What is involved in Internet of Things
Find out what the related areas are that Internet of Things connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Internet of Things thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Internet of Things journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Internet of Things leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Internet of Things related domains to cover and 173 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Internet of Things, Ethernet hub, Smarter Planet, Original equipment manufacturer, Hypertext Transfer Protocol, Santander, Spain, Big data, Software libraries, Medical device, Electric Imp, Power-line communication, Indoor positioning system, Vendor lock-in, Industry 4.0, Embedded database, At Work, Very-small-aperture terminal, Nest Labs, Ambient Devices, Fair Credit Reporting Act, .NET Gadgeteer, Distributed denial of service attack, Songdo International Business District, Intelligent maintenance system, Energy management, Defective by Design, Jussi Karlgren, Federal Communications Commission, IEEE 802.15.4, Click through rate, Bluetooth low energy, Memory footprint, Industrial big data, Device ecology, Chaos theory, Gilles Deleuze, Custom firmware, Electricity generation, Edge device, Novell Embedded Systems Technology, Internet 0, PubMed Central, Closed platform, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, IPv4 address exhaustion, Water quality, End-user license agreement, Environmental monitoring, Embedded Java, Transport Layer Security, Digital control, Gaetano Borriello:
Internet of Things Critical Criteria:
Study Internet of Things issues and explore and align the progress in Internet of Things.
– The pharmaceutical industry is also taking advantage of digital progress. It is using IoT for supply chain security in packaging and tracking of drugs. There are new companies using computer chips in pills for tracking adherence to drug regimens and associated biometrics. Using this as an example, how will we use and protect this sensitive data?
– Do we put an IAM architect in the IoT center of excellence? Hastily deployed pockets of identity infrastructure need to be maintained for the full lifetime of the devices. You do not want to set a presence of systems with low assurance levels that an organization later must handle. Do you need end-to-end authentication and authorization?
– Do individuals have an opportunity to consent to particular uses of the information, and if so, what is the procedure by which an individual would provide such consent?
– Do we seem to be indifferent towards research on the internet of things as compared to peers?
– Do individuals have an opportunity and/or right to decline to provide information?
– How has the project, application or website been marketed to potential users?
– How to effectively and fairly allocate resources among a collection of competing users?
– What impacts on users, clients and the business must be planned for?
– Is there a standard or an effort to standardize internet of things?
– Why favor the use of a cloud-based IoT platform for development?
– What startups are focused on the Internet of Things IoT?
– Design for networking agnosticism: what is in a thing?
– What is the minimum acceptable level of reliability?
– What kinds of security mechanisms are available?
– Does our security contain security theater?
– Are you ready to be an Insurer of Things?
– How will you access customers?
– Iot solutions: what is involved?
– How are the networks changing?
Ethernet hub Critical Criteria:
Value Ethernet hub tasks and revise understanding of Ethernet hub architectures.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Internet of Things objectives?
– What vendors make products that address the Internet of Things needs?
Smarter Planet Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Smarter Planet failures and overcome Smarter Planet skills and management ineffectiveness.
– How likely is the current Internet of Things plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Are assumptions made in Internet of Things stated explicitly?
– How would one define Internet of Things leadership?
Original equipment manufacturer Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Original equipment manufacturer results and ask questions.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Internet of Things product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Internet of Things with what users do day-to-day?
– Think of your Internet of Things project. what are the main functions?
Hypertext Transfer Protocol Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Hypertext Transfer Protocol quality and observe effective Hypertext Transfer Protocol.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Internet of Things activities?
– How can skill-level changes improve Internet of Things?
Santander, Spain Critical Criteria:
Track Santander, Spain projects and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Santander, Spain is getting what it needs.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Internet of Things is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Internet of Things strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Internet of Things study?
Big data Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Big data decisions and define what our big hairy audacious Big data goal is.
– While a move from Oracles MySQL may be necessary because of its inability to handle key big data use cases, why should that move involve a switch to Apache Cassandra and DataStax Enterprise?
– From all data collected by your organization, what is approximately the share of external data (collected from external sources), compared to internal data (produced by your operations)?
– Is your organizations business affected by regulatory restrictions on data/servers localisation requirements?
– To what extent does data-driven innovation add to the competitive advantage (CA) of your company?
– Do we understand public perception of transportation service delivery at any given time?
– Can we measure the basic performance measures consistently and comprehensively?
– What can management do to improve value creation from data-driven innovation?
– Can good algorithms, models, heuristics overcome Data Quality problems?
– When we plan and design, how well do we capture previous experience?
– With more data to analyze, can Big Data improve decision-making?
– At which levels do you see the need for standardisation actions?
– What (additional) data do these algorithms need to be effective?
– Does your organization buy datasets from other entities?
– Where do you see the need for standardisation actions?
– How do you handle Big Data in Analytic Applications?
– What are our tools for big data analytics?
– How to attract and keep the community involved?
– How to deal with too much data?
– Does Big Data Really Need HPC?
– What about Volunteered data?
Software libraries Critical Criteria:
Add value to Software libraries adoptions and adjust implementation of Software libraries.
– How can the value of Internet of Things be defined?
Medical device Critical Criteria:
Match Medical device risks and assess and formulate effective operational and Medical device strategies.
– Think about the people you identified for your Internet of Things project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are the usability implications of Internet of Things actions?
– Is a Internet of Things Team Work effort in place?
Electric Imp Critical Criteria:
Scan Electric Imp projects and report on developing an effective Electric Imp strategy.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Internet of Things project?
– How do we measure improved Internet of Things service perception, and satisfaction?
– Why should we adopt a Internet of Things framework?
Power-line communication Critical Criteria:
Investigate Power-line communication adoptions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Power-line communication is getting what it needs.
– Can we do Internet of Things without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Are there Internet of Things Models?
Indoor positioning system Critical Criteria:
Generalize Indoor positioning system quality and perfect Indoor positioning system conflict management.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Internet of Things?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Internet of Things move?
Vendor lock-in Critical Criteria:
Analyze Vendor lock-in engagements and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Vendor lock-in projects.
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– Do you see areas in your domain or across domains where vendor lock-in is a potential risk?
– What is an example of cloud vendor lock-in?
Industry 4.0 Critical Criteria:
Depict Industry 4.0 issues and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Industry 4.0.
– Is there a Internet of Things Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Do we monitor the Internet of Things decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Will Internet of Things deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Embedded database Critical Criteria:
Grade Embedded database failures and assess what counts with Embedded database that we are not counting.
– What about Internet of Things Analysis of results?
At Work Critical Criteria:
Accelerate At Work risks and reduce At Work costs.
– In the same way that you profile content against business goals or user needs, you can profile it according to brand alignment. Are you emphasizing content that works against your brand positioning?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Internet of Things into the services that we provide?
– Describe a time when you were faced with problems or stresses at work that tested your coping skills. what did you do?
– What is a good managed service provider for aws or a provider that works across all the major cloud providers?
– Everyone in the development group had a lot to accomplish, so why wasnt the whole department hard at work at 9 a.m.?
– Should pay levels and differences reflect what workers are used to in their own countries?
– Are you emphasizing content that works against your brand positioning?
– What work has been done internally to establish an ERM process?
– Based on your project communication management plan, what worked well?
– What work wouldnt get done if no more funds were added?
– What work has been done internally to establish an ERM process?
– What are our Internet of Things Processes?
– What work is involved?
– What works well now?
Very-small-aperture terminal Critical Criteria:
Rank Very-small-aperture terminal failures and gather practices for scaling Very-small-aperture terminal.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Internet of Things does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Internet of Things?
– Have all basic functions of Internet of Things been defined?
Nest Labs Critical Criteria:
Examine Nest Labs governance and gather practices for scaling Nest Labs.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Internet of Things agendas for the next 3 years?
– What are the business goals Internet of Things is aiming to achieve?
Ambient Devices Critical Criteria:
Use past Ambient Devices risks and track iterative Ambient Devices results.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Internet of Things project manager?
– How do we go about Comparing Internet of Things approaches/solutions?
– Why are Internet of Things skills important?
Fair Credit Reporting Act Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Fair Credit Reporting Act strategies and question.
– Can we add value to the current Internet of Things decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Internet of Things values?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Internet of Things opportunities costing us money?
.NET Gadgeteer Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on .NET Gadgeteer goals and do something to it.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Internet of Things leader?
– How will you know that the Internet of Things project has been successful?
– How do we manage Internet of Things Knowledge Management (KM)?
Distributed denial of service attack Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Distributed denial of service attack results and figure out ways to motivate other Distributed denial of service attack users.
– How is the value delivered by Internet of Things being measured?
– How do we go about Securing Internet of Things?
Songdo International Business District Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Songdo International Business District leadership and probe Songdo International Business District strategic alliances.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Internet of Things strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Internet of Things project?
– What are the barriers to increased Internet of Things production?
Intelligent maintenance system Critical Criteria:
Discuss Intelligent maintenance system outcomes and assess and formulate effective operational and Intelligent maintenance system strategies.
– In what ways are Internet of Things vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Internet of Things ?
Energy management Critical Criteria:
Shape Energy management projects and finalize specific methods for Energy management acceptance.
– Think about the functions involved in your Internet of Things project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What are the long-term Internet of Things goals?
Defective by Design Critical Criteria:
See the value of Defective by Design strategies and check on ways to get started with Defective by Design.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Internet of Things moving forward?
– Does Internet of Things appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Are we Assessing Internet of Things and Risk?
Jussi Karlgren Critical Criteria:
Generalize Jussi Karlgren risks and change contexts.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Internet of Things requirements in detail?
– What will drive Internet of Things change?
– Is the scope of Internet of Things defined?
Federal Communications Commission Critical Criteria:
Gauge Federal Communications Commission engagements and explain and analyze the challenges of Federal Communications Commission.
– What is Effective Internet of Things?
IEEE 802.15.4 Critical Criteria:
Participate in IEEE 802.15.4 visions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive IEEE 802.15.4 services.
– what is the best design framework for Internet of Things organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Internet of Things?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Internet of Things Management?
Click through rate Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Click through rate projects and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Click through rate information.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Internet of Things processes?
Bluetooth low energy Critical Criteria:
Confer re Bluetooth low energy failures and intervene in Bluetooth low energy processes and leadership.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Internet of Things processes?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Internet of Things products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What is our Internet of Things Strategy?
Memory footprint Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Memory footprint visions and tour deciding if Memory footprint progress is made.
– What are our needs in relation to Internet of Things skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How to deal with Internet of Things Changes?
Industrial big data Critical Criteria:
Confer re Industrial big data results and define Industrial big data competency-based leadership.
– Among the Internet of Things product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How can you negotiate Internet of Things successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Device ecology Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Device ecology visions and customize techniques for implementing Device ecology controls.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Internet of Things information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Is there any existing Internet of Things governance structure?
Chaos theory Critical Criteria:
Steer Chaos theory decisions and tour deciding if Chaos theory progress is made.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Internet of Things project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Internet of Things project lifecycle?
– Do we have past Internet of Things Successes?
Gilles Deleuze Critical Criteria:
X-ray Gilles Deleuze strategies and secure Gilles Deleuze creativity.
– Which customers cant participate in our Internet of Things domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Who will provide the final approval of Internet of Things deliverables?
– Does the Internet of Things task fit the clients priorities?
Custom firmware Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Custom firmware outcomes and adjust implementation of Custom firmware.
Electricity generation Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Electricity generation quality and shift your focus.
– Consider your own Internet of Things project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What threat is Internet of Things addressing?
Edge device Critical Criteria:
Test Edge device tactics and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Edge device results.
– Does Internet of Things systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How will IoT edge devices be monitored, managed and updated?
– Who sets the Internet of Things standards?
Novell Embedded Systems Technology Critical Criteria:
Investigate Novell Embedded Systems Technology visions and create Novell Embedded Systems Technology explanations for all managers.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Internet of Things leaders?
Internet 0 Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Internet 0 visions and get the big picture.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Internet of Things workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How do we Lead with Internet of Things in Mind?
PubMed Central Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on PubMed Central decisions and oversee PubMed Central requirements.
Closed platform Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Closed platform projects and adopt an insight outlook.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Internet of Things process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Internet of Things process available?
– What are the disruptive Internet of Things technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Critical Criteria:
Boost Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers tasks and ask what if.
IPv4 address exhaustion Critical Criteria:
Explore IPv4 address exhaustion leadership and define what do we need to start doing with IPv4 address exhaustion.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Internet of Things goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Does Internet of Things analysis show the relationships among important Internet of Things factors?
– Why is Internet of Things important for you now?
Water quality Critical Criteria:
Study Water quality strategies and reduce Water quality costs.
– Which Internet of Things goals are the most important?
– What are specific Internet of Things Rules to follow?
End-user license agreement Critical Criteria:
Accumulate End-user license agreement leadership and achieve a single End-user license agreement view and bringing data together.
– To what extent does management recognize Internet of Things as a tool to increase the results?
Environmental monitoring Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Environmental monitoring tasks and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Environmental monitoring services.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Internet of Things is underway?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Internet of Things project?
– How important is Internet of Things to the user organizations mission?
Embedded Java Critical Criteria:
Consult on Embedded Java tactics and shift your focus.
– Is maximizing Internet of Things protection the same as minimizing Internet of Things loss?
Transport Layer Security Critical Criteria:
Graph Transport Layer Security leadership and pioneer acquisition of Transport Layer Security systems.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Internet of Things services/products?
Digital control Critical Criteria:
Pilot Digital control quality and report on developing an effective Digital control strategy.
– What are the key elements of your Internet of Things performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
Gaetano Borriello Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Gaetano Borriello decisions and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Gaetano Borriello.
– What are all of our Internet of Things domains and what do they do?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Internet of Things Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Internet of Things External links:
Internet Of Things By Intel® – Smarter, More Connected Things
http://Ad · www.intel.com/IoT
Internet of Things – Microsoft Internet of Things Blog
AT&T M2X: Build solutions for the Internet of Things
Ethernet hub External links:
Ethernet Hub | eBay
[PDF]Model EN104TP/EN106TP/EN108TP Ethernet Hub …
ethernet hub – Staples®
Original equipment manufacturer External links:
Original Equipment Manufacturer – OEM – Investopedia
Hypertext Transfer Protocol External links:
Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) – Techopedia.com
Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Status Code Registry
Santander, Spain External links:
Santander, Spain Class Events | Eventbrite
Culinary Santander (Santander, Spain) | Meetup
Big data External links:
Loudr: Big Data for Music Rights
Event Hubs – Cloud big data solutions | Microsoft Azure
Databricks – Making Big Data Simple
Software libraries External links:
eCabinet Systems Software Libraries
Electric Imp External links:
Electric Imp — Electric Imp Platform: BlinkUp™
Indoor positioning system External links:
Indoor Positioning System – Safety Apps – 911Cellular
Senion | Indoor Positioning System | Indoor navigation
Teldio | IPS Indoor Positioning System for MOTOTRBO
Industry 4.0 External links:
Industry 4.0 – Infosys
Embedded database External links:
SEPM Embedded database “Assertion failed: 200505” …
Embedded database option in Deep Security – Trend Micro
Gigaom | Know Your Embedded Database Cost
At Work External links:
G4S US Perks at Work
Convergys Perks at Work
Home Depot Perks at Work
Nest Labs External links:
Nest Labs Learning Thermostat T3007ES (US) – Micro Center
Ambient Devices External links:
Ambient Devices – Stock Orb
Ambient Devices Company Profile | Owler
Ambient Devices – Ambient Devices
.NET Gadgeteer External links:
.NET Gadgeteer – YouTube
Microsoft .NET Gadgeteer – Home
Songdo International Business District External links:
SONGDO INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS DISTRICT – Gale International
Driving in Songdo International Business District (송도 …
Intelligent maintenance system External links:
[PDF]Intelligent Maintenance System Analytics and GE …
[PDF]I2MS2C – Intelligent Maintenance System …
Intelligent Maintenance System – The Connector
Energy management External links:
JadeTrack – Energy Management & Sustainability …
MyOGEpower.com – Interactive Energy Management
Defective by Design External links:
Defective by Design – Official Site
Defective by Design | Know Your Meme
Defective By Design | Listen and Stream Free Music, …
Federal Communications Commission External links:
Federal Communications Commission | The United …
[PDF]Federal Communications Commission DA 17-973 …
Federal Communications Commission – Home | Facebook
IEEE 802.15.4 External links:
[PDF]IEEE 802.15.4 and Zigbee – University of Kentucky
Click through rate External links:
CSG’s Click Through Rate Calculator
Bluetooth low energy External links:
Buy LELink Bluetooth Low Energy BLE OBD-II OBD2 Car Diagnostic Tool For iPhone/iPod/iPad: Code Readers & Scan Tools – Amazon.com FREE …
One Day Essay: Thesis Bluetooth Low Energy always …
Inside Bluetooth Low Energy. (eBook, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
Memory footprint External links:
.NET EXE memory footprint – Stack Overflow
C# Dictionary: faster access but less memory footprint
Industrial big data External links:
Industrial Big Data | ZDNet
Chaos theory External links:
Chaos Theory – AbeBooks
“ER” Chaos Theory (TV Episode 2002) – IMDb
Chaos Theory Essays – ManyEssays.com
Gilles Deleuze External links:
Gilles Deleuze | French philosopher | Britannica.com
Gilles Deleuze (cours) – YouTube
Gilles Deleuze — University of Minnesota Press
Custom firmware External links:
Installing Custom Firmware on a PSP: 9 Steps – Instructables
How to downgrade PS3 custom firmware back to 3.55 – YouTube
How to Install 3.90 M33 Custom Firmware on a PSP: 8 Steps
Electricity generation External links:
Electricity generation and cooling water use: UK …
Renewable Electricity Generation | Department of Energy
Edge device External links:
Tactical Edge Device | Harris
Novell Embedded Systems Technology External links:
Novell Embedded Systems Technology, subst. Böjn.: …
NEST means Novell Embedded Systems Technology – All …
NEST – Novell Embedded Systems Technology
Internet 0 External links:
No Internet 0.1.2 on Scratch
Dealers 1 Internet 0 – Forbes
PubMed Central External links:
TMC Library | PubMed Central
Pubmed Central | NIH Library
PubMed Central | Rutgers University Libraries
Closed platform External links:
[INTO THE CLOSED PLATFORM] SMRT (4) Train Ride: …
IPv4 address exhaustion External links:
[PDF]IPv4 Address Exhaustion – Home – IEEE-USA
Network Address Translation and IPv4 Address Exhaustion…
Water quality External links:
Water Quality Association – Official Site
California Integrated Water Quality System
End-user license agreement External links:
Downloads – Adobe End-User License Agreement
[PDF]END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR ZIPLOGIX …
Login – End-User License Agreement
Environmental monitoring External links:
[PDF]Title: Environmental Monitoring Guideline – Trakhees
Environmental Monitoring – RPM-2 RPM-2
Periodic Occupational and Environmental Monitoring …
Embedded Java External links:
Zulu Embedded Java — 100% open source OpenJDK builds …
Java Web Start vs Embedded Java Applet – Stack Overflow
Desktop, Server, Embedded Java SE Implementations – Excelsior
Transport Layer Security External links:
What is Transport Layer Security? | Computer Security – …
What is Transport Layer Security? – Quora
Gaetano Borriello External links:
Gaetano Borriello, father of 0 – Ancestry