What is involved in Information Quality Management
Find out what the related areas are that Information Quality Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Information Quality Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Information Quality Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Information Quality Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Information Quality Management related domains to cover and 43 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Information Quality Management, Eppler, Martin J., Information criteria, Information management, Information risk management, Information security management, Knowledge management, Quality management, Software engineering:
Information Quality Management Critical Criteria:
Model after Information Quality Management projects and develop and take control of the Information Quality Management initiative.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Information Quality Management ?
Eppler, Martin J. Critical Criteria:
Gauge Eppler, Martin J. risks and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Eppler, Martin J. decisions.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Information Quality Management product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Information Quality Management processes?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Information Quality Management project?
Information criteria Critical Criteria:
Define Information criteria projects and drive action.
– Do those selected for the Information Quality Management team have a good general understanding of what Information Quality Management is all about?
– How do we measure improved Information Quality Management service perception, and satisfaction?
– Does our organization need more Information Quality Management education?
Information management Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Information management issues and find the essential reading for Information management researchers.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Information Quality Management processes of our organization?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Information Quality Management objectives?
– What is the difference between Enterprise Information Management and Data Warehousing?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Information Quality Management Management?
– How is Business Intelligence and Information Management related?
Information risk management Critical Criteria:
Consider Information risk management adoptions and give examples utilizing a core of simple Information risk management skills.
– How will you know that the Information Quality Management project has been successful?
– Why is Information Quality Management important for you now?
– What are our Information Quality Management Processes?
Information security management Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Information security management planning and oversee implementation of Information security management.
– Has the organization established an Identity and Access Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines and which identifies users and network devices?
– Has the organization established an enterprise-wide business continuity/disaster recovery program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Information Quality Management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Is there a business continuity/disaster recovery plan in place?
– Are damage assessment and disaster recovery plans in place?
Knowledge management Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Knowledge management strategies and do something to it.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– How do your measurements capture actionable Information Quality Management information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Information Quality Management activities?
– What are the best practices in knowledge management for IT Service management ITSM?
– What best practices in knowledge management for Service management do we use?
– How do we manage Information Quality Management Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What about Information Quality Management Analysis of results?
– When is Knowledge Management Measured?
– How is Knowledge Management Measured?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Quality management projects and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Quality management is getting what it needs.
– Does Information Quality Management analysis show the relationships among important Information Quality Management factors?
– How do we go about Securing Information Quality Management?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Pilot Software engineering strategies and point out Software engineering tensions in leadership.
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– For your Information Quality Management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– Does Information Quality Management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Are assumptions made in Information Quality Management stated explicitly?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Information Quality Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Information Quality Management External links:
Staff View: Information quality management
Eppler, Martin J. External links:
CiNii Books Author – Eppler, Martin J.
Information criteria External links:
Information Criteria – Survey Analysis
Information management External links:
Log in – Utility Permit Information Management System
Home | Information Management
Information risk management External links:
Aujas – Information Risk Management, Information …
netlogx – Information Risk Management Services
Information risk management (eBook, 2012) [WorldCat.org]
Information security management External links:
Information Security Management Provider – Sedara
Federal Information Security Management Act – CSRC
Information Security Management – Corralling Mobile …
Knowledge management External links:
A hub for technical knowledge management. — NDCAC
tealbook | Supplier Discovery, Knowledge Management …
Home | Center for Knowledge Management
Quality management External links:
abaqis® | Quality Management System
Quality Management Training Solutions from BSI
Software engineering External links:
Software Engineering Institute
Academy for Software Engineering / Homepage