributed file system for cloud External links:
Distributed file system for cloud – wireless-toolkit.com
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Cloud Computing and Data Center Infrastructure as a Service
Abiquo Enterprise Edition External links:
Platform as a service External links:
What is PaaS? Platform as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Captain Up :: Engagement Platform as a Service
Virtual appliance External links:
Virtual Appliances – FREE download Virtual Appliances
Virtual Appliance – FREE download Virtual Appliance
Virtual Appliance – Netwrix
Security as a service External links:
GoldKey Corporation | Security as a Service
Security as a service | Axis Communications
Trend Micro Deep Security as a Service
Data recovery External links:
Data Recovery is a reliable and practical single-function application for recovering deleted files on your system.Data Recovery requires no installation and
Ontrack | Data Recovery and eDiscovery
Network security External links:
NIKSUN – Network Security and Performance
Medicine Bow Technologies – Network Security Colorado