What is involved in Hybrid WAN
Find out what the related areas are that Hybrid WAN connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Hybrid WAN thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Hybrid WAN journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Hybrid WAN leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Hybrid WAN related domains to cover and 96 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Hybrid WAN, Cloud computing, Command line interface, Data center, Desktop virtualization, Edge device, Frame relay, Go to market, High-definition video, Internet access, Low latency, Nemertes Research, Network World, Network congestion, Network emulation, Packet loss, Policy-based management, Service-level agreement, Software-defined networking, Streaming media, Wide area network:
Hybrid WAN Critical Criteria:
Discourse Hybrid WAN strategies and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Hybrid WAN.
– For your Hybrid WAN project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How do we know that any Hybrid WAN analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Discuss Cloud computing management and describe which business rules are needed as Cloud computing interface.
– Data classification: how sensitive is the data that will be placed in the cloud (e.g., confidential, critical, public) and what controls should be in place to ensure it is properly protected?
– Have you considered what measures you will need to implement to ensure that the cloud provider complies with all applicable federal, state, and local privacy laws, including ferpa?
– Have you considered that incident detection and response can be more complicated in a cloud-based environment?
– How will technology advancements in soa, virtualization and cloud computing further and enable saas adoption?
– There are issues relating to policy and access. if your data is stored abroad whose policy do you adhere to?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT service management ?
– How can cloud stakeholders ensure and promote the security of Cloud computing?
– Which cloud service model encompasses the complete cloud computing stack?
– If your data is stored abroad whose foi policy do you adhere to?
– Is cloud computing affecting traditional hardware vendors?
– What defines a true cloud solution versus the quasi cloud?
– Is there any recourses about cloud computing performance?
– What are the usability issues around cloud computing?
– Is the market ready yet for P2P cloud computing?
– Is Cloud computing dangerous for our data?
– Defining terms: what is a cloud platform?
– What problems does cloud computing solve?
– How energy efficient is cloud computing?
– How can the value of Hybrid WAN be defined?
– Is the public cloud more secure?
Command line interface Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Command line interface visions and check on ways to get started with Command line interface.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Hybrid WAN in a volatile global economy?
– Does Hybrid WAN systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Can we do Hybrid WAN without complex (expensive) analysis?
Data center Critical Criteria:
Grade Data center results and change contexts.
– Fog Computing is internet computing where the devices responsible for the computing surround us. Instead of having a data center where all of the processing and storage occurs, fog computing would allow us to bring the devices closer to us and these devices would be responsible for their own processing and storage. So how does this concept help us deal with the problems created by the IoT, and what benefits would this provide us that upgrading the cloud infrastructure couldnt?
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– Do operating procedures require systems to undergo a security/vulnerability scan before being placed into production?
– Which report should an administrator use to know both historic and current utilization of storage in a data center?
– Which applications are best suited for the internal data center, and which ones make sense for the public cloud?
– Do any countries force cloud based companies to house data within that countrys data centers?
– Should the dataset be deposited in a national, international or discipline-based data center?
– What is a benefit of automated site failover capability in a data center environment?
– How likely is the current Hybrid WAN plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Is stuff in the cloud on the same legal footing as stuff in your data center?
– Is the priority of system restores documented in the disaster recovery plan?
– How do we measure improved Hybrid WAN service perception, and satisfaction?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– How many and where are located the providers data centers?
– How do we manage Hybrid WAN Knowledge Management (KM)?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
– How many data center sites do you have?
Desktop virtualization Critical Criteria:
Deduce Desktop virtualization quality and prioritize challenges of Desktop virtualization.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Hybrid WAN models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– How would the developing vdi (vmware) and ddi (citrix) solutions meet the desktop virtualization challenges presented by ringling college?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Hybrid WAN products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Hybrid WAN forward?
Edge device Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Edge device visions and define what do we need to start doing with Edge device.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Hybrid WAN requirements in detail?
– How will IoT edge devices be monitored, managed and updated?
– What business benefits will Hybrid WAN goals deliver if achieved?
– Are accountability and ownership for Hybrid WAN clearly defined?
Frame relay Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Frame relay management and find the ideas you already have.
– Which customers cant participate in our Hybrid WAN domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Hybrid WAN agendas for the next 3 years?
Go to market Critical Criteria:
Pilot Go to market results and explain and analyze the challenges of Go to market.
– Think about the people you identified for your Hybrid WAN project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Which Hybrid WAN goals are the most important?
High-definition video Critical Criteria:
Administer High-definition video tactics and shift your focus.
– How would one define Hybrid WAN leadership?
– How to Secure Hybrid WAN?
Internet access Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Internet access issues and develop and take control of the Internet access initiative.
– Is Hybrid WAN Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Who needs to know about Hybrid WAN ?
Low latency Critical Criteria:
Consult on Low latency adoptions and maintain Low latency for success.
– How will you measure your Hybrid WAN effectiveness?
– What about Hybrid WAN Analysis of results?
– What are our Hybrid WAN Processes?
Nemertes Research Critical Criteria:
Participate in Nemertes Research tasks and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Hybrid WAN services/products?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Hybrid WAN leaders?
– What is Effective Hybrid WAN?
Network World Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Network World engagements and perfect Network World conflict management.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Hybrid WAN is underway?
Network congestion Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Network congestion tasks and balance specific methods for improving Network congestion results.
– Is maximizing Hybrid WAN protection the same as minimizing Hybrid WAN loss?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Hybrid WAN?
Network emulation Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Network emulation decisions and know what your objective is.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Hybrid WAN processes?
– Are assumptions made in Hybrid WAN stated explicitly?
Packet loss Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Packet loss projects and separate what are the business goals Packet loss is aiming to achieve.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Hybrid WAN process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Hybrid WAN process available?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Hybrid WAN Management?
– Is Hybrid WAN Required?
Policy-based management Critical Criteria:
Judge Policy-based management projects and finalize the present value of growth of Policy-based management.
– In the case of a Hybrid WAN project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Hybrid WAN project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Hybrid WAN project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Hybrid WAN activities?
Service-level agreement Critical Criteria:
Meet over Service-level agreement visions and question.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Hybrid WAN process?
– In terms of service availability, can you get your vendor to sign a service-level agreement?
Software-defined networking Critical Criteria:
Adapt Software-defined networking leadership and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Software-defined networking is getting what it needs.
– How do we Improve Hybrid WAN service perception, and satisfaction?
– What will drive Hybrid WAN change?
Streaming media Critical Criteria:
Generalize Streaming media planning and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Streaming media.
– What are internal and external Hybrid WAN relations?
– Are there recognized Hybrid WAN problems?
– Why are Hybrid WAN skills important?
Wide area network Critical Criteria:
Align Wide area network results and correct better engagement with Wide area network results.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Hybrid WAN goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Do we monitor the Hybrid WAN decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How do we go about Comparing Hybrid WAN approaches/solutions?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Hybrid WAN Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Hybrid WAN External links:
What is hybrid WAN? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Silver Peak Service Provider SD-WAN & Hybrid WAN …
Hybrid WAN | Hybrid Multi-Line WAN – FatPipe Networks
Cloud computing External links:
Compliant Cloud Computing Simplified – Lumen21
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
CRM Software & Cloud Computing Solutions – Salesforce UK
Command line interface External links:
[PDF]Avaya Command Line Interface Commands …
Data center External links:
CIO.gov – Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI)
App Development, Data Center Solutions, Salesforce & IT
Race and Ethnicity Classifications — State Data Center
Desktop virtualization External links:
Application and Desktop Virtualization – Citrix
Install the Remote Desktop Virtualization Host Role Service
MED-V – Microsoft Desktop Virtualization | TechNet
Edge device External links:
Tactical Edge Device | Harris
Frame relay External links:
Frame relay (eBook, 2000) [WorldCat.org]
Read this Science Essay and over 88,000 other research documents. Frame Relay. Frame Relay is a high-performance WAN protocol that operates at …
Go to market External links:
The twins go to market (Book, 1966) [WorldCat.org]
Internet access External links:
Internet Access – Dial-Up and DSL Internet Service – NetZero
DISA Multi-Host Internet Access Portal
Access from AT&T – Discount Internet Access
Low latency External links:
Microwave market data at extreme low latency | Quincy Data
Low Latency Microwave | McKay Brothers
Qualcomm® aptX™ Low Latency Synchronised Audio
Nemertes Research External links:
John Burke – Nemertes Research, CIO and Principal …
Nemertes Research – Official Site
Nemertes Research Report Download | West Corporation
Network World External links:
Novosti mira – Information and advertising network World …
NHL Network World Junior Championship Game Schedule | NHL.com
Network congestion External links:
Solving network congestion | MIT CSAIL
CryptoKitties is causing ethereum network congestion — …
Network Congestion? | Verizon Community
Network emulation External links:
How to: Configure Network Emulation Using Test Settings …
CLOUDLAB – Emulab – Network Emulation Testbed Home
Packet loss External links:
What’s “normal” for latency and packet loss? – Pingman …
Optimizing Connections: Improving Latency and Packet Loss
4 Ways to Fix the Packet Loss Issue – Small Business Trends
Policy-based management External links:
AWS Organizations – Policy-based management for …
What is policy-based management? – Definition from WhatIs.com
CiteSeerX — Policy-based Management for
Service-level agreement External links:
Service-Level Agreement Template – Get Free Sample
Software-defined networking External links:
What is software-defined networking (SDN)? – …
Streaming media External links:
Streaming Media Players: Comparison Chart | Tech for …
Rveal | Streaming Media Player & TV Entertainment Solutions
Buy NVIDIA SHIELD TV Streaming Media Player (Remote Only) features Stream Over 1000 Entertainment Apps, 16GB of Storage Space. …
Wide area network External links:
Wide Area Network (WAN) | North Dakota ITD
[PDF]ALTESS Wide Area Network Acceptable Use Agreement
Wide Area Network Repeater System W3WAN – Home | Facebook