What is involved in Business communication
Find out what the related areas are that Business communication connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business communication thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business communication journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business communication leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business communication related domains to cover and 164 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business communication, Mediated cross-border communication, Outline of communication, Intrapersonal communication, Cultural studies, Ambient media, Microsoft PowerPoint, Models of communication, Media ecology, Science communication, Mass communication, Intercultural communication, Event management, Upward communication, Jürgen Habermas, Business communication, Aldous Huxley, Political communication, Discourse analysis, Customer relations, Text and conversation theory, Employee engagement, Video conferencing, Vilém Flusser, Communication design, Reputation management, Film criticism, Nonverbal communication, Word of mouth, Cross-cultural communication, Computer-mediated communication, Technical communication, Critical theory, Political science, International communication, Public relations, Interpersonal communication, Erving Goffman, Heritage interpretation, Development communication, Professional communication, Communication theory, Visual communication, Environmental communication, Risk communication, Digital rhetoric, Communication studies, Media studies, Print media, Information sharing, New media, Sociology of culture, Consumer behavior:
Business communication Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Business communication results and research ways can we become the Business communication company that would put us out of business.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Business communication goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Will Business communication deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How can skill-level changes improve Business communication?
Mediated cross-border communication Critical Criteria:
Guide Mediated cross-border communication projects and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Mediated cross-border communication.
– When a Business communication manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Are we Assessing Business communication and Risk?
Outline of communication Critical Criteria:
Graph Outline of communication goals and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Outline of communication projects.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Business communication services/products?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Business communication, including any consulting or professional services?
– Are there Business communication Models?
Intrapersonal communication Critical Criteria:
Study Intrapersonal communication engagements and probe the present value of growth of Intrapersonal communication.
– Does Business communication create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What is the purpose of Business communication in relation to the mission?
– What is Effective Business communication?
Cultural studies Critical Criteria:
Apply Cultural studies goals and secure Cultural studies creativity.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Business communication processes?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Business communication effort?
– What business benefits will Business communication goals deliver if achieved?
Ambient media Critical Criteria:
Investigate Ambient media adoptions and get the big picture.
– Does Business communication systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How do we keep improving Business communication?
– What is our Business communication Strategy?
Microsoft PowerPoint Critical Criteria:
Mine Microsoft PowerPoint governance and overcome Microsoft PowerPoint skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Business communication requirements in detail?
– Have you identified your Business communication key performance indicators?
– What are the usability implications of Business communication actions?
Models of communication Critical Criteria:
Generalize Models of communication decisions and innovate what needs to be done with Models of communication.
– How do we measure improved Business communication service perception, and satisfaction?
– Are assumptions made in Business communication stated explicitly?
Media ecology Critical Criteria:
Look at Media ecology tasks and finalize the present value of growth of Media ecology.
– Is the Business communication organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Is Business communication Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What are the barriers to increased Business communication production?
Science communication Critical Criteria:
Think about Science communication risks and slay a dragon.
– Are accountability and ownership for Business communication clearly defined?
– Which Business communication goals are the most important?
Mass communication Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Mass communication outcomes and explain and analyze the challenges of Mass communication.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Business communication experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Are there Business communication problems defined?
Intercultural communication Critical Criteria:
Sort Intercultural communication issues and innovate what needs to be done with Intercultural communication.
Event management Critical Criteria:
Rank Event management engagements and finalize specific methods for Event management acceptance.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Business communication?
– How do we go about Securing Business communication?
– What are current Business communication Paradigms?
Upward communication Critical Criteria:
Mix Upward communication governance and find the ideas you already have.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Business communication strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Business communication processes of our organization?
– How to Secure Business communication?
Jürgen Habermas Critical Criteria:
Survey Jürgen Habermas strategies and forecast involvement of future Jürgen Habermas projects in development.
– Why should we adopt a Business communication framework?
Business communication Critical Criteria:
Derive from Business communication planning and overcome Business communication skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Business communication activities?
– How do we Identify specific Business communication investment and emerging trends?
Aldous Huxley Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Aldous Huxley leadership and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Aldous Huxley.
– Is Supporting Business communication documentation required?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Business communication Management?
Political communication Critical Criteria:
Coach on Political communication goals and slay a dragon.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Business communication processes?
– Does Business communication analysis show the relationships among important Business communication factors?
Discourse analysis Critical Criteria:
Steer Discourse analysis decisions and create Discourse analysis explanations for all managers.
– How is the value delivered by Business communication being measured?
Customer relations Critical Criteria:
Depict Customer relations tactics and handle a jump-start course to Customer relations.
– Are there any restrictions within the standard support and maintenance agreement on the number of staff that can request support?
– Can the customer work with you to conduct separate disaster recovery tests in order to test/validate readiness?
– In the case of system downtime that exceeds an agreed-upon SLA, what remedies do you provide?
– How do customer relationship management systems provide value for businesses?
– When shipping a product, do you send tracking information to the customer?
– What level of customer involvement is required during the implementation?
– How is LTV calculated and how does it differ from ROI and profitability?
– What percentage of workstation sessions and calls must be recorded?
– Is there a pattern to our clients buying habits (e.g., seasonal)?
– How many current users will maintain and access the CRM program?
– What is your process for client reviews or acceptance testing?
– What are the necessary steps to evaluate a CRM solution?
– Does Customer Knowledge Affect How Loyalty Is Formed?
– What are the fastest growing CRM solutions right now?
– What is the products current release level/version?
– Is the user a member of an existing organization?
– How can we figure out LTV in Social CRM?
– What is the client software?
– Who Are Our Customers?
– What do they buy?
Text and conversation theory Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Text and conversation theory management and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Text and conversation theory information.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Business communication? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Business communication process?
– What are specific Business communication Rules to follow?
Employee engagement Critical Criteria:
Debate over Employee engagement planning and create Employee engagement explanations for all managers.
– Troubleshooting – are problems related to what is actually changing (the change), to the management of tasks and resources to make the change happen (project management) or to issues relating to employee engagement, buy-in and resistance (Change Management)?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Business communication is underway?
– What role can internal branding and employee engagement play in creating a positive brand experience?
– Do the drivers of employee engagement differ significantly in different regions of the world?
– Did a newly introduced employee benefit have a positive effect on employee engagement?
– Which managerial competencies foster higher levels of employee engagement?
– What specific factors are most associated with higher employee engagement?
– Why is employee engagement higher for some job functions than for others?
– Should we even be focusing on employee engagement?
Video conferencing Critical Criteria:
Track Video conferencing strategies and interpret which customers can’t participate in Video conferencing because they lack skills.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Business communication project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Business communication objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Vilém Flusser Critical Criteria:
Apply Vilém Flusser governance and oversee Vilém Flusser requirements.
– Do Business communication rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Do we all define Business communication in the same way?
Communication design Critical Criteria:
Mine Communication design leadership and acquire concise Communication design education.
– Think about the functions involved in your Business communication project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Is there any existing Business communication governance structure?
Reputation management Critical Criteria:
Value Reputation management results and proactively manage Reputation management risks.
– What are the key elements of your Business communication performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Can we do Business communication without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Do you have a plan in place for reputation management after an event?
Film criticism Critical Criteria:
Review Film criticism outcomes and slay a dragon.
– What are all of our Business communication domains and what do they do?
– Is the scope of Business communication defined?
Nonverbal communication Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Nonverbal communication outcomes and acquire concise Nonverbal communication education.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Business communication?
– Why are Business communication skills important?
Word of mouth Critical Criteria:
Dissect Word of mouth visions and summarize a clear Word of mouth focus.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Business communication study?
Cross-cultural communication Critical Criteria:
Focus on Cross-cultural communication governance and ask questions.
– Can we add value to the current Business communication decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Is there a Business communication Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Computer-mediated communication Critical Criteria:
Talk about Computer-mediated communication management and change contexts.
– Among the Business communication product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Do the Business communication decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Does Business communication appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Technical communication Critical Criteria:
Talk about Technical communication projects and point out Technical communication tensions in leadership.
– What are the disruptive Business communication technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Is maximizing Business communication protection the same as minimizing Business communication loss?
Critical theory Critical Criteria:
Map Critical theory management and explain and analyze the challenges of Critical theory.
– In a project to restructure Business communication outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What are internal and external Business communication relations?
Political science Critical Criteria:
Study Political science quality and optimize Political science leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Business communication project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Business communication project lifecycle?
– Does our organization need more Business communication education?
International communication Critical Criteria:
Look at International communication strategies and explore and align the progress in International communication.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Business communication objectives?
Public relations Critical Criteria:
Examine Public relations results and intervene in Public relations processes and leadership.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Business communication processes?
– If the single biggest influence in shaping consumers attitudes is community organizations, what are they and how can public relations help?
– What are your public relations problems and opportunities based on the product/program and consumer lifecycles?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Business communication with what users do day-to-day?
– What are the problems, opportunities and anticipated issues that public relations can address?
– What do public relations professionals need to do to become excellent leaders?
Interpersonal communication Critical Criteria:
Add value to Interpersonal communication tactics and integrate design thinking in Interpersonal communication innovation.
– What element(s) of interpersonal communications do you believe are the most important in a Customer Service environment?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Business communication activities?
– How to deal with Business communication Changes?
Erving Goffman Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Erving Goffman tactics and handle a jump-start course to Erving Goffman.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Business communication moving forward?
Heritage interpretation Critical Criteria:
Examine Heritage interpretation engagements and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Heritage interpretation.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Business communication process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Business communication process available?
Development communication Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Development communication governance and point out improvements in Development communication.
– Will Business communication have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How can the value of Business communication be defined?
Professional communication Critical Criteria:
Add value to Professional communication strategies and catalog Professional communication activities.
– Think about the people you identified for your Business communication project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
Communication theory Critical Criteria:
Recall Communication theory adoptions and budget for Communication theory challenges.
Visual communication Critical Criteria:
Depict Visual communication visions and point out Visual communication tensions in leadership.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Business communication product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Business communication models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Business communication delivery for example is new software needed?
Environmental communication Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Environmental communication goals and drive action.
– How important is Business communication to the user organizations mission?
Risk communication Critical Criteria:
Guide Risk communication outcomes and document what potential Risk communication megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What about Business communication Analysis of results?
– Risk Communication what to Communicate?
Digital rhetoric Critical Criteria:
Reason over Digital rhetoric tactics and observe effective Digital rhetoric.
– What is our formula for success in Business communication ?
Communication studies Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Communication studies failures and finalize specific methods for Communication studies acceptance.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Business communication leaders?
Media studies Critical Criteria:
Study Media studies goals and find the essential reading for Media studies researchers.
Print media Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Print media engagements and figure out ways to motivate other Print media users.
Information sharing Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Information sharing quality and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Information sharing.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Business communication. How do we gain traction?
New media Critical Criteria:
Graph New media goals and find out what it really means.
Sociology of culture Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Sociology of culture adoptions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Business communication workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
Consumer behavior Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Consumer behavior strategies and optimize Consumer behavior leadership as a key to advancement.
– How can you negotiate Business communication successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business communication Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business communication External links:
[PDF]BCM 247 BUSINESS COMMUNICATION Fall 2012 …
Intelligent Business Communication – Agnity Global
Cytranet – Business Communication
Mediated cross-border communication External links:
“Mediated cross-border communication” on Revolvy.com
broom02.revolvy.com/topic/Mediated cross-border communication
Mediated cross-border communication – Find link
Mediated cross-border communication – WOW.com
Intrapersonal communication External links:
Intrapersonal communication Flashcards | Quizlet
Cultural studies External links:
Literatures Cultural Studies and Linguistics
IXL – Foreign Language Immersion and Cultural Studies
Ambient media External links:
Khushi Ambient Media Solutions – Home | Facebook
Ambient Media — University of Minnesota Press
WORK – Ambient Media SC Event Lighting – Sound – …
Microsoft PowerPoint External links:
[PDF]Microsoft PowerPoint 2013
Models of communication External links:
Models of Communication Flashcards | Quizlet
Models of Communication | The Communication Process
Models of Communication Flashcards | Quizlet
Media ecology External links:
Chapter 25 Media Ecology Flashcards | Quizlet
Media Ecology Association – Home | Facebook
Science communication External links:
Science Communication Project
UC Santa Cruz – Science Communication Program
Mass communication External links:
School of Journalism and Mass Communication – …
Journalism 201: Intro to Mass Communication | UW …
Department of Journalism & Mass Communication – …
Intercultural communication External links:
ICEdge | Intercultural Communication Edge
Intercultural Communication – AbeBooks
Event management External links:
Whova – Award-winning Event App and Event Management …
RegFox Event Management Software
Event Management Software & On-Site Printing | Boomset
Upward communication External links:
Answer: C Explanation: C) Upward communication flows to a higher level in the group or from MANAGEMENT 340 at CSU Fullerton
INFOR/Lawson Finance Lead | IllinoisJobLink.com
ERIC – Upward Communication in a Large Organization., …
Jürgen Habermas External links:
Jürgen Habermas Interview – YouTube
ONTOLOGI HIBUA LAMO DALAM PERSPEKTIF JÜRGEN HABERMAS …
Business communication External links:
[PDF]BCM 247 BUSINESS COMMUNICATION Fall 2012 …
NextOS | All-in-One Business Communication Platform
Intelligent Business Communication – Agnity Global
Aldous Huxley External links:
Aldous Huxley – IMDb
Aldous Huxley – Biography – IMDb
Political communication External links:
Political Communication (Section 23)
Political Communication – Official Site
Political communication (eBook, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
Discourse analysis External links:
Critical Discourse Analysis Workshop – WGS – UNCG
Discourse Analysis and Written Discourse Conventions…
Introduction to Discourse Analysis | 2017 Linguistic Institute
Customer relations External links:
What Is Customer Relations? | Chron.com
Contact Customer Relations – Stewart
Employee engagement External links:
LifeWorks – Employee Engagement & Wellbeing
CultureIQ | Employee Engagement Surveys To …
Cool Choices | Employee Engagement Sustainability Game
Video conferencing External links:
HIPAA Compliant Video Conferencing for Telemental …
Vilém Flusser External links:
Vilém Flusser – Home | Facebook
Communication design External links:
School of Visual Communication Design | Kent State University
Thirst | Communication Design Practice
MPS Communication Design | Program Marketing
Reputation management External links:
eMerit – Online Reputation Management for Doctors
Reputation Management for Doctors, Dentists & Physicians
Healthcare Online Reputation Management | RepuGen
Film criticism External links:
Most Popular “Film Criticism” Titles – IMDb
Film Criticism on JSTOR
Nonverbal communication External links:
Types of Nonverbal Communication – Verywell
Nonverbal communication between people is communication through sending and receiving wordless clues. It includes the use of visual cues such as body language (kinesics), distance (proxemics) and physical environments/appearance, of voice (paralanguage) and of touch (haptics).
Nonverbal Communication – YouTube
Word of mouth External links:
Word of mouth (Book, 1996) [WorldCat.org]
Word Of Mouth – YouTube
Cross-cultural communication External links:
ERIC – Cross-Cultural Communication., 1983
AMPU Guide: Common Cross-cultural Communication …
How to Improve Your Cross-Cultural Communication for …
Technical communication External links:
Technical Communication, 14th Edition – MyPearsonStore
Technical communication. (Book, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
TechComm – Society for Technical Communication
Critical theory External links:
Cultural Theory: Frankfurt School Critical Theory – YouTube
Philosophy | Marx & Critical Theory | Amherst College
ERIC – Thesaurus – Critical Theory
Political science External links:
Welcome | Department of Political Science
Political Science – University of Alabama
International communication External links:
London School of International Communication
Confrad | international communication alliance
International Communication Association – Official Site
Public relations External links:
Public Relations Job Titles and Descriptions – The Balance
Most Popular “Public Relations” Titles – IMDb
VocusPR – Cision Public Relations
Interpersonal communication External links:
Interpersonal communication (Book, 2011) [WorldCat.org]
Free interpersonal communication Essays and Papers
Interpersonal Communication – AbeBooks
Erving Goffman External links:
Erving Goffman And You | Educational Video Series
Erving Goffman – Interaction Ritual – YouTube
Erving Goffman – Biography and Works – ThoughtCo
Heritage interpretation External links:
Heritage interpretation (eBook, 1900) [WorldCat.org]
Heritage interpretation (eBook, 2006) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Heritage Interpretation – zuoyue.store
Development communication External links:
Africa Centre for Development Communication – Home | …
ERIC – Thesaurus – Development Communication
CDC India – Centre for Development Communication
Professional communication External links:
Adjunct, Business and Professional Communication
Business and Professional Communication: Where Are …
Professional communication (eBook, 2010) [WorldCat.org]
Communication theory External links:
What Is Communication Theory? Essay – 1256 Words
Communication theory (Book, 1980) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]INTRODUCTION TO COMMUNICATION THEORY
Visual communication External links:
CWOVC | Center for Written, Oral, & Visual Communication
The Center for Written, Oral, & Visual Communication
School of Visual Communication Design | Kent State University
Environmental communication External links:
Risk communication External links:
Risk Communication | Risk Assessment | US EPA
Risk Communication (Book, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
Risk communication (Book, 2004) [WorldCat.org]
Digital rhetoric External links:
Digital Rhetoric – University of Michigan Press
ENGH 508: Digital Rhetoric – English
Communication studies External links:
Department of Communication Studies – TCNJ
Department of Communication Studies
Department of Communication Studies | South Dakota …
Media studies External links:
Film and Media Studies · Lafayette College
SCMS Annual Conference – Society For Cinema and Media Studies
Film and Media Studies Program | Georgetown University
Print media External links:
R.P.M – Rapid Print Media, Kununurra
Print Media Centr – Print Long and Prosper | The Printerverse
Print Media Buying, Newspaper, Magazine Advertisment …
Information sharing External links:
Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act (CISA) – …
[PDF]Information Sharing Rules of the Road
Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center …
New media External links:
Centerline New Media – Official Site
New Media (2011) – IMDb
Sociology of culture External links:
The sociology of culture (Book, 1982) [WorldCat.org]
Janet Wolff – “Cultural Studies and the Sociology of Culture”
Sociology Of Culture – telemart.store
Consumer behavior External links:
Chapter 9 Consumer Behavior Flashcards | Quizlet
Consumer behavior (Book, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
Consumer behavior (Book, 2012) [WorldCat.org]