What is involved in Java Concurrency
Find out what the related areas are that Java Concurrency connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Java Concurrency thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Java Concurrency journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Java Concurrency leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Java Concurrency related domains to cover and 75 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Java Concurrency, Central processing unit, Common subexpression elimination, Compiler optimization, Concurrency pattern, Concurrent computing, Concurrent programming, Fork–join model, J2SE 1.2, J2SE 5.0, Java Community Process, Java ConcurrentMap, Java Memory Model, Java SE 6, Java SE 7, Java collections framework, Java package, Java virtual machine, Light-weight process, Memory barrier, Memory hierarchy, Memory model, Mutual exclusion, Oracle Corporation, Partial redundancy elimination, Register allocation, Sequential consistency, Thread safety, Volatile variable:
Java Concurrency Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Java Concurrency governance and overcome Java Concurrency skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Java Concurrency does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Will Java Concurrency have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Java Concurrency ?
Central processing unit Critical Criteria:
Trace Central processing unit decisions and display thorough understanding of the Central processing unit process.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Java Concurrency strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Java Concurrency leader?
– How is the value delivered by Java Concurrency being measured?
Common subexpression elimination Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Common subexpression elimination failures and summarize a clear Common subexpression elimination focus.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Java Concurrency values?
– How do we measure improved Java Concurrency service perception, and satisfaction?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Java Concurrency?
Compiler optimization Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Compiler optimization visions and get answers.
– What are the disruptive Java Concurrency technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What vendors make products that address the Java Concurrency needs?
– How would one define Java Concurrency leadership?
Concurrency pattern Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Concurrency pattern management and finalize specific methods for Concurrency pattern acceptance.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Java Concurrency? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How can we improve Java Concurrency?
Concurrent computing Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Concurrent computing leadership and acquire concise Concurrent computing education.
– Do those selected for the Java Concurrency team have a good general understanding of what Java Concurrency is all about?
– What are the short and long-term Java Concurrency goals?
Concurrent programming Critical Criteria:
Look at Concurrent programming governance and get the big picture.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Java Concurrency models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Java Concurrency study?
– Does our organization need more Java Concurrency education?
Fork–join model Critical Criteria:
Apply Fork–join model strategies and track iterative Fork–join model results.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Java Concurrency project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Java Concurrency project lifecycle?
– Among the Java Concurrency product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do we go about Comparing Java Concurrency approaches/solutions?
J2SE 1.2 Critical Criteria:
Read up on J2SE 1.2 issues and report on the economics of relationships managing J2SE 1.2 and constraints.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Java Concurrency?
– Is Java Concurrency Required?
J2SE 5.0 Critical Criteria:
Deduce J2SE 5.0 management and find answers.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Java Concurrency process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Java Concurrency process available?
– Are we Assessing Java Concurrency and Risk?
– How do we keep improving Java Concurrency?
Java Community Process Critical Criteria:
Confer over Java Community Process failures and arbitrate Java Community Process techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Have you identified your Java Concurrency key performance indicators?
Java ConcurrentMap Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Java ConcurrentMap adoptions and shift your focus.
– Who sets the Java Concurrency standards?
Java Memory Model Critical Criteria:
Canvass Java Memory Model projects and report on the economics of relationships managing Java Memory Model and constraints.
– Who needs to know about Java Concurrency ?
Java SE 6 Critical Criteria:
Derive from Java SE 6 tactics and shift your focus.
– Does Java Concurrency include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Why are Java Concurrency skills important?
Java SE 7 Critical Criteria:
Examine Java SE 7 decisions and find out.
– Is maximizing Java Concurrency protection the same as minimizing Java Concurrency loss?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Java Concurrency project?
Java collections framework Critical Criteria:
Rank Java collections framework governance and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Java collections framework projects.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Java Concurrency strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How likely is the current Java Concurrency plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How important is Java Concurrency to the user organizations mission?
Java package Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Java package risks and mentor Java package customer orientation.
– Does the Java Concurrency task fit the clients priorities?
Java virtual machine Critical Criteria:
Define Java virtual machine tasks and overcome Java virtual machine skills and management ineffectiveness.
Light-weight process Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Light-weight process goals and tour deciding if Light-weight process progress is made.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Java Concurrency with what users do day-to-day?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Java Concurrency been identified and analyzed?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Java Concurrency activities?
Memory barrier Critical Criteria:
Rank Memory barrier strategies and probe the present value of growth of Memory barrier.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Java Concurrency project manager?
– Do we all define Java Concurrency in the same way?
Memory hierarchy Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Memory hierarchy tactics and adopt an insight outlook.
– Do we monitor the Java Concurrency decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What business benefits will Java Concurrency goals deliver if achieved?
Memory model Critical Criteria:
Understand Memory model leadership and integrate design thinking in Memory model innovation.
– How can you negotiate Java Concurrency successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Are there Java Concurrency Models?
Mutual exclusion Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Mutual exclusion visions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Mutual exclusion results.
– Have all basic functions of Java Concurrency been defined?
– What are specific Java Concurrency Rules to follow?
– Is the scope of Java Concurrency defined?
Oracle Corporation Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Oracle Corporation tasks and revise understanding of Oracle Corporation architectures.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Java Concurrency move?
Partial redundancy elimination Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Partial redundancy elimination risks and budget for Partial redundancy elimination challenges.
Register allocation Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Register allocation strategies and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Register allocation is getting what it needs.
– Can we do Java Concurrency without complex (expensive) analysis?
Sequential consistency Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Sequential consistency goals and find the ideas you already have.
– Transactions may execute in a different sequence from reality: sequential consistency compromised ?
– Is there a Java Concurrency Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Thread safety Critical Criteria:
Consult on Thread safety governance and assess and formulate effective operational and Thread safety strategies.
– Which customers cant participate in our Java Concurrency domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Java Concurrency that make it risky?
Volatile variable Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Volatile variable engagements and pay attention to the small things.
– Is Java Concurrency Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Are there recognized Java Concurrency problems?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Java Concurrency Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Java Concurrency External links:
Core Java Concurrency – DZone – Refcardz
Java concurrency (multi-threading) – Tutorial – vogella
Central processing unit External links:
Central Processing Unit (CPU) – Montgomery County, MD
The Central Processing Unit Essays – ManyEssays.com
[PDF]Central Processing Unit (CPU) – Concordia University
Common subexpression elimination External links:
Optimizer: Common Subexpression elimination …
CS312 Problem Set 5B: Common Subexpression Elimination
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/courses/cs312/2003fa/hw/CS312 Problem Set 5B.htm
Common Subexpression Elimination – YouTube
Compiler optimization External links:
GCC compiler optimization for ARM-based systems · …
Compiler Optimization – Quora
Insecure Compiler Optimization – OWASP
Concurrency pattern External links:
Concurrency Pattern: Producer and Consumer – DZone …
Concurrent computing External links:
CS3331 Concurrent Computing: Course Information Page
Skill Pages – Concurrent computing | Dice.com
What is Concurrent Computing? – Computer Hope
Concurrent programming External links:
Concurrent Programming in Java Public Group | Facebook
Concurrent Programming » NICWA
Difference between Parallel and Concurrent programming?
J2SE 5.0 External links:
J2SE 5.0 on Intel Mac OSX | Official Apple Support …
Boxing Conversion in J2SE 5.0 Blog | Oracle Community
Security Vulnerability With Java Web Start (J2SE 5.0)
Java Community Process External links:
Java Community Process – talend.com
Java Community Process – Home | Facebook
Java Memory Model External links:
Fixing the Java Memory Model, Part 2 – IBM
Java Memory Model – Jenkov.com
The Java Memory Model – cs.umd.edu
Java SE 6 External links:
Java Se 6 0 Jdk 6 – Download.com
The end of Java SE 6: Where to go from here – WASdev
Java SE 7 External links:
Java SE 7 Programlama | Udemy
Java SE 7 Certification: Raising The Bar – Oracle
Summary Page: TestPrep 1Z0-803 Java SE 7 Programmer I
Java collections framework External links:
Java Collections Framework Tutorials – …
Java Collections Framework Flashcards | Quizlet
Java package External links:
Create Java Package within a Maven Project | Adobe …
Eclipse Create Java Package – tutorialspoint.com
Java virtual machine External links:
Java Virtual Machine (JVM): Critical Metrics You Need to Track
GameColony.com – Java Virtual Machine
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine
Memory barrier External links:
http://A memory fence/barrier is a class of instructions that mean memory read/writes occur in the order you expect. For example a ‘full fence’ means all read/writes before the fence are comitted before those after the fence.
[RyuJIT/arm32] Generate memory barrier instructions …
Memory hierarchy External links:
Lecture – 29 Memory Hierarchy : Cache Organization – …
02 The memory Hierarchy and Memory Interfacing – YouTube
Quiz Memory Hierarchy Flashcards | Quizlet
Memory model External links:
Java Memory Model – Jenkov.com
As Psychology – The Multi-Store Memory Model – YouTube
Mutual exclusion External links:
Mutual Exclusion Doctrine – Investopedia
[PDF]Chapter 9: Distributed Mutual Exclusion Algorithms
[PDF]Self-Stabilizing Mutual Exclusion Using Tokens in …
Oracle Corporation External links:
ORCL: Oracle Corporation – Detailed Estimates – Zacks.com
Oracle Corporation – ORCL – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Partial redundancy elimination External links:
[PDF]Partial Redundancy Elimination for Access Path …
[PDF]Partial Redundancy Elimination – Stanford University
[PDF]Value-Based Partial Redundancy Elimination
Register allocation External links:
Title: Register Allocation By Model Transformer Semantics
[PDF]Register Allocation – Computer Science
[PDF]Linear Scan Register Allocation – CS
Thread safety External links:
Thread safety and string – GNU Project
Thread Safety in the C++ Standard Library
Volatile variable External links:
What is a volatile variable? – Quora
c – Volatile variable – Stack Overflow
What is a Volatile Variable? – Definition from Techopedia