What is involved in Systems development life cycle
Find out what the related areas are that Systems development life cycle connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Systems development life cycle thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Systems development life cycle journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Systems development life cycle leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Systems development life cycle related domains to cover and 244 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Systems development life cycle, Automation testing, Object model, System Sequence Diagram, Radhika Nagpal, Design review, Software quality assurance, Quality management, Unit testing, Waterfall model, White-box testing, End-user development, Peri Tarr, Computer science, Functional specification, IPO Model, Statement of work, Computer programming, Business conglomerate, Aerospace engineering, Configuration management, Service-oriented architecture, Office of Government Commerce, Software configuration management, Project management, Reliability engineering, Niklaus Wirth, Spiral model, Software architecture, Software deployment, Danese Cooper, User acceptance testing, Data model, Bertrand Meyer, Quality function deployment, Project life cycle, Structured analysis, Software testing, Software prototyping, Joint applications development, Defect tracking, Structured systems analysis and design method, System dynamics, Systems engineering, Watts Humphrey, ISO/IEC 15504, View model, Wernher von Braun, Software engineering, Software maintenance, Software verification and validation, System testing, Regression testing, Incremental build model, Enterprise architecture, System integration, Work breakdown structure, Feasibility study, Trygve Reenskaug, Fabrycky, W. J., Performance engineering, Object oriented, Computer engineering, Iterative and incremental development, Conceptual model, Ivar Jacobson, Blanchard, B. S., Systems development life cycle, Safety engineering, Black-box testing, Software design:
Systems development life cycle Critical Criteria:
Explore Systems development life cycle issues and secure Systems development life cycle creativity.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Systems development life cycle information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Systems development life cycle?
– How do we know that any Systems development life cycle analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Why is the systems development life cycle considered an iterative process?
– What are the five steps in the systems development life cycle (sdlc)?
Automation testing Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Automation testing outcomes and differentiate in coordinating Automation testing.
– In what ways are Systems development life cycle vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Systems development life cycle process?
– How do we Improve Systems development life cycle service perception, and satisfaction?
Object model Critical Criteria:
Test Object model engagements and develop and take control of the Object model initiative.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Systems development life cycle opportunities costing us money?
– Is the Systems development life cycle organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What will drive Systems development life cycle change?
System Sequence Diagram Critical Criteria:
Distinguish System Sequence Diagram failures and tour deciding if System Sequence Diagram progress is made.
– How do we manage Systems development life cycle Knowledge Management (KM)?
– How would one define Systems development life cycle leadership?
– Are we Assessing Systems development life cycle and Risk?
Radhika Nagpal Critical Criteria:
Administer Radhika Nagpal tactics and overcome Radhika Nagpal skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What are our needs in relation to Systems development life cycle skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Systems development life cycle ?
– Are there Systems development life cycle problems defined?
Design review Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Design review management and integrate design thinking in Design review innovation.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Systems development life cycle? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Systems development life cycle delivery for example is new software needed?
– Does our organization need more Systems development life cycle education?
Software quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Canvass Software quality assurance engagements and create a map for yourself.
– Think about the people you identified for your Systems development life cycle project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– What are the short and long-term Systems development life cycle goals?
– Which Systems development life cycle goals are the most important?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Investigate Quality management failures and point out improvements in Quality management.
– In the case of a Systems development life cycle project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Systems development life cycle project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Systems development life cycle project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Systems development life cycle leader?
– What are internal and external Systems development life cycle relations?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
Unit testing Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Unit testing planning and define what do we need to start doing with Unit testing.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Systems development life cycle leaders?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Systems development life cycle study?
– How do we keep improving Systems development life cycle?
Waterfall model Critical Criteria:
Coach on Waterfall model decisions and describe which business rules are needed as Waterfall model interface.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Systems development life cycle is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
White-box testing Critical Criteria:
Confer re White-box testing adoptions and achieve a single White-box testing view and bringing data together.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Systems development life cycle project?
– How will you measure your Systems development life cycle effectiveness?
– Is the scope of Systems development life cycle defined?
End-user development Critical Criteria:
Steer End-user development projects and get going.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Systems development life cycle project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Systems development life cycle project lifecycle?
Peri Tarr Critical Criteria:
Gauge Peri Tarr visions and achieve a single Peri Tarr view and bringing data together.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Systems development life cycle moving forward?
– What business benefits will Systems development life cycle goals deliver if achieved?
– Who sets the Systems development life cycle standards?
Computer science Critical Criteria:
Confer over Computer science tasks and finalize the present value of growth of Computer science.
– For your Systems development life cycle project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Think of your Systems development life cycle project. what are the main functions?
Functional specification Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Functional specification failures and spearhead techniques for implementing Functional specification.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Systems development life cycle agendas for the next 3 years?
– Are there Systems development life cycle Models?
IPO Model Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on IPO Model planning and adjust implementation of IPO Model.
– How do we measure improved Systems development life cycle service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are the barriers to increased Systems development life cycle production?
Statement of work Critical Criteria:
Guard Statement of work risks and drive action.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Systems development life cycle project?
– Why should we adopt a Systems development life cycle framework?
– When do I use a statement of work?
– What is a statement of work?
Computer programming Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Computer programming engagements and learn.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Systems development life cycle products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What is the purpose of Systems development life cycle in relation to the mission?
– What are our Systems development life cycle Processes?
Business conglomerate Critical Criteria:
Use past Business conglomerate results and summarize a clear Business conglomerate focus.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Systems development life cycle workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Systems development life cycle values?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Systems development life cycle processes of our organization?
Aerospace engineering Critical Criteria:
Learn from Aerospace engineering goals and track iterative Aerospace engineering results.
– Do those selected for the Systems development life cycle team have a good general understanding of what Systems development life cycle is all about?
– How will you know that the Systems development life cycle project has been successful?
Configuration management Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Configuration management decisions and research ways can we become the Configuration management company that would put us out of business.
– How do you keep the number of currently active codelines to a manageable set, and avoid growing the projects version tree too wide and too dense?
– Does the provider extend their vulnerability and configuration management process to the virtualization platform?
– Which cloud Service Management process maintains information in the Configuration Management database (cmdb)?
– Can we answer questions like: Are all requested changes to the cis assessed, processed and tracked?
– What information does Configuration Management provide to the it management of an organization?
– Can we answer questions like: Are all identified requirements allocated to software components?
– How do you build and get the right versions of the right components into a new workspace?
– How do you keep a rapidly evolving codeline stable enough to be useful?
– Which data is least likely to be used in the incident control process?
– Do we do formal technical reviews to assess technical correctness?
– Are there design changes associated with the proposed change?
– Are SSC s within the CM Program tested after modification?
– Motivation: why software Configuration Management?
– How frequently should cab/ec meetings be held?
– Is the change necessary, and if so, why?
– How and when will baselines be defined?
– Are user sign-off documents available?
– Independent verification complete?
– Is this right for us?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Think about Service-oriented architecture issues and change contexts.
Office of Government Commerce Critical Criteria:
Understand Office of Government Commerce decisions and arbitrate Office of Government Commerce techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What about Systems development life cycle Analysis of results?
– What are current Systems development life cycle Paradigms?
Software configuration management Critical Criteria:
Guard Software configuration management failures and point out improvements in Software configuration management.
– Among the Systems development life cycle product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Do we monitor the Systems development life cycle decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What are some of the software Configuration Management tools?
– Definition: what is software Configuration Management?
– Why software Configuration Management ?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Refer to Project management projects and learn.
– From an organizational perspective, what are the trade-offs involved in shifting all project management to an agile approach, versus maintaining a mixed portfolio of agile and traditional development?
– With agile processes promoting the concept of self-directed teams, is there room for the conventional project manager or does this role also need to evolve to suit the principles of the new paradigm?
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– Are there process theory explanations for differentiating better from less successful ways to implement agile techniques?
– What did you accomplish yesterday, what will you do today, and what impediments are getting in your way?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– How are agile principles being applied in large projects and multi-site projects?
– How is agile project management performed in the context of virtual teams?
– What is important in the kick-off meeting to enable feedback and learning?
– What s the protocol for interaction, decision making, project management?
– How do we create a culture that supports project management?
– How will stakeholders and customers react to the change?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office?
– Are there separate sub-systems that have to communicate?
– What are the Commercial aspects of Project Management?
– What type of certificate will be awarded and by whom?
– How familiar are we with Agile project management?
– So then, what is a virtual team?
– What is the cost of change?
– Who is a customer?
Reliability engineering Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Reliability engineering tactics and create Reliability engineering explanations for all managers.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Systems development life cycle strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Systems development life cycle objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Niklaus Wirth Critical Criteria:
Detail Niklaus Wirth decisions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Niklaus Wirth.
– How can you negotiate Systems development life cycle successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Systems development life cycle requirements in detail?
Spiral model Critical Criteria:
Look at Spiral model tactics and oversee Spiral model management by competencies.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Systems development life cycle?
– Can we do Systems development life cycle without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Who needs to know about Systems development life cycle ?
Software architecture Critical Criteria:
Chat re Software architecture projects and look for lots of ideas.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Systems development life cycle? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How do we Lead with Systems development life cycle in Mind?
Software deployment Critical Criteria:
Study Software deployment tactics and get going.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Systems development life cycle?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Systems development life cycle activities?
Danese Cooper Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Danese Cooper tasks and gather practices for scaling Danese Cooper.
User acceptance testing Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap User acceptance testing planning and give examples utilizing a core of simple User acceptance testing skills.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Systems development life cycle experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How do we Identify specific Systems development life cycle investment and emerging trends?
– Will Systems development life cycle deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Data model Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Data model engagements and gather practices for scaling Data model.
– Consider your own Systems development life cycle project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What are the data model, data definitions, structure, and hosting options of purchased applications (COTS)?
– What is the physical data model definition (derived from logical data models) used to design the database?
– How can the value of Systems development life cycle be defined?
– Physical data model available?
– Logical data model available?
Bertrand Meyer Critical Criteria:
Think about Bertrand Meyer issues and stake your claim.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Systems development life cycle processes?
Quality function deployment Critical Criteria:
Dissect Quality function deployment results and find out what it really means.
– Does Systems development life cycle include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Systems development life cycle strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Systems development life cycle activities?
Project life cycle Critical Criteria:
Start Project life cycle decisions and triple focus on important concepts of Project life cycle relationship management.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Systems development life cycle in a volatile global economy?
Structured analysis Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Structured analysis governance and describe the risks of Structured analysis sustainability.
– Does Systems development life cycle create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Do the Systems development life cycle decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Software testing Critical Criteria:
Audit Software testing engagements and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Software testing projects.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Systems development life cycle processes?
– What are the disruptive Systems development life cycle technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Systems development life cycle that make it risky?
Software prototyping Critical Criteria:
Adapt Software prototyping visions and gather practices for scaling Software prototyping.
– Who will provide the final approval of Systems development life cycle deliverables?
Joint applications development Critical Criteria:
Meet over Joint applications development tactics and interpret which customers can’t participate in Joint applications development because they lack skills.
– what is the best design framework for Systems development life cycle organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
Defect tracking Critical Criteria:
Read up on Defect tracking strategies and pay attention to the small things.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Systems development life cycle. How do we gain traction?
– Does Systems development life cycle analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Structured systems analysis and design method Critical Criteria:
Recall Structured systems analysis and design method decisions and finalize the present value of growth of Structured systems analysis and design method.
– Does Systems development life cycle analysis show the relationships among important Systems development life cycle factors?
System dynamics Critical Criteria:
Merge System dynamics goals and get the big picture.
– What vendors make products that address the Systems development life cycle needs?
– How do we go about Comparing Systems development life cycle approaches/solutions?
– What is Systems Thinking, and how does it relate to System Dynamics?
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Systems engineering tactics and secure Systems engineering creativity.
– The approach of traditional Systems development life cycle works for detail complexity but is focused on a systematic approach rather than an understanding of the nature of systems themselves. what approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– If you had to recreate the system at a certain state in its life cycle or duplicate the deployed system in the test lab to check out a fault, would you have all of the configuration data and documentation version information you would need to do so?
– When we try to quantify Systems Engineering in terms of capturing productivity (i.e., size/effort) data to incorporate into a parametric model, what size measure captures the amount of intellectual work performed by the systems engineer?
– The pp and the semp define the tasks and schedule for the project and the processes that will be followed to produce the deliverables. once the project is underway, how can you track progress against the plan?
– How do we achieve sufficient predictability in developing the system so as to enable meaningful costed and time-bounded, resourced plans to be formed?
– What happens if new needs (or more likely new requirements) are identified after the final needs or requirements have been developed?
– Is the project using any technologies that have not been widely deployed or that the project team is unfamiliar with?
– How are you going to know that the system is performing correctly once it is operational?
– Does management understand principles and concepts of system engineering?
– What are the elements and the high-level capabilities of the system?
– What are the expectations and limits of the given integration?
– What is the problem or opportunity addressed by the system?
– What is the sequence of activities that will be performed?
– Are the requirements mapped to one or more user needs?
– How will functionality be verified and validated?
– What are the interfaces for a given part?
– What solution options may be appropriate?
– How will we know when we are done?
– Right business case?
Watts Humphrey Critical Criteria:
Steer Watts Humphrey decisions and pioneer acquisition of Watts Humphrey systems.
ISO/IEC 15504 Critical Criteria:
Meet over ISO/IEC 15504 goals and test out new things.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Systems development life cycle goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
View model Critical Criteria:
Recall View model tasks and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough View model results.
– In a project to restructure Systems development life cycle outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What are the usability implications of Systems development life cycle actions?
Wernher von Braun Critical Criteria:
Discuss Wernher von Braun outcomes and remodel and develop an effective Wernher von Braun strategy.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Systems development life cycle?
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Learn from Software engineering tasks and find the essential reading for Software engineering researchers.
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Systems development life cycle objectives?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
Software maintenance Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Software maintenance failures and get the big picture.
– If the path forward waits until a new generation of devices essentially replaces an old generation of devices which could be somewhere between 5 and 15 years, what does the path forward look like for the legacy devices and their software maintenance?
– How much does Systems development life cycle help?
Software verification and validation Critical Criteria:
Value Software verification and validation strategies and plan concise Software verification and validation education.
System testing Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot System testing risks and plan concise System testing education.
– Why are Systems development life cycle skills important?
– Is Systems development life cycle Required?
Regression testing Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Regression testing results and probe Regression testing strategic alliances.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Systems development life cycle product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Systems development life cycle into the services that we provide?
– How likely is the current Systems development life cycle plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What do we do in regression testing?
Incremental build model Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Incremental build model issues and find the ideas you already have.
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Depict Enterprise architecture management and define what do we need to start doing with Enterprise architecture.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
System integration Critical Criteria:
Probe System integration quality and perfect System integration conflict management.
– How do you address back-end system integration?
Work breakdown structure Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Work breakdown structure visions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Work breakdown structure.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Systems development life cycle strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Systems development life cycle effort?
– Explain in detail the Work Breakdown Structure?
Feasibility study Critical Criteria:
Nurse Feasibility study governance and triple focus on important concepts of Feasibility study relationship management.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Systems development life cycle does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What important aspects need to be considered during a feasibility study?
Trygve Reenskaug Critical Criteria:
Shape Trygve Reenskaug decisions and ask questions.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Systems development life cycle process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Systems development life cycle process available?
– What are the key elements of your Systems development life cycle performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
Fabrycky, W. J. Critical Criteria:
Debate over Fabrycky, W. J. outcomes and drive action.
Performance engineering Critical Criteria:
Match Performance engineering adoptions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Performance engineering skills.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Systems development life cycle, including any consulting or professional services?
– How to Secure Systems development life cycle?
Object oriented Critical Criteria:
Guard Object oriented failures and look in other fields.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Systems development life cycle project?
Computer engineering Critical Criteria:
Value Computer engineering results and devise Computer engineering key steps.
Iterative and incremental development Critical Criteria:
Participate in Iterative and incremental development results and finalize the present value of growth of Iterative and incremental development.
Conceptual model Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Conceptual model tasks and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Conceptual model results.
Ivar Jacobson Critical Criteria:
Value Ivar Jacobson management and correct Ivar Jacobson management by competencies.
– What are specific Systems development life cycle Rules to follow?
Blanchard, B. S. Critical Criteria:
Pilot Blanchard, B. S. outcomes and develop and take control of the Blanchard, B. S. initiative.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Systems development life cycle process?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Systems development life cycle project manager?
Systems development life cycle Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Systems development life cycle issues and assess and formulate effective operational and Systems development life cycle strategies.
– Have you identified your Systems development life cycle key performance indicators?
Safety engineering Critical Criteria:
Jump start Safety engineering decisions and optimize Safety engineering leadership as a key to advancement.
Black-box testing Critical Criteria:
Survey Black-box testing decisions and forecast involvement of future Black-box testing projects in development.
– Will Systems development life cycle have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Software design Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Software design management and integrate design thinking in Software design innovation.
– Does Systems development life cycle systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Systems development life cycle Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Systems development life cycle External links:
SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE – PCC
DOJ Systems Development Life Cycle Guidance Chapter 5
DOJ Systems Development Life Cycle Guidance Table of Contents
Automation testing External links:
Automation Testing Tutorial : How to Get Started
Manual Testing, Automation Testing of Apps on Mobile …
What is selenium automation testing? – Quora
Object model External links:
Object Model calls may fail from WorkbookOpen event …
Distributed Component Object Model – technet.microsoft.com
The Internet Explorer Object Model – msdn.microsoft.com
Radhika Nagpal External links:
Radhika Nagpal | Speaker | TED
Radhika Nagpal, Ph.D. – Wyss Institute
Radhika Nagpal | Radcliffe Institute for Advanced …
Design review External links:
Permits & Design Review | op – op | Office of Planning
Design Review | DWF Viewer | Autodesk
Software quality assurance External links:
Software Quality Assurance Engineers & Testers at My Next Move
[PDF]Software Quality Assurance Plan – US Department …
Quality management External links:
Clinical Care & Quality Management | HIV/AIDS Bureau
abaqis® | Quality Management System
Unit testing External links:
Unit Testing Tutorial: 6 Best Practices to Get Up To …
Live Unit Testing in Visual Studio | Microsoft Docs
Waterfall model External links:
What project or company uses the waterfall model? – …
SDLC – Waterfall Model – tutorialspoint.com
How to make a realistic waterfall model – YouTube
White-box testing External links:
First white-box testing model finds thousands of …
Computer science External links:
Computer Science and Engineering
Department of Computer Science
TEALS – Computer Science in Every High School
Functional specification External links:
Process 2: Write the Functional Specification
Functional Specification – technet.microsoft.com
What is functional specification? – Definition from WhatIs…
IPO Model External links:
How to Use an IPO Model | Chron.com
The IPO Model – Towards Data Science
Proprietist Theory and the IPO Model | Proprietism
Statement of work External links:
How to Write a Statement of Work for Any Industry | Smartsheet
Free Statement of Work Templates Smartsheet
Computer programming External links:
Computer Programming, Robotics & Engineering – STEM For Kids
Computer programming | Computing | Khan Academy
Computer Programming Certificates – ed2go
Aerospace engineering External links:
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering at The University …
Aerospace Engineering | College of Engineering
Configuration management External links:
[PDF]Document: Configuration Management Plan – …
Configuration Management | IpX
AWS OpsWorks – Configuration Management
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Understanding Service-Oriented Architecture
Service-Oriented Architecture Summary | Accenture
Messaging Patterns in Service-Oriented Architecture, …
Office of Government Commerce External links:
Amazon.com: An Introduction to PRINCE2: Managing and Directing Successful Projects (8601300088570): Office of Government Commerce: Books
Software configuration management External links:
Software Configuration Management Certification …
[PDF]Software Configuration Management
[PDF]Software Configuration Management A Clear …
Project management External links:
Project Management Software – zoho.com
http://Ad · www.zoho.com/Projects
Project Management Software – zoho.com
http://Ad · www.zoho.com/Projects
Certifications | Project Management Institute
Reliability engineering External links:
Google – Site Reliability Engineering
Google – Site Reliability Engineering
Cloud Computing, Systems Reliability Engineering, …
Niklaus Wirth External links:
Celebrating Niklaus Wirth’s 80th Birthday | Hacker News
Niklaus Wirth N. Eric | Facebook
Niklaus Wirth Quotes – BrainyQuote
Spiral model External links:
SDLC Spiral Model – Tutorials Point
Spiral Model : Advantages and Disadvantages ~ I …
Software architecture External links:
Example: Software Architecture Document
Software Architecture | Overview
Chapter 2: Key Principles of Software Architecture
Software deployment External links:
Top Software Deployment Tools: 25 Tools to …
Software Deployment – PC Power Management – IT …
Danese Cooper External links:
Danese Cooper – Google+
Danese Cooper (@DivaDanese) | Twitter
Danese Cooper | Flickr
User acceptance testing External links:
[PDF]USER ACCEPTANCE TESTING DEFECT REPORTING
User Acceptance Testing Uat Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Workday User Acceptance Testing – CSN
Data model External links:
Creating your first data model in Azure Analysis …
Introducing the new entities in the Common data model
Bertrand Meyer External links:
Bertrand Meyer (@Bertrand_Meyer) | Twitter
Bertrand Meyer Profiles | Facebook
Bertrand Meyer-Stabley | Facebook
Quality function deployment External links:
Quality Function Deployment QFD :: Overview :: The …
Quality Function Deployment in Excel | Excel QFD …
Project life cycle External links:
Project Life Cycle | American Law Institute
MDOT SHA: Project Life Cycle(PLC) Home page
The Eye Diagram: A New Perspective on the Project Life Cycle
Structured analysis External links:
Structured analysis | Article about structured analysis …
What is Structured Analysis? – Definition from Techopedia
Software testing External links:
QualiTest Group – Independent Software testing …
Maveric Systems – Software Testing Solution and …
Software Testing and Deployment | Olenick
Software prototyping External links:
Software Prototyping & Requirements Management …
Software Prototyping | Rapid Prototyping | AgileThought
Skill Pages – Software prototyping | Dice.com
Joint applications development External links:
JAD – Joint Applications Development – SlideShare
JAD – Joint Applications Development | AcronymAttic
Defect tracking External links:
System Dashboard – eLandings Software Defect Tracking
Defect Tracking Template in Excel – QI Macros
System Dashboard – RMS DEFECT TRACKING SYSTEM
Structured systems analysis and design method External links:
Structured systems analysis and design method …
Structured Systems Analysis and Design Method …
System dynamics External links:
Generational Dynamics – MIT’s System Dynamics …
System Dynamics Online (MS) | Online Graduate …
JPL Solar System Dynamics
Systems engineering External links:
Innoslate | PLM and Systems Engineering Tools
Solers, Inc. :: Software & Systems Engineering
Watts Humphrey External links:
G. Watts Humphrey, Jr. | America’s Best Racing
Bettie Fuller Watts Humphrey (1880-1957) – Find A …
George Watts Humphrey Jr. – Wealth-X Dossier
ISO/IEC 15504 External links:
The relationship between ISO/IEC 15504 process …
http://ISO/IEC 15504 Information technology – Process assessment, also termed Software Process Improvement and Capability Determination (SPICE), is a set of technical standards documents for the computer software development process and related business management functions.
TIPA — IT Process Assessment Based on ISO/IEC 15504 …
View model External links:
http://A view model represents the data that you want to display on your view/page, whether it be used for static text or for input values (like textboxes and dropdown lists) that can be added to the database (or edited). It is something different than your domain model. It is a model for the view.
Home Inventory | View Model Homes & Floorplans | …
My View model position for CS:GO – Steam Community
Wernher von Braun External links:
2017 Wernher von Braun Memorial Symposium …
Wernher von Braun – IMDb
NOVA – Official Website | Wernher von Braun ‘s Legacy
Software engineering External links:
Software Engineering Institute
Academy for Software Engineering / Homepage
Software Engineering Directorate | U.S. Army Aviation …
Software maintenance External links:
Upgrade and Software Maintenance Agreement …
Software verification and validation External links:
Goran’s Software Verification and Validation …
Software verification and validation : Wallace, Dolores …
System testing External links:
System Testing | Food and Nutrition Service
Regression testing External links:
How to Carry out Regression Testing: 5 Steps (with …
Incremental build model External links:
Incremental build model by John Brock on Prezi
Incremental Build Model – YouTube
Incremental Build Model – YouTube
System integration External links:
Evergreen ITS – System Integration | Managed Network …
Control System Integration Company – Lin & Associates…
Security System Integration and Custom Design | …
Work breakdown structure External links:
[PDF]Work Breakdown Structure – RHIC | Relativistic …
[PDF]UNCLASSIFIED Work Breakdown Structure – CADE
[DOC]WORK BREAKDOWN STRUCTURE – Maryland
Feasibility study External links:
Feasibility Study – Freetutes.com
What Is a Feasibility Study and Why Do You Need One?
How to Write a Technical Feasibility Study – The Balance
Performance engineering External links:
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering – Official Site
Home – Korkar Performance Engineering
Hi-Performance Engineering, Inc.
Computer engineering External links:
Welcome to Electrical and Computer Engineering at …
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering (NDSU)
Iterative and incremental development External links:
[PDF]Iterative and incremental development: a brief …
[PDF]Iterative and Incremental Development (IID)
Conceptual model External links:
What Is Recovery? A Conceptual Model and Explication
Ivar Jacobson External links:
Ivar Jacobson International
Ivar Jacobson International | Facebook
Systems development life cycle External links:
DOJ Systems Development Life Cycle Guidance Table of Contents
DOJ Systems Development Life Cycle Guidance Chapter 5
SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE – PCC
Safety engineering External links:
CASE Experts – Forensic, consulting and safety engineering
Safety Engineering Jobs – ASSE Career Center
Software design External links:
MjM Software Design
Software Design and Development | Green River
Web and Mobile Software Design, Development, and …