Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Virtualization Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Virtualization related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Virtualization specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Virtualization Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 685 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Virtualization improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 685 standard requirements:
- How can you verify that the virtualization platform or cloud management software running on the systems you use, which you did not install and do not control, does not contain malware?
- Redundant units use energy but provide limited value in normal operating conditions. Can you reduce the level of redundant units and still maintain stability and reliability?
- Are you using an external virtualization technology to achieve database consolidation, and if yes, are the performance and complexity of operations acceptable?
- How do applications express Quality-of-Service targets and have the underlying hardware, the operating system and the virtualization layers work together to ensure them?
- What impact has emerging technology (e.g., cloud computing, virtualization and mobile computing) had on your companys ITRM program over the past 12 months?
- Senior-level client discussions now tend to focus on where to start rather than simply on feasibility. Whats the initial use case that can bootstrap NFV deployment?
- Virtualization; Do your virtualized environments comply with licensing requirements, such as for server, desktop and application virtualization environments?
- Are you consolidating computing environments: server virtualization, increase computing density, lowering energy consumption or starting green initiatives?
- How do we determine the need for the new hardware infrastructures, such as server farms, virtualization, grid computing, and utility computing?
- Both Operations Manager and Configuration Manager are intended for larger organizations with more specialized IT staffs. What about mid-size companies?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Virtualization book in PDF containing 685 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your Virtualization self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Virtualization Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Virtualization areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Virtualization Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Virtualization projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Virtualization Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 Virtualization project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Team Member Performance Assessment: Can your organization rate by exception and assume that most employees are performing at an acceptable level?
- Schedule Management Plan: Does the IMS include all contract and/or designated management control milestones?
- Project Portfolio management: Annually (or more frequently) prioritise the overall Virtualization project portfolio?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Have most organizations benefited from outsourcing?
- Procurement Audit: Does the procurement function/unit have the ability to apply electronic procurement?
- Roles and Responsibilities: Are the quality assurance functions and related roles and responsibilities clearly defined?
- Process Improvement Plan: What personnel are the champions for the initiative?
- Project Schedule: Virtualization project work estimates Who is managing the work estimate quality of work tasks in the Virtualization project schedule?
- Activity Duration Estimates: Are operational definitions created to identify quality measurement criteria for specific activities?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Do Virtualization project teams & team members report on status / activities / progress?
Step-by-step and complete Virtualization Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Virtualization project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Virtualization project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Virtualization project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Virtualization project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Virtualization project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Virtualization project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Virtualization project with this in-depth Virtualization Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Virtualization projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Virtualization and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Virtualization investments work better.
This Virtualization All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.